IGNORED

Number plates

yorkshireman

Hi Folks,

Can anyone confirm the information i have been given with regards to number plates.

I have a new car on red plates( bought in Bangkok) and i now have the blue registration book and

new number but no white plates. I thought the showroom would post on my new plates with the book

but my wife and her brother tell me that the plates come from the office where the car is registered which is chonburi and i have to wait. So i have the tax disc on the car window and red plates which i have been told i have to leave on till i recieve the new plates. Any info apreaciated pete...

Your wife is correct & sometimes can take a long time to get your new plates

Thanks for the reply, Believe it or not i have had the car since 23 june 2011 and got the blue book 26 june 2012 so i am used to waiting ( TIT as they say) pete

I've just been told at least 3 months wait for new plates.

Not like it used to be at Halfords. :hello09:

• 3 weeks later...

Just ordered a new car today , waiting time for the normal plates is 2 months at the moment .

Just ordered a new car today , waiting time for the normal plates is 2 months at the moment .

Same here,just got my new plates after almost 3 mounts

• 3 weeks later...

I think I waited nearly 8 months before they changed the red plates. They were posted to the dealer and I would pop in each week to see if they had arrived. I wouldn't worry about it, it will happen in it's own time.

I was given a firm date of 3rd September - only 2 months so not bad.

They didn't show up and now they say they've no idea.

I heard it was due to the factory being flooded last year - still or again?

I picture some little old guy somewhere whose cousin in government got him the exclusive manufacturing rights 50 years ago for life.

A sort of Sepp Blatter fcuk up.