Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Bought Sim card on E-bay...Advice needed.

Hi Guys...I bought a sim card on e-bay with a card for 500 Baht credit as well on the Happy network. The sim has already been used. I have some questions please.

Can I activate this in UK before I leave. I have an unlocked iphone 3gs

If I have to activate in Pattaya is it just a matter of changing sims and away I go?

The phone number I was given is +66 9055***** What will my number be in Pattaya when I want to give it to a girl?

Thanks Guys.

Never heard of a number beginning with 09 except in cambodia.

I have a happy and it is activated for 1 yr but does not have roaming. I also have a Ais which swiches off after 1 month and has to be taken to agent to get reactivated.

Yours will depend on what plan it is on. To be honest you should have waited until you get to Thailand/Pattaya sim cards are very cheap if not free. If you travel with Etihad they give you a free one as you leave the plane. I don't think Happy is detac so there will be no GPRS data available, but this may have changed now.

If you have an unlocked phone you can put it into it now and try it out. you say it is used so it has already been activated. In Canada I was able to receive text messages and also top up the phone as well. Your number in Pattaya will be without the +66 and a 0 instead so 09055****.

If the card has already been used then it will already have been activated.

My advise is to dump the SIM card completely for the simple reason of do you know exactly what it was used for prior to you buying it. People have gone to jail simply from an SMS making derogatory references to the, not wanting to break rule 1, the monarchy and being tracked down easily by the police.

They cost stuff all to get a new SIM card so why bother with a second hand card with an unknown history bought from eBay!

you would be better waiting till you get to patts

go to tuk com give them your iphone and they will set you up with

a sim card and package to suit

And on the sixth day God Created Bobby Moore

The other thing is credit is sometimes time dependent, if you don't use the phone for a certain time you lose the credit.

So 500 bht may now be 0.

I tend to text more, I pay 100bht and get 120 texts. I struggle to understand TG speaking on a phone.