Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

The new Airport still has problems

Guest Q

BKK post link to it

I have been through it 4 times now and can understand the section about catering facilities in the terminal. When i went up the other week with the girl there was next to no choice. I am far from a Mc Donlads fan but at least the old airport had all those options on the side before you go through passport control.

I can't complain about airside as everything through there is spot on as far as i can see.

Are they still having problems with luggage?

Last time I flew home (January this year) half the flights luggage didn't make it onto the flight. Thing that pissed me off is they had 9 hours or so to figure it out but instead, we where all left waiting for luggage at our destination and when it stopped coming out, they then put out over the tannoy a message saying we had to go to some luggage counter to fill in details - major que and took 3 hours to get out of the airport. If they had sent a list through and let us know as soon as we landed could've been sorted in about 45 minutes.

BKK post link to it

I have been through it 4 times now and can understand the section about catering facilities in the terminal. When i went up the other week with the girl there was next to no choice. I am far from a Mc Donlads fan but at least the old airport had all those options on the side before you go through passport control.

I can't complain about airside as everything through there is spot on as far as i can see.

I agree with the lack of places to eat on the outside, Only 2 resturants, IMO way to much money for the food.

And with the road work going on between BKK and Pattaya it takes longer to get to the new airport than it did to get to the old one. One can only hope this well be finished soon.

Yep I agree here. Once inside the airport it has plenty of good facilities but b4 passport controll it is crap.

When I left for england last time my GF came with me to see me off and we had some time to kill so decided to get some food and it was a poor selection.

I reacon it is because they are catering for all the transit passengers who probably out number the ones travelling from thailand. that dosent help us though.

Also those road works are a pain in the ass and seem to have been going on for ages.

Not so much of a problem when you are traveling to pattaya at the start of your holiday but when you have the end of holiday blues and have to do the sad journey back to BKK it is a real pain.

Cheers Mick