IGNORED

Staying a week in Naklua

brainhack

So, seems I got myself a real cheap & quite decent apartment!

Will be trying out bars & stuff in the area, if anyone want to meet up for a drink that would be fine - just answer here or PM me :)

• 1 month later...

Leo's blues bar. Second bar on right towards ocean on soi 16 off Naklua.

I stayed in Naklua last year, and my only regret is not getting to Leo's! I intended to, but sort of forgot once I went a wandering.

I stayed at Baracuda, which can get quite lively, but it was good to just meander down the road and pop in anywhere. Many, if not most were quite friendly. It has a sort of a village feeel. So no real recommendations other than just take a walk and stop wherever you fancy.

I stayed in Naklua my first 2 trips I usually visit Ryans Bar each trip because Phil and the girls in that bar introduced me gently to how Patts works, I will say the girls in this area either appear to me to be "more mature" (which is sometimes great as they are "very accommodating") and are often ex "high end" girls,or real farm fresh with a few "gems" in the raw but this can be hard work and there are things they will not do.

I now always stay close to Soi Bukahow and LK Metro area, thats the place for me!

• 5 months later...

Taking a trip up to Nakula next week from down south where I have been living the past few years to look around with the thought of moving to Nakula on a permanent basis. Will be looking around at property's (home) for rental and also checking out the school system for the boy as he will be starting high school. New school for him whether we stay down here or make a move, so good time to consider a relocation.

Any advise from locals before making the trip? Saw the newer LEC Villa online and thoughts of staying there. Seems many hotels are booked as we are nearing the end of prime tourist season.

It's not about what you got.. It's all about what you can still get!

• 3 weeks later...

Taking a trip up to Nakula next week from down south where I have been living the past few years to look around with the thought of moving to Nakula on a permanent basis. Will be looking around at property's (home) for rental and also checking out the school system for the boy as he will be starting high school. New school for him whether we stay down here or make a move, so good time to consider a relocation.

Any advise from locals before making the trip? Saw the newer LEC Villa online and thoughts of staying there. Seems many hotels are booked as we are nearing the end of prime tourist season.

Lots of construction, in fact - any vacant land is a development candidate at the moment. Caution is the operative word.

Davie.. You were absolutely right. Lots of construction and new development.

Still, it was a worthwhile trip up as located and acquired a great house that is now my new home. Love both the ease of transportation into Pattaya from Naklua and the relative quiet village feel of the area. Some random observations on the 4 day stay to explore the area.

Stay:

LEK Villa, little north of Dolphin Circle, Na Naklua Soi 18 and Naklua Rd. Nice looking hotel, moderate priced (1,740 night), great pool, but short on service. Lots of staff, but all were constant, cell phone users, text messengers or checker players, that had little time to assist guests. LEK Villa is what  I can a vending machine hotel. The hotel rate covers your lodging, anything else you might need you pay extra. Need a towel for the pool? Was quoted pool towel 600 bht. for stay. Internet in lobby? 60 bht an hour. Internet in room? that's 200 bht a day. Reserved a poolside room, received verbal confirmation prior to travel that would be accommodated. Upon arrival was given parking lot overview room and was told 'hotel full'. Each day requested a room change, was told full, even though I could see poolside hotel rooms being vacated each day.  I think you can do better than LEK Villa in the area for the same money. Can not recommend.

Food:

No Name Restaurant:

Great Thai food at small no-name restaurant (really there is no name) on Naklua Rd at Na Kluea 27, SE corner, blue face on building. Inexpensive, has curb side tables outside at night. Friendly, helpful, clean. and really great fresh seafood.

S.D. Food and drink.

SW side of entrance into Pattaya Garden hotel and Naklua Rd. Has a couple of glass tanks of shrimp outside and a fruit smoothie booth also. Moderate priced full menu for most all tastes. Everything we tried was good.

Bon Caffe

The coffee people.. serving several different coffee's hot and cold, sandwich shop, and specialty deserts. Free wifi, open patio, air-con inside dining. Can recommend the Latte, 2 waffle with ice cream, chocolate dribble, special, at 99 bht.

Transportation:

Easy to get most anywhere from this area. Songtiel, moto taxi, van, bus, all available. Tesco-Lotus, Big C, mall shopping, Pattaya intercity, the beach, all within minutes by several different modes of transportation.

All in all, accomplished what we set out to do, so for us it was an enjoyable successful trip. Most of the construction we saw was closer to the beach but being conducted along most every Soi. It's a fast growing area that's for sure, all the way north into Banglamung.  

In what area did you find your new home?

In what area did you find your new home?

Settled in a nice spot off Soi 12. Home new for me, but house is not newly built.

Glad you found something good.

Chers

Archived