Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

LPG Conversion - 1 Km for 1 Baht?

Edge

I went to a few places, but settled on this one because it had good write ups on another forum and seemed the most professional, plus the Lady Boss, Nun, speaks excellent English and is extremely helpful.

Her husband is too, but his English is not as good.

LINK - includes Map and Contact.

Pattaya auto gas.JPG

It's quite a big job - I dropped it off at 8.30am and got it back at 5.30pm.

Cost for my 1.6 litre Petrol injection was 25k with a 51 litre Donut underneath where the spare wheel was.

The Steel Cylinders are 2k cheaper, but I didn't want one of those in the pick up load area.

Current cost of LPG is about one third that of Gasolene and according to my rough maths and my average kms the conversion will pay for itself in a year or less.

The system is Atiker - Made in Thailand..

It automatically starts on Petrol then switches to LPG. It switches back automatically when LPG runs low, or you can switch it manually. The switch includes an LED level indicator.

I can't tell any difference driving it.

Looking forward to some CC touring.

Prices may vary by vehicle type.

Google Maps :-

PAG.JPG

PAG2.JPG

Are you going to give Mr T some competition?

Seriously though thanks for the report.

LPG kit does save a lot fuel cost and i wished Thailand had CNG instead of LPG, they are more fuel efficient and performance based.

Don't go by cheaper LPG kit and i would recommend Lando Renzi kit if that is available in Thailand. They are one of the premium brand and also go with Multipoint Sequential gas injection.

My wife is a sex object. Every time I ask for sex, she objects..

Where does the spare wheel go?

You must do a lot more driving than me as a very rough estimate puts me spending about 25k on fuel a year. It would take a lot longer for me to get value from such a conversion.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

No problem with the spare wheel as it does placed where it supposed to be but forget putting sub woofers or base tube.

Seriously though thanks for the report.

LOL - it's a Nissan Wingroad NV Queencab Pickup, so plenty of room for the driver and one passenger, but the rear bench seat is really only for children or sub 40kg TGs.

Anything else has to go in the back. For single pick ups it would be fine - if I could be bothered. :SoWhat1:

LPG kit does save a lot fuel cost and i wished Thailand had CNG instead of LPG, they are more fuel efficient and performance based.

Don't go by cheaper LPG kit and i would recommend Lando Renzi kit if that is available in Thailand. They are one of the premium brand and also go with Multipoint Sequential gas injection.

If CNG is the same as NGV then they do. It's not as readily available as LPG nor as popular but it's an option on some new cars and even cheaper at the pump.

I don't know any more than that.

I can't see a Lando Renzi presence here but I've heard of it.

Although perhaps the Atiker components are imported by Atikta Thailand (from Turkey?) I like the Made-in-Thailand tag as they are quite fussy who they let in and it does suggest good back up in the future. It seems to be well thought of here anyway.

I believe I do have the Multipoint Sequential system.

It's a 1.6 16v TwinCam engine in a lightweight body, so performance isn't bad. It seems more responsive if anything, but I haven't really tested it.

Where does the spare wheel go?

You must do a lot more driving than me as a very rough estimate puts me spending about 25k on fuel a year. It would take a lot longer for me to get value from such a conversion.

It could go behind the seats if necessary, but otherwise it would have to be mounted in the pickup bed.

Alternatively, I might look into the puncture proofing treatment option, but I heard that can be a pain when it comes to changing tyres.

Anyway, that can wait until after the body kit gets fitted and I choose the new set of alloys. :LOL2:

I don't know how your kms would compare with mine as you're only here part time yourself.

I also don't know what car you have, but with a newer on Warranty might be an issue? This is just a CC 2005 model.

My very very approximate maths suggest that I might save 2 Baht per km, or 66% on pump prices anyway.

The capital cost of 25k should add to the value of the vehicle, but even if you looked to recover all of it on fuel saving, that would be only 12,500 kms right?

I had a Fortuner for 18 months and a D-Max for 6 months and my annual kms were higher than that. I even averaged over 10,000 on scoots and 13,500 on the D-Tracker.

In this car at about 1 Baht per km I anticipate doing longer trips more often, which is why I had it fitted.

I may have to wait about 3 months for the Chonburi plates, but then I plan to show it round Cambodia. :GoldenSmile1:

No problem with the spare wheel as it does placed where it supposed to be but forget putting sub woofers or base tube.

My tinnitus suggests that it wouldn't be a good idea to turn the little cab into a big sound experience, although if I mount it in the rear bed I easily could.

I've done it in vehicles in the past and I've already fitted a half decent set up front, but if I did anything more it would probably just be a pair of rear speakers.

I should have said I have to take it up to Traffic some time to have the installation checked and a Govt permit issued (130 Baht I believe).

That's renewable every 5 years.

Can I book Mr E for a pick up at Swampy on the 25th please?

:)

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

CNG is available in Thailand, several new vehicles are available with factory fitted tanks. Although it's cheaper than LPG most cars only do about 200km on a tankful. At the moment there are not enough NGV stations hence you see some very long queues.

If CNG is the same as NGV then they do. It's not as readily available as LPG nor as popular but it's an option on some new cars and even cheaper at the pump.

I don't know any more than that.

I can't see a Lando Renzi presence here but I've heard of it.

Although perhaps the Atiker components are imported by Atikta Thailand (from Turkey?) I like the Made-in-Thailand tag as they are quite fussy who they let in and it does suggest good back up in the future. It seems to be well thought of here anyway.

I believe I do have the Multipoint Sequential system.

It's a 1.6 16v TwinCam engine in a lightweight body, so performance isn't bad. It seems more responsive if anything, but I haven't really tested it.

My tinnitus suggests that it wouldn't be a good idea to turn the little cab into a big sound experience, although if I mount it in the rear bed I easily could.

I've done it in vehicles in the past and I've already fitted a half decent set up front, but if I did anything more it would probably just be a pair of rear speakers.

Yes it is the same and it does sucks if it is limited to certain areas. CNG/NVG is cheaper, better performance & gives more miles per gallon than LPG.

I feel you about Lando Renzi and better to stick with Thai brand for the future support. As it a Sequential kit you will not compromise with the performance. Just ask any user how the car behave in rainy & winter season.

I am a high voltage freak and being said that it sucks when i enter gogo's. The sound systems in most gogo's sucks but again we not going for music i guess :Think1:. I can understand your views and keeping some decent pairs of speakers make a sense.

JBL makes Infinity range of component speakers and not so heavy on pockets but amazing sound. Get two set of those and pair it with 4 channel Amplifier and a decent player. trust me you will amaze with the quality. It won't have the sub woofer effects but crystal clear sound.

Cheers!

CNG is available in Thailand, several new vehicles are available with factory fitted tanks. Although it's cheaper than LPG most cars only do about 200km on a tankful. At the moment there are not enough NGV stations hence you see some very long queues.

That is a good news and this is much better fuel than LPG and more friendlier than LPG. But again as i said it sucks if that is limited to certain areas. If the filling pump doesn't have enough pressure than they can't fill the tank full which is bad.

You raise a good point and people should consider CNG as a option than LPG if it is going to readily available in most areas soon.

But again the future fuel is Electricity, by another 2-3 years we will see major cars will be electric. Not hybrid like Toyota puris but more advance.

i have run on lpg in the uk for over 15 years only half price runing in the uk when i move to thailand i will have a gas kit put on my car i left thailand in feb gas was about 11 bat per kg = 2lt so 6 bat per lt petrol was about 35 bat so unles there has bin a big price hike on gas lpg is the way to go ,,,,, fill up wher the taxis fill up that will always be the chepest ,,, just booked my tickets nov to jan :ThumbUp6:

That is a good news and this is much better fuel than LPG and more friendlier than LPG. But again as i said it sucks if that is limited to certain areas. If the filling pump doesn't have enough pressure than they can't fill the tank full which is bad.

You raise a good point and people should consider CNG as a option than LPG if it is going to readily available in most areas soon.

But again the future fuel is Electricity, by another 2-3 years we will see major cars will be electric. Not hybrid like Toyota puris but more advance.

I don't think it is limited to certain areas, I see it all over Thailand. It's just that it takes quite a while to fill up with CNG, the fill ups are quite frequent and there aren't enough pumps for the number of NGV's on the road.

I don't think it is limited to certain areas, I see it all over Thailand. It's just that it takes quite a while to fill up with CNG, the fill ups are quite frequent and there aren't enough pumps for the number of NGV's on the road.

Then i would say why go for LPG? Even with a bit hassle (as of now) NVG/CNG should be the preferred fuel.

I hope BM take your advice as it is for their benefit.

The problem with CNG is the limited range (most vehicles do around 200km on a tank), the long queues at CNG stations and the length of time it takes to fill up (5 minutes +).

I get the point and i think the problem must be with the low pressure in filling stations.

If you have a NVG/CNG car try to fill in the early morning and see is their any change in filling time and the quantity of CNG filled.

I hate queues!

The most CNG tank has a water filling capacity of 60litres, whereas the LPG is only 28litres. The difference lies in the measurement. Cng is measured in terms of KGs whereas lpg is in litres. So, assuming one tank of CNG holds 60litres of Cng, its equivalent weight will only be12-14kgs at max. Thats why the LPG seems to hold more fuel.

EVs will be big in the future. Especially if they can be supplimented with CNG when the batts get low.

Modern EV will have only electric engine and they will be efficient enough to recharge on move. Time for Eco friendly. Tesla way ahead!

The problem with CNG is the limited range (most vehicles do around 200km on a tank), the long queues at CNG stations and the length of time it takes to fill up (5 minutes +).

I get the point and i think the problem must be with the low pressure in filling stations.

If you have a NVG/CNG car try to fill in the early morning and see is their any change in filling time and the quantity of CNG filled.

I hate queues!

I just asked Nun at Pattaya Auto Gas.

They do both LPG and CNG conversions and the cost is the same.

She said that less than 10% of their business is CNG.

The reasons, as GoGo said, are slow fill up, not many gas stations and therefore long queues.

She also said that although CNG is about 10% cheaper, the perception, right or wrong, is that it is more dangerous than LPG.

I don't know whether they're right or wrong, but it doesn't matter. If that's what they think then that's how it is. :Think1:

Generally LPG kit is cheaper than CNG

That because as GoGo said slow fill up, not many gas stations and therefore long queues

She also said that although CNG is about 10% cheaper, the perception, right or wrong, is that it is more dangerous than LPG.

I don't know whether they're right or wrong, but it doesn't matter. If that's what they think then that's how it is. :Think1:

CNG is cheaper and runs more miles than LPG. As per my knowledge CNG is much safer but may be different part different standards.

CNG has a greater part of Hydrogen and is therefore lighter than air (this attribute in fact makes CNG very safe: once there is a leak in the system, the gas will simply be released to the atmosphere). LPG on the other hand, is twice as heavy as air. This gas is usually a by-product which accumulates from the oil drilling as well as the refinement of oil.

The reasons, as GoGo said, are slow fill up, not many gas stations and therefore long queues.

Maybe because CNG is stored at a much higher pressure than LPG it is perceived as more dangerous? Certainly there have been a few CNG explosions because a tank only rated for LPG pressures has been wrongly installed. From what I can work out in a medium sized car CNG is about B0.7/km, LPG about B1/km, gasohol 91 B3/km.

Went up to Traffic today to get the installation checked and my Licence issued, which is attached to the Blue Book.

I was there for about 2 hours. The actual test took about 10 minutes and the rest was getting the paperwork sorted and the book back.

I think that's it for 5 years as far as Traffic is concerned. Cost 105 Baht.

Great job and nothing better than having stuff legal & authentic.

Peace of mind!

Long time since i looked in to this,

U use more cng per km/mile compared to LPG (25-40% more) Hence fewer miles on a tank

CNG uses bigger injector nozzles hence not interchangable with LPG

LPG is stored in liqued form at high pressure and needs a low pressure vaporator.(True for CNG?)

CNG is more readily availible in Asia compared to LPG.