IGNORED

Problem With Internet Explorer: Advice Needed

Sexyfarangman

Every time I try to log into IE, a message pops up stating that the application is not able to start correctly. I thought I could remove IE altogether and then reinstall it, but it doesn't show up in my installed programs. IE does show up in under program files, but I can't delete it because a message pops up stating that special permission is needed. Has anyone had this problem?

Have you tried going to 'Tools'....Internet Options' and then to the Advanced tab and hit the reset button? That may resolve the problem. If it won't start at all and you are trying to uninstall it you may need to be logged onto your 'puter as Administrator.

Regards,

FlipperSoi8

Edited by FlipperSoi8

The below link has a few suggestions. A typical question is what happened between the time the application was working correctly and the problem? Download? Visit untrusted site? System change? Application install?

Depending on your version of Windows you may be able to restore to a point in time before the problem occurred (save your important data off the computer before doing this, ie to dropbox, external drive, etc). A utility such as CCleaner may also help. IE is an integral part of Windows so this may be a Windows problem.

http://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ie=UTF-8#hl=en&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=Internet%20Explorer%20is%20unable%20start%20correctly&oq=&gs_l=&pbx=1&fp=82e35512e7715d95&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1068&bih=867

You may be able to drop down to an earlier version of IE via Control Panel. Look under 'View Installed Updates'. Then reinstall the version that you want from the Microsoft site.

I got tired of all the issues associated with IE so i use Google Chrome and Firefox.

This site works well with Firefox and chrome.

Here is my advice. Don't use IE. As above poster stated, go with Firefox or Chrome.

You may be able to drop down to an earlier version of IE via Control Panel. Look under 'View Installed Updates'. Then reinstall the version that you want from the Microsoft site.

I got tired of all the issues associated with IE so i use Google Chrome and Firefox.

This site works well with Firefox and chrome.

Good points. I've downgraded to get to a less fluffy version and don't use IE unless a site requires it for full functionality, ie some govt and business sites. I also decline IE upgrades without good reason. Protection from malware is a good reason but I use updated Google Chrome for almost all web viewing. For browsing safety, that should be about as good as one can get, combined with updated antivirus, firewall, security patches, etc.

Edited by CyberPro

I swear by Opera... Used it for years..... IE is shite

Posted Image

Here is my advice. Don't use IE. As above poster stated, go with Firefox or Chrome.

The problem I'm having with Firefox is that e mail attachments to my work's e mail system can't be opened using my PC. Also, it won't allow attaching files to e mails being sent. I didn't have that problem with IE. However, I am able to send and open files with Chrome, so I guess the problem is sort of solved.

• 3 weeks later...

As somebody suggested, would tend not to use IE. Don't like how it works and that it is integrated into Windows. It also keeps track of your browsing (even after you have deleted the history) and you need to use something like CCleaner to delete the scattered (and difficult to erase) files concerned with that, which it creates. Chrome is better. it's easy to see where browsed items are being put, and it is also easy to uninstall it and all your browsing history if you wish to.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, IE is a memory hog from before. I would agree with all to use Firefox or Chrome but I prefer Firefox first. Seems like Chrome still has some security issues and not enough options in my opinion. It seems faster but for me it opens up too many tasks in my task manager so I prefer Firefox still.

Yes, IE is a memory hog from before. I would agree with all to use Firefox or Chrome but I prefer Firefox first. Seems like Chrome still has some security issues and not enough options in my opinion. It seems faster but for me it opens up too many tasks in my task manager so I prefer Firefox still.

IE has way more security issues then chrome.... there are already companies that drop development for IE altogether because it is 'off' the 'official specs' of the internet consortium (not an accurate statement, but easier to describe this way :) ) and the reason alone that it is attached to the os is a major security risk.

chrome spawns alot of processes for security and better rendering of pages (so 1 tab wont interfere with the other) .. since its an open source project you can see the architecture here - http://www.chromium.org/developers/design-documents/multi-process-architecture

i am also a firefox fan, but thats because i grew up with it. i usually find myself opening up both chrome and firefox, todo different stuff (ie. chromium for linux doesn't support webgl on my system, firefox does or the opposite chromium plays html5 hd youtube perfect, firefox hangs)

but to the topic, IE should only be used when you can't install chrome or firefox, that solves any IE problems :)

My problem with IE is not the same as yours but in some ways more annoying. There are a number of pattaya based forums that will not load. I can log in, the home page comes up but no content is shown on the page.

I gave up and downloaded Chrome which has no difficulties at all so use Chrome now.

• 2 weeks later...

My problem with IE is not the same as yours but in some ways more annoying. There are a number of pattaya based forums that will not load. I can log in, the home page comes up but no content is shown on the page.

I gave up and downloaded Chrome which has no difficulties at all so use Chrome now.

Well done Biggles... Microsoft (IE) is not always the best

Thailand Airsoft The website is for sale. I am starting up a new Bitcoin project and need development funds... The Airsoft Site is being sold for 800,000 THB

Reformat your hard drive.

To do this you need a copy of your recovery disk or similar.

If you dont have it buy new copy of Windows and pay attention if you have 32 or 64 bits and install anew.

Sometimes command Restore will help, its sitting in your accessories.