IGNORED

Best 3G and rollover unused data option?

wisemonkey

Hi, I am using True at the moment and the have a deal 350 a month for 1 GB, its pretty good Im wondering if it the best for pattaya? Anyone done comparisons?

Also I only end up using around 500mb, is there a way I can roll my unused data over to next month? Is this possible with other carriers?

I use Dtac. It's 400 baht per month for "unlimited" data. After 1GB (might be 2GB, I forget) it still works, but gets verrrry slow.

Voice is 1baht a minute, and SMS is 3 baht(!), but you can buy a block of SMS and it makes it very cheap.

I don't even bother with the data now. I just wait until I find wifi if I need it. So far this year I've spent less than 2,000 baht. The money seems to go down much more slowly that 1Bt/minute. I don't know why.

Thanks, the only reason why I want it is for when the net goes down, I work online so need it for work, if there is a power outage or internet goes down I will be able to use my Iphone as a modem and use the 3G on that to get online.

That is pretty good deal with DTAC, do they let you roll it over your remaining credit if you dont use it in a month?

• 3 weeks later...

Credit rolls over, data does not. If you put 2000 thb on the phone and buy the 400 thb / 1GB plan, you'll have 1,600 baht credit for the first month, then after they charge you again for the second, you'll have 1,200 thb (assuming you make no calls/texts). The 1 GB resets after each month.