IGNORED

Doha airport?

bigone

Got a long stay at Doha airport on route to Patt's.

Any guys been there and can you have a beer there?

I am there for 5 hours

got a long stay at doha airport on route to patts

any guys been there and can you have a beer there?

i am there for 5 hours

clear customs hop in a cab and tell them to take you to a western hotel, any hotel...

I stopped off in Doha before, I was not allowed to bring any alcohol into the airport cos its illegal or something. Didn't have time to go out the airport as it was only a 20 minute or so stop.

• 2 weeks later...

bummer i've got a 6hr stop over there on the way back. How far to the nearest western hotel?

You have the right to remain silent, anything you do say will be taken out of context and used against you!

• 1 year later...

i know doha airport better than i'd actually like, so here's the story:

for biz class passenger there's a super new premium terminal. strict entry control, so without biz class ticket no chance. in there you find whirlpool, spa, a great buffet spread and all th booze you like.

in the normal (economy) terminal the only way to get a drink is in the lounge. If you have an Amex card or have a Priority Pass card they let you in, but may have to pay. The lounge there is a bit shabby - no comparison to the real premium terminal - but probably the best location to kill a few hours. you can actually have booze there but it's not on offer, ie you have to ask one of the service personnel, which becomes a bit embarrassing once you ask for the 10th refill

Interestingly, qatar airways however ply you with drinks - etihad are stricter (only 1 drink at a time)

if you have a 6 hour layover it's certanly worth to hit the town and have lunch/dinner at a normal place