IGNORED

Iphone4s blocked in U.K

thetrader

Maybe someone in the know in Thailand could help with this question?

I have an Iphones 4s that is bloked in th U.K (IMEI is blacklisted). It was reported lost but found again after a couple of weeks by which time it had been blocked by the provider. Also it was locked to the orange network originally.

I am landing 11th August BKK for 2 weeks in Patts so if I bring it with me can I use it in Thailand? Will it work? I know I might have to get it unlocked to operate on any network (if this is possible) so I can get a Thai sim in it.

Should work fine. Imei lock only works in country of origin. You will have to get it sim unlocked though

if it's yours then they can unblock it at home. Unless you've made an insurance claim of course in which case they'll want the phone or the replacement,

I had the same issue,

I got mine unlocked in Tukcom ( about 400 baht if I remember correctly )

Now works fine in Thailand ( 12call ) and in Cambodia ( metfone )

:GoldenSmile1:

Thanks for the replies, thats great. I'll bring it with me and get unlocked at Tukom. Its like having a spare Iphone 4s - very handy.

get it unlocked at tukcom whist asking them how much they will give for it..beware prices vary vastly..shop around..its a waste of time bringing it back here and iphone4 is still worth good money over there

go to www.jailbreakme.com directly from the phone.

then when Cydia is installed, download 'ultrasn0w' to unlock.

I was given an HTC phone in the UK but it was found by the person who gave it to me and it had been blocked ,I had it unlocked in Yukom for 1000 thousand baht ,I know I overpaid it works fine now in any other country but the the UK .so my point is you can unlock it to work abroad but it isn't guaranteed to to work at the country of origin if it is blacklisted

Edited by stevensonn

go to www.jailbreakme.com directly from the phone.

then when Cydia is installed, download 'ultrasn0w' to unlock.

Yes, I have Cydia installed. I didn't know you could unlock it youself. Thanks for the tip nerkensteine !

Yes, I have Cydia installed. I didn't know you could unlock it youself. Thanks for the tip nerkensteine !

Ultrasnow does not unlock a phone it only unlocks your ios which is jail breaking not unlocking.

You guys are a bit confused. Unlocking an iPhone varies by type and software version. The only way to unlock a 4s is using a gevey sim at this moment. Also NEVER upgrade the software if you ever want to unlock your iPhone.