IGNORED

Rent a notebook

seth

I will be in Pattaya the month of November.

Where can I rent a notebook/laptop for a month at a reasonable price.

I need wi-fi and dvd player on it.

I have one in the usa, but don't want to drag it over there.

I want to keep it in my room.

Thanks

Seth

Wichita, Kansas USA

I will be in Pattaya the month of November.

Where can I rent a notebook/laptop for a month at a reasonable price.

I need wi-fi and dvd player on it.

I have one in the usa, but don't want to drag it over there.

I want to keep it in my room.

Thanks

Seth

Wichita, Kansas USA

I took mine with me. All i did was put it in my hand lugage back pack and the electrical cord in the suitcase, no hasstle. Plus i would'nt trust the security of any laptop rented over there either you'll have them going through it once you have gone for any personal stuff i would think.

• 1 month later...

I think it onlikely that you will be able to rent a new laptop and make it cost effective.

If you are happy to use a second hand model, what you could do is to go to TUKCOM in Pattaya and work out a deal with someone there(3rd floor). In other words, buy a second hand model and agree a buyback price after one month.

You'll probably need to purchase a WiFi card or USB dongle for around 700 baht. I reckon you would be looking at 2500 to 3000 baht in total costs.

I know of at least one trustworthy person selling second laptops who is sure to stick to any agreement. If you want to go down this route, I'll see if I can find his card.

The usual downside with second hand laptops is poor battery life. But if you are using it in your room, that won't be a problem.

Pop upstairs afterwards if you want to evaluate any software before purchasing it. He will happily install it for you.

I'm also sure that he won't have a problem with you completely wiping the HDD on handing the laptop back.

Yes, I know that shop. Quite friendly. 200 baht for repairs? That seems reasonable. :P

I remember looking at their laptops when looking for something to use on my visit. Ended up buying a new one upstairs at IT City and a second hand model from another shop on the third floor. So, I haven't tried their service.

Nice website.