IGNORED

bridge over river kwai uk

bolton69

can anybody help me, are there any events going on. remerance sunday, at the bridge over the river kwai. iv done some serching but only come up with anzac day, thanks for any help

• 2 weeks later...

There are 2 museums in Kanchanaburi. One is Thai run quite close to the bridge - unfortunately it is a bit of a shambles inside and they will not be able to help at all. However the other museum is next to the cemetery and run by a mix of staff both Thai and ex-pats. They are very helpful in there and will know for sure if some type of memorial is planned. I have got contact details for them somewhere and will look them out over the next few days. Incidentally if you want to have a proper tour of the railway line etc they arrange them and accompany you to give an accurate

Will post when I find those details.

Every year, I think in November, they run as Son et lumiere show at the bridge which recounts the construction and destruction of the bridge. If I recall correctly it's run by the Felix River Kwai Resort hotel which adjoins one side of the bridge. I was staying there by chance a couple of years ago when it was on. A really good show, with fireworks etc! A little bit Disneyesque, but still worth it for all that!

I recently started a whiskey diet......I've lost three days already!

there's a temple in the caves a short boat ride from the bridge, if you like that kind of thing.