IGNORED

Tea Bags

I am having trouble getting good tea bage at the moment and are paying through the nose for Imported English Tetley etc.

Anyone know where in Pattaya I can get some of good quality.

(not Liptons ).

Cheers

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

Darn I wish this was in the Soapbox :unsure:

Did you try Friendship supermarket ?

I bring PG tips with me... Gotta have a decent cuppa in the morning...

"I have passed blamelessly through life doing nought but good deeds, and I am beloved by all whose path I have crossed. It is beyond comprehension that anyone could nurture in their hearts hostile feelings for me." Genevive Dieudonne. Vampire. ("Anno Dracula" by Kim Newman)

Just incase u lot dont know Daveo owns the canterbury tales, he is looking for bulk i guess

Just incase u lot dont know Daveo owns the canterbury tales, he is looking for bulk i guess

Bulk teabaggings can be found in Boyztown, u should know that Bryan :Chokdee3:

or you could try here : http://www.kpkfoods.com/

I've visited the KPK shop off Pataya Klang (Soi Yume) and mentioned before that the Thai assistant was rude, unknowlegeable, and dimissive with no interest in serving me at all.

It was also expensive.

On the other hand, they had crisps, good tea, a small selection of butchery stuff (which they were reluctant to discuss) and pots of British condements and a neighbour of mine finds them very helpful so ya takes your pick.

Edited by Chris Pattaya

*WARNING. The above statement was prepared in a factory that uses irony. It may contain irony. It cannot be guaranteed as irony free. Readers with an adverse reaction to irony or irony based products should consume a pinch of salt before reading. Readers who have are known irony-deficient should seek professional help before continuing*

'I'd like to congratulate Chris Pattaya on being the smuggest cnut ever shat into God's creation', Unknown Mango Sauce contributer.

I think it would be a good idea for someone to open up an "ex pat" shop. There's two in Holland, in fact all over the world and i know they do well. Ok they will be expensive but i think you would get the custom for it in Pattaya, you wont be a millionaire but you'd certainaly have a good enough lifestyle.

I am having trouble getting good tea bage at the moment and are paying through the nose for Imported English Tetley etc.

(not Liptons ).

Cheers

Dave this is not gonna be of any help to you but just to say I'm in the same situation (Ace Cafe). I have to get mates bringing me catering packs of Tetley and PG every time they come over because the supply here has dried up. I used to get 'em bulk from Big Joes but they've stopped.

What really bugs me is you can still get these Tesco Lotus tea bags up country, but not here! Effin crazy! I asked Customer Services here why I could buy these in Nong Khai but not here but I may as well have been speaking to a Martian.

Maybe Martin up at the Meeting Place could start up a "Tea-Run?"

Sept.jpg

Ok so I thought after posting the above reply I'd take this a bit further. Banged an email out to www.tescolotus.com "contact us" and asked them the same question as the one posed to my local branch customer services. Lo and behold, a few hours later I get a phone call, not from Head Office but from Khun Saravadee, Assistant Manager of the Tesco Lotus nearest me ie. South Pattaya. She said yes, they do stock Tesco tea bags, and told me exactly which shelf on which aisle they were on!

And here they are! Different packaging from the ones I got in Nong Khai, and to be honest not exactly the same taste but as far as I'm concerned they're stronger than Liptons and will definitely do as a substitute if I ever run out of Tetley! 125 baht for 100 bags.

BIG thank you to Tesco Lotus Customer services...... great work.

Sept_003.jpg

Sept_004.jpg

Edited by spicymartin

Tesco tea bags

Fantastic!

I used to buy the red-pack ones a year or so ago when they had a delivery in but it was onlya one-off. When I asked the Brit general manager about it (I'd bumped into him out and about one night) he told me he was desperate for them too.

The Topps black tea are ok as well, or at least better than bloody Liptons.

Which reminds me, Liptons and PG are the same company (you can get Lipton pyramid bags sometimes) so why is Lipton tea so bad?

*WARNING. The above statement was prepared in a factory that uses irony. It may contain irony. It cannot be guaranteed as irony free. Readers with an adverse reaction to irony or irony based products should consume a pinch of salt before reading. Readers who have are known irony-deficient should seek professional help before continuing*

'I'd like to congratulate Chris Pattaya on being the smuggest cnut ever shat into God's creation', Unknown Mango Sauce contributer.

Tesco tea bags

Fantastic!

I used to buy the red-pack ones a year or so ago when they had a delivery in but it was onlya one-off. When I asked the Brit general manager about it (I'd bumped into him out and about one night) he told me he was desperate for them too.

The Topps black tea are ok as well, or at least better than bloody Liptons.

Which reminds me, Liptons and PG are the same company (you can get Lipton pyramid bags sometimes) so why is Lipton tea so bad?

Thanks for the info as I write the missus is off to Tesco on a mission to get some. Cheers.

Bulk teabaggings can be found in Boyztown, u should know that Bryan :Bravo1:

or you could try here : http://www.kpkfoods.com/

I was wondering how many post down it took for a teabagging response haha :D

The Difference between a Western women and a Thai Women

you say. “Can I buy you a cup of coffee?†sounds to a western woman something like “How about a threesome with you and your sister?â€

Where as in Thailand, if you ask a woman “How about a threesome with you and your sister?†her probable response will be “Sure but can you buy us a cup of coffee first?â€

(not Liptons ).

Cheers

Hi Dave

I'm glad you don't want liptons teabags I find them awful. I'm happy to bring you some of the tesco teabags from UK in exchange for one of your famous breakfasts!!

Hi Dave

I'm glad you don't want liptons teabags I find them awful. I'm happy to bring you some of the tesco teabags from UK in exchange for one of your famous breakfasts!!

vboy you can get Tesco tea bags here. I'm sure Dave would love for you to bring him a catering bag of Tetley or PG Tips...... and if he doesn't I do! Send 'im a PM. And if he doesn't answer I'll do a trade for one of the Ace Cafe's famous breakfasts!

vboy you can get Tesco tea bags here. I'm sure Dave would love for you to bring him a catering bag of Tetley or PG Tips...... and if he doesn't I do! Send 'im a PM. And if he doesn't answer I'll do a trade for one of the Ace Cafe's famous breakfasts!

I'm not sure I'll be able to bring more than 200 son!! I've got quite a lot of stuff to bring this time. I've also got to bring some marmite for a mate.

He reckons you can't get it in Thailand. Bet you can just expensive...... The other thing he wants me to bring is coffee filters - he reckons their expensive in Thailand.

• 2 weeks later...

my suit case is already full, otherwise i would bring some out, 99p for 100 typhoo or tetly in the 99p shop, ask any one with room to bring a load, i have already got 15 kilos of hp and 3.5 kilos of oxo in my bag, i nead wats left for cloths :D

, i nead wats left for cloths :P

Dear God man.

Don't abandon the English language just for a cup of tea and an Oxo cube.

It's worth more than that.

If enough of us here lobby the Manageress at Foodland, she will gladly oblige us as long as there is profit in it. If she gets a couple of hundred written requests for PG Tips, OXO cubes etc it can be reserved for the people requesting. If we don't ask we don't get.

All the girls on Soi 6 will let you "Tea Bag" them....Oops wrong topic. Sorry. :unsure:

" Duct tape turns, "No...No...No..." into "Mmmm Mmmmm Mmmmm" - Anon

On that note, if anyone can bring some Tetley tea bags & or bisto gravy powder out for me I will of course reimberse you as well as a thank you of a breakfast or a bottle of Stella Artois.

As for how many, well as many as you can please.

Cheers Dave.

(not Liptons ).

Cheers

It appears you are also having problems getting real HP sauce as well here is a picture so you remember what the real stuff looks like post-11229-1193194340_thumbjpg

As a matter of interest what have you been refilling your bottles with up to now? It tastes rancid is it your own recipie ?

regards

It appears you are also having problems getting real HP sauce as well here is a picture so you remember what the real stuff looks like hp.jpg

As a matter of interest what have you been refilling your bottles with up to now? It tastes rancid is it your own recipie ?

regards

Maybe your taste buds need bleaching. :Bravo1:

friendship sells pg tips but over 500 baht for 80

My point precicely. :P

friendship sells pg tips but over 500 baht for 80

My point exactly. :P