IGNORED

Help with Thai script for tattoo idea

Siam Sam

Can someone who knows Thai script help me to translate one sentence in English into Thai script for a tattoo I want to get? If you are confident that you could translate what I want perfectly (obviously I don't want any mistake as it is form a tattoo) then can you let me know and will PM you with what I want translated?

Big Brother is watching you. - George Orwell
Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry. - Jack Kerouac
Find what you love and let it kill you. - Charles Bukowski 
Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. - Confucius 
I wish I could show you when you are alone or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. - Hafiz of Shiraz
You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. - Friedrich Nietzsche 
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire 
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde
The general public doesn't know what's happening, and it doesn't even know that it doesn't know. - Noam Chomsky
What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens 

"Up to me" since 2005

Here's your translation:

ของเล่นของเมียฉัน

Which means what? I haven't told you what I want translated!

Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant
I wish I could show you when you are alone or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. - Hafiz of Shiraz
You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. - Friedrich Nietzsche 
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire 
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde
The general public doesn't know what's happening, and it doesn't even know that it doesn't know. - Noam Chomsky
What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens 

"Up to me" since 2005

LOL

I don't know what it is you want translated, but I'd be very careful with any reply you're gonna get.

When translating something into Thai that's even a bit beyond the basics, most foreigners (myself included) can come up with something that isn't complete nonsense, but more often than not it just won't be the way a Thai would say it.

I would double check any translation with a native speaker before getting inked.

ขออภัยในความไม่สะดวก กูเกิลทรานสเลทไม่สามารถแปลข้อมูลนี้ได้ 

Which means what? I haven't told you what I want translated!

Oops, maybe you should tell me what you want translated first :GoldenSmile1:

I would ask at least three different people to write it down while you are there and then compare them first, tattoos are permanent after all

she asked "do you lub me?" i replied "i lub fucking you!"

i got chok dee tattooed. Just asked the guy at the tattoo shop. Was a little nervous that it may have been something else but it has been confirmed by several people.

funny story here in Australia a couple of years ago. These guys had a bit of an argument, then calmed down. Then one guy said to the other let me tattoo your back.

The guy let him do it. Another bloke was watching on and told him it looked good. Once finished they told him to go home and keep it covered for a couple of days.

He went home and showed his flatmate. She said 'um, I don't think it is what you wanted'. The guy had drawn a big dick on his back.

The guy who drew the tattoo got charged for assault. Still think he was a fool for letting his mate tattoo him after an argument.

Sounds like an old wives tale but here is the link to it. :)

http://www.qt.com.au...ctim-facing-hu/

Edited by Mognam

LOL

I don't know what it is you want translated, but I'd be very careful with any reply you're gonna get.

When translating something into Thai that's even a bit beyond the basics, most foreigners (myself included) can come up with something that isn't complete nonsense, but more often than not it just won't be the way a Thai would say it.

I would double check any translation with a native speaker before getting inked.

Exactly what I'm going to do.

Oops, maybe you should tell me what you want translated first :GoldenSmile1:

Yeah it would help. :laugh: What did that say though, out of interest?

send me what you want translated, then confirm it on here

Cheers Bryan. I will PM you.

I would ask at least three different people to write it down while you are there and then compare them first, tattoos are permanent after all

Oh don't worry, I will. I'm not taking any chances with this.

i got chok dee tattooed. Just asked the guy at the tattoo shop. Was a little nervous that it may have been something else but it has been confirmed by several people.

funny story here in Australia a couple of years ago. These guys had a bit of an argument, then calmed down. Then one guy said to the other let me tattoo your back.

The guy let him do it. Another bloke was watching on and told him it looked good. Once finished they told him to go home and keep it covered for a couple of days.

He went home and showed his flatmate. She said 'um, I don't think it is what you wanted'. The guy had drawn a big dick on his back.

The guy who drew the tattoo got charged for assault. Still think he was a fool for letting his mate tattoo him after an argument.

Sounds like an old wives tale but here is the link to it. :)

http://www.qt.com.au...ctim-facing-hu/

Quality. :LMFAO:

"Up to me" since 2005

Well ของเล่น means 'toy' or more literally, 'play thing' and ของเมียฉัน means 'of my wife', so it pretty much means 'meaningless property of my wife' - I saw it on a farang in Pattaya and I wondered if somebody tricked him into tattooing it or it was actually his intention.

In all seriousness, I would question why you would want to get a tattoo in a language that you have such little understanding of...but to each its own.

I would definitely get a Thai native with a good grasp of English to confirm what you want...a lot of the translations you would get from here are going to be too formalized to be genuine. I'm finding that Thais here don't speak anything like most Thai language books/materials seem to think.

In all seriousness, I would question why you would want to get a tattoo in a language that you have such little understanding of...but to each its own.

I'll tell you why. Because Thai script looks much more attractive and aesthetic than the English alphabet. Not to mention the fact I love Thailand, have a Thai wife and go there on holiday a lot. Makes perfect sense to me.

"Up to me" since 2005

Can't your wife help you ?

Yes but I didn't think her English would be good enough so I got her to use the Thai/English dictionary to check to see if the translation I have had given to me is correct. She says it is but there is a better way of translating it by using a better selection of words. She has translated an alternative version that we are waiting to have checked by a Thai friend who is living in England while she studies to be a doctor.

"Up to me" since 2005

Here's your translation:

ของเล่นของเมียฉัน

aaaaahhhhh hahahah