Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Anyone know of a good DVD or PC based Interactive Thai language Course?

Hoff

:Greetings9:

Hi does anyone know of or has used a DVD or PC based Interactive Thai language course? I have trawled the internet but cannot find a suitable one, I have heard of a Rosette Stone one but cannot find any good info on it or reviews any recommendations or info would be much appreciated!

:Chokdee:

Hoffmiester :Circle_Sharks:

I have used Rosetta Stone for Spanish and German and found them to be very intuitive and easy to use. I can recommend them highly! If they do Thai it would certainly be worth checking out!

I recently started a whiskey diet......I've lost three days already!

Hello,

Unfortunately the Totale version of Rosetta Stone does not offer Thai as a language choice anymore. I was looking for it too. I settled for this one, it is ok, but kind of simple. Instant Immersion Thai Level 1.

I picked it up on Amazon in the US. Hope this helps a little, sorry about the Rosetta Stone, I even looked on ebay and could not find a used Rosetta Stone Thai.

If you like Rosetta stone try L lingo Thai,

http://www.l-lingo.com/en/learn-thai/

This is a great vocabulary building tool which is very similar to Rosetta Stone. It uses exactly the same total immersion and picture quiz techniques. As a bonus they also include some basic grammar lesson at the beginning of each unit. This is a better tool than Rosetta for learning thai.

I am currently using the PC version but there are also Iphone and Android apps. There is also a free trial you can sign up to. This is a great introduction to the Thai language.

Edited by Lucky Misfit

I'm here for a fun time not a long time!  

I have purchased a lot of thai language programs over the last 5 years , the best to date has been anything that is portable ie , i phone or i pad , learn thai for biginners by benjawan poomsan becker on my i pad has been the best . Even though i had the same app on my iphone it is so much better on the i pad , i also purchased some of her dvds, the best one was called thai for biginners dvd 1 it just shows real situations first at real speed and the it is slowed down so you absorb the vocab , the are plenty of free apps on i tunes i just downloaded them al then worked out which one is best for me , frequency in practice was the biggest draw back in using dvds , happy travels

Rosetta Stone did get rid of Thai. Do you know if you'd rather have a program that teaches you Thai in English or uses only Thai? I'm using LTP (Learn Thai Podcast) right now and I love it. It's actually fun. I personally do every lesson set twice so everything really sinks in. The second time around you can (IMO) tell how good it is. Also, they offer both Thai/English and Thai only!

Good free/intro program as well:

http://learn-thai-podcast.com/300words/category/all-top-300-thai-words-lessons/page/2/

• 2 weeks later...

If you like Rosetta stone try L lingo Thai,

http://www.l-lingo.com/en/learn-thai/

This is a great vocabulary building tool which is very similar to Rosetta Stone. It uses exactly the same total immersion and picture quiz techniques. As a bonus they also include some basic grammar lesson at the beginning of each unit. This is a better tool than Rosetta for learning thai.

I am currently using the PC version but there are also Iphone and Android apps. There is also a free trial you can sign up to. This is a great introduction to the Thai language.

The App version is SO much cheaper, do you know what the diffrences are from the main Desktop Software?

I asked for a copy of the Rosetta Stone Thai course in one of the software stalls in Tukcom and the guy pulled one from the display. So I guess they are readily available. Obviously a copy, but it seems to work!

I recently started a whiskey diet......I've lost three days already!

• 1 month later...

:Greetings9:

Thanks guys for all the info and help in the end I purchased a Pimsleur CD Thai Course 1 and 2 which is a bit basic but a good tool to use whilst driving! It seems to have worked well for me and and I am practising my Thai on my Thai friends back here at home who say that I talk like a posh Bangkok Banker lol!

The Thai presenters are very clear and the conversation pieces at the end of each section are very good! I will though looked at the L lingo course as well!

Thanks again guys

:Chokdee:

Hoffmiester :Circle_Sharks: