IGNORED

Near soi cowboy under 1500

Frobbit

Ok, so I've been going back and forth trying to decide on a hotel for my last three nights in Bangkok (August 19th-22nd).

I usually stay at the woraburi, but wanted to mix it up a little and stay nearer cowboy, which I prefer to nana.

Even though I can afford more, I'd like to keep this under 1500 a night (closer to 1000 would be even better, but I know the area demands a premium price.) and after ages checking Agoda, kayak and trip advisor I've more or less narrowed my choice down to 2.

1. City lodge 19 http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/bangkok/city_lodge_sukhumvit_19_hotel.html?CID=1419654

And

2. Asoke suites

http://www.agoda.com...ites_hotel.html

Both are guest friendly as far as I can gather, as well as positives and negatives.

I was wondering if any fellow bros could either recommend on over the other, or had any alternative suggestions that fit within my criteria.

Cheers in advance!

Frobbit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I stayed at City Lodge in May. I probably will not do it again. Very low shower pressure in my room, complained and nothing fixed. Can hear street noise. There is a new mall next door and there is this guy directing traffic into its parking blowing his whistle every few seconds. Can even hear it over air conditioning.

I also stayed at Key Bangkok hotel. http://www.agoda.com...gkok_hotel.html

Decent hotel, never had problem bringing girl back. Good for a few nights.

I stayed once at http://www.agoda.com...idence.html?asq

That was ok too. Though taxi driver from airport had a hard time to find.

Darjelling Boutique hotel

Gf,free wifi, damn close to cowboy (just over the walking bridge)

But lately i feel the rooms are starting to get a little run down... especially for a relatively "new" hotel.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Asoke Suites is Clean and conveniently located, just 5 minutes walk to Soi Cowboy. The only bad point is that the rooms are pretty small.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Jasmine Executive Suites..slightly..more 1500 baht...can bring multiple ladies..no extra cost...really nice...and stagger distance to Cowboy...love it there...not have to pay any cab fare..and good little a/c mall across from parking lot..can access sky train and subway easy

• 6 months later...

City Lodge soi 19.

Good and clean basic rooms no joiner fee and breakfast is good.

I stayed at the SilQ Near soy cowboy, terminal 21, BTS. Great location and a nice hotel. No pool. Good breakfast. You dont have to walk thru lobby with guest. Go directly to elevator in parking area and up to your floor. http://silqbkk.com/

Soi 8 - Siam Inn on corner of Sukhumvit, right next to Nana BTS, 1000 for very OK room

Soi 10 - Paradiso, gorgeous relatively new hotel.

Both these easy walk to Cowboy and Nana.

Soi 8 - Siam Inn on corner of Sukhumvit, right next to Nana BTS, 1000 for very OK room

Soi 10 - Paradiso, gorgeous relatively new hotel.

Both these easy walk to Cowboy and Nana.

Neither are "near Soi Cowboy". Near Nana - yes. I've stayed at Paradiso though. It's real close to Suk, and it's a great deal at 1300 or so.

Best western soi 20, about $44 on Agoda. 5 minute walk to soi cowboy, crossing sukhumvvit being the tricky part. Great value and location. 

Ashamed of my true nationality at present so I am temporarily flying the flag of the Kiwi Republic (wanted the All Black's flag-Black background with the Silver Fern- but not an option on the board software so Jacinda's Standard will have to do.  

Best western soi 20, about $44 on agoda. 5 minute walk to soi cowboy, crossing sukhumvvit being the tricky part. Great value and location. 

+++ ! Best deal out there. Pool is more of a hot tub, if that's important to you (it is to me).

had very good experiences with Sacha's hotel Uno, and SilQ (next door to each other) but seems like there prices have gone up a bit...

I was happy at the City Lodge last time I was there, ask for a high floor.

Use

www.hotelscombined.com

It search's all hotel search engins including Agoda, and gives you the net price

I was happy at the City Lodge last time I was there, ask for a high floor.

Use

www.hotelscombined.com

It search's all hotel search engins including Agoda, and gives you the net price

Agoda flew the coop (again). Maybe they'll return, they have about 4X in the past.

There is also Bangkok boutique in Asoke, nice rooms and just 1 stop of MRT to soi cowboy, rate below 1500 bath

drop inn, soi 20

1391 baht VAT & service charge included, Agoda price

breakfast included too :ThumbUp6:

best location, inside a short soi, very quite, not that new but not old decoration,

everything is OK --> for this price

I would also recommend City Lodge on Soi 19. I've probably stayed there a couple dozen times, although only once since the mall opened. Twice they overbooked and sent me to the Amari Boulevard on Soi 5 at no additional charge, and even waived the joiner there (normally 1000) since City Lodge, also managed by Amari doesn't have one. Rooms are starting to show their age but are clean and decent size.

Retired

Archived