IGNORED

R-con Blue Ocean, Pattaya

angsta

Is this place even open yet? I can't find any reviews but the photos look ok.

It's open but beware the noise from the Beer Bar right next to it.

I'm sure I remember seeing it in some state of build in February when I was in town and the Agoda pictures show the beer bars but it isn't very clear how close they are.

To be honest i'll be awake when the beer bars are open I guess.

I'm sure I remember seeing it in some state of build in February when I was in town and the agoda pictures show the beer bars but it isn't very clear how close they are.

To be honest i'll be awake when the beer bars are open I guess.

The beer bar is close enough that if you had a long plank you could walk across it right in to the 2 nd level. Yes not just one level but 2 beer bar levels. Just to make it more interesting every bar had its own music and not just one sound system. You can see where that goes then.

I stayed here in April, forget about getting to sleep any night before at least 2am - 2.30am. The room was literally vibrating. The price at 800bt was good but it is not worth more money due to the noise issue.

The pool was not that clean so I did not bother with it also. The rooms are nice and modern and everything was clean and secure. The noise is the problem.

Edited by Winthorp

Stayed there in May.

Pros:

New

Hip, modern rooms - flat screen, safe, balcony

Glass walls bathroom, you can watch the girl shower! Or lower the curtain if you prefer privacy.

Cheap - I think it was around 700-800

Pool - I never used it, but it's there

Location - in the middle of everything on soi Boakaw

Cons:

Noise - Beer Bar Complexes on each side of the hotel.

Loud music and flashing lights. You won't get any sleep until the bars close at 2.

No inroom wi-fi (I think this might be fixed by now)

I stayed on the top floor and it was still really loud. It didn't bother me though since I never went to sleep before 2 anyway. So, if you're an early or light sleeper, this place is not for you, but if you stay up late it won't be an issue.

Overall, value for money minus the noise factor.

Cheers boys, the noise factor will not be an issue for me. If i'm in bed before 2 the noise will be the last thing on my mind. I just hadn't seen a review so... I hope the pool is clean now.

Many thanks.

Oh, just one more thing. How did you book this place?

Cheers boys, the noise factor will not be an issue for me. If i'm in bed before 2 the noise will be the last thing on my mind. I just hadn't seen a review so... I hope the pool is clean now.

Many thanks.

Oh, just one more thing. How did you book this place?

I just walked in. It's an 8 story building so they have lots of rooms. The front desk girl remembered me from the original R-Con (where she worked at the bar before) so hooked me up with a top floor room or so she said :LOL2:

If you really want to prebook, just call them

I had free wifi in the room when I stayed there in April, I stayed in the green "Moon Wrasse" rooms. I just walked in and paid for the first few 3 days and then once I was happy there I paid every 3 days. The receptionist was friendly and I always ensured they took my TG's ID before we headed up to the room. I think I read somewhere recently that they are charging for wifi there now.

I just walked in. It's an 8 story building so they have lots of rooms. The front desk girl remembered me from the original R-Con (where she worked at the bar before) so hooked me up with a top floor room or so she said :LOL2:

If you really want to prebook, just call them

Front desk girl-was it Jit by any chance?

Front desk girl-was it Jit by any chance?

Don't remember her name..she's the older, chubbier one

• 11 years later...