IGNORED

The Official Meeting Place Thread

Hi guys,

i have just taken over the Meeting Place in Nongkhai.

The Meeting Place is the MOST popular and best known, established Guesthouse, Bar and Restaurant in Nongkhai and can be found in all of the leading Tourist Guides.

We are now pleased to offer air conditioned rooms, FREE WIFI, full Western and Thai Menus, as well as FREE advice on Laos Visa runs etc.

I look forward to welcoming many of you in the near future. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me if you should require any further information about the Meeting Place or about Nongkhai or Udon Thani in general.

it can make a relaxing pleasant diversion from the madness of pattaya with prices for flying to Udon as little as 2000b with Nok or air asia

Room prices start from just 200b with our newly revamped aircon rooms at only 400b per night.

Kind Regards

Martin

(Sparky)

Hi Martin and welcome to Pattaya Addicts. Does Paul still have any involvement with The Meeting Place? He is also a member here, is that how you found out about us?

Hi Martin and welcome to Pattaya Addicts. Does Paul still have any involvement with The Meeting Place? He is also a member here, is that how you found out about us?

i bought the place off Paul - no i was a member here before i purchased the Meeting Place- as many of us are i suspect that we are multi board users

Hi Guys

Just to confirm that Martin has already brought a "breath of fresh air" to the Meeting Place which has been lacking since my appointment at Lennie's.

I wish him the very best of luck for the future.

Regards

Paul

(PSP)

• 3 months later...

Hi guys just an update about the Meeting Place up in Nongkhai.

we now have our own website

http://www.the-meeting-place.com

and we now have basic single rooms for only 100 baht a night with our ensuite aircon rooms only 350 a night.

anyone who is passing thru Nongkhai pop in and say hello

Hi Sparky, thanks for the info, hope you do well. I've long intended to take a peek at NongKhai, and will definitely look you up when I finally get around to it.

Hi Sparky, thanks for the info, hope you do well. I've long intended to take a peek at NongKhai, and will definitely look you up when I finally get around to it.

you will be more than welcome anytime- its nice and quiet(??) at the min so lots of girls for the taking.

Hope to see you net time your down Martin

I lost the Great Shopper "Joe"

• 1 year later...

Hey sounds good, i live up that way and have to come there to sort me immigration letter to re do my license, so will drop in when im next home.

I stayed at the meeting place a couple of years ago. Nice place.

I'm not sure if Sparky is running it anymore.

Testicles

I'm going up to Nong Khai for New Year's with my tg....I'll stop by and say hello.

• 5 months later...

and we now have basic single rooms for only 100 baht a night with our ensuite aircon rooms only 350 a night.

Are we talking about a city near Laos? just southeast of Vientaine?

Edited by gym

And Hungry for More!!!!

Are we talking about a city near Laos? just southeast of Vientaine?

You are correct.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nong_Khai

How do you get up to there cheaply from Pattaya or Bangkok? Is there a direct bus?