Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Getting a cheap phone

Not the most interesting topic, but I'm going to be in Pattaya for a week, and would like to get a mobile phone to carry around with me. What is the cheapest solution?? and about how much money is it?

Not the most interesting topic, but I'm going to be in Pattaya for a week, and would like to get a mobile phone to carry around with me. What is the cheapest solution?? and about how much money is it?

why not try a little search :GoldenSmile1:

Tukcom and Big C have some cheap, basic Nokia or copy phones for 800 baht or less. The other day I saw a Thai girl on the baht bus take out the smallest phone I have ever seen but looked very basic, I imagine it wouldn't be too expensive. I think you can rent one at the airport as well but doesn't seem worth it.

There are many a traveller in the bars holding the 890Baht Nokia special.

Head up the elevator at Tukcom and it's a mobile phone buyers heaven.

It won't take you long to find the 890Baht phone.

Nokia is always a sturdy and reliable phone for a monger.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

hundreds if not thousands of options at tukcom, im running a 900 baht samsung thats 2 years old, basic but bulletproof, has camera and bluetooth and dismal wifi, might upgrade soon to something a little better so dont have to pull out my iphone for wifi but its been awesome,

if you are not sure about the authenticity of a product check the charger........the name wont match the manufacturer or the name will be missing.

some of the knock offs are fine but generally the operating systems are pretty slow and jerky

she asked "do you lub me?" i replied "i lub fucking you!"

i got a great LG touchscreen phone on ebay for 30 bucks. I use it every time i go abroad. Just get a local simcard with some credit and pop it in. You can hold on to your simcards and recharge them when you return to the country. ***The phone must be unlocked

where exactly is tukcom? tried to search but couldnt find it

Tuk com....south pattaya road.....i go there every trip to get a cheap phone, my last 1 was a 600 baht samsung......never let me down once

Nokia 100 is 850 baht at Tesco Lotus. I got one the other day and it's a great el cheapo phone.

I will have to check it out. I have had good luck with Nokia when in Asia. Thanks for the thread I was also wondering about phones when I go. I didnt have on last trip and made it hard to meet up with a BG I wanted to meet in the day time.

Besides the local Tukcom option there is always your own country option to pick a cheap reliable phone.

I know that Duty Free departures here sell a basic Nokia for $25AUD/B750 and having had one of these last trip it never let me down.

Just do a little local and international research.

Everywhere u get phones for cheap around 800to 1000B.

Enjoy

Good Idea Exupery, the best thing you can do is get a phone while you are there the phone will pay for itself, saving on BF's and LD's, you walk around all day collecting #'s, what I try to do to remember them is when I save a girls # in my phone, take a photo of the girl also w/ either your smartphone from home or w/ the phone you purchased in LOS, you will end up w/ so many #'s that it is very easy to forget the girls who's #'s you collect. Having a phone makes it easier to connect w/ the girls who don't normally "boom-boom" for baht e.g. girl's that work in the mall, movie theatres, bowling alley, restaraunts, hotel's, 7-11/family marts, massage parlors, street vendors did I forget something? shit you might even bang the chick who you buy your phone from.