Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Problems with sms (text) from Thailand!

Bob33065

Anybody else having problems receiving sms (text) from Thailand?

I am able to send and they can receive but when they send I don’t receive from Thailand.

I have also used 3 different phones to send sms (text) to Thailand and they have received and when they have tried to send back to all 3 phones I never receive any of the sms (text).

I have also sent to 3 different phones in Thailand and they have all received the sms (text) but cannot receive from Thailand.

Anybody else having this problem? :Crazy1:

Hot tip, use whatsapp messenger, its free. good for 30 messages to and back a day. eh eh. Tango is good for video calls.

Of course one needs a smartphone and internet for this.

Is this with a Thai sim card? If not maybe they have international text messaging disabled.

I'm on Verizon in the USA and have no problem receiving SMS messages from AIS and DTAC. I am also able to receive them on a Google number that is tied to my notebook comptuer.

For AIS the IPIPI.com local gateway number also works, but does not for DTAC. I have given this number to a couple of women there so they can send me a text as if it were a local number for them.

Hot tip, use whatsapp messenger, its free. good for 30 messages to and back a day. eh eh. Tango is good for video calls.

Of course one needs a smartphone and internet for this.

Checked out Whatsapp but the wifi is not the best in Issan, Thank You

Is this with a Thai sim card? If not maybe they have international text messaging disabled.

She called her phone company they said all is working correctly, yes it is a Thai sim card. Thank You

Are you sure they are sending you SMSs back?

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

I get a few SMS a week from my TG and there has never been an issue nor with sending back.

I get SMS regularly and have no problems either.

Robw

• 3 weeks later...

Same thing for me can send text but can not receive one. GF went and bought a new phone and still didnt not work.

Check they are using the right international number ! One friend of mine has to use 00144 before my uk number while others use 0044 or +44. Maybe she needs to add the 1 before your number ?

If it flies, floats or fucks - it will be cheaper to rent !

Check they are using the right international number ! One friend of mine has to use 00144 before my uk number while others use 0044 or +44. Maybe she needs to add the 1 before your number ?

It's highly likely this is the problem as I've encountered it before.

OP does the sender get charged for the SMS? Does it show as sent on their phone?

sgu_banner.gif

Hot tip, use whatsapp messenger, its free. good for 30 messages to and back a day.
only free for a year if you're on Android, then you pay.

Using Whatsapp messenger now it works about 98% of the time and free so it's good.

Still not able to receive sms from her or any of her relatives.

We can still skype so it's all good.

Thank You for all the imput