IGNORED

Travel Around Thailand in 2 Weeks..

Madcat

Hi ..

I am planning to go with my teelak on a 2 week journey to savour the sights of Thailand.

My rough plan is this.

Rent a small Honda Jazz from Pattaya .

Route : From Patts to Bangkok

maybe stop for a 1 nite do some shopping

Bangko to Hua Hin

Hua Hin head North via Phitsanulok to Chiangmai

Chiangmai to Chiangrai

Chiangrai head east towards parts of Issan and teelak hometown in Sakon Nakhon.

Southwards and back to Pattaya.

So for those who have more experience my questions are:-

For 2 weeks is my plan too ambitious?

Any other recommendations of place to visit along this route?

I am a good driver and has experience driving long distances in many countries.

too much travelling for me but i hope you have a great time. good luck

Stevie

why not just travel round chonburi for 2 weeks?

too much to do in pattaya for weeks. do bang chan, sattahip, rayong, bang saray koh larn you could even head to jontiem lol.

or if feeling adventurous head to koh chang

"There's plenty more prostitutes in Pattaya" ©2012™

"Only Newbies go home when planned" ©2012

"I don't run a gogo, i run a dance academy" Â©2014

"Sauna and milkshakes a winning combination" Â©2015

Facebook Group ::: Pattaya Bar Crawls and Parties

Sounds like an adventure , it seems reasonable but it would not give you a great deal of time spent in each place. the journey from chiang rai , phayao, nan , leoy, and udonthai will be a long trip . I hope you are good with directions because a few wrong turns could stuff up your plans . have you travelled to any of these destinations before ?? for me if you cut out anything north of sukothai and headed through phitsanulok to sakonnakhon you would save a lot of time , maybe even a vist to the mekong in nong khai , and on the way back stop of in the highlights of issarn that you would like the most , i think buriram has a historical park similar to the ones in sukothai , happy travels

why not just travel round chonburi for 2 weeks?

too much to do in pattaya for weeks. do bang chan, sattahip, rayong, bang saray koh larn you could even head to jontiem lol.

or if feeling adventurous head to koh chang

Done most of those . Also I not a mongering trip . Seeing the sights of Thailand w teelak.

Sounds like an adventure , it seems reasonable but it would not give you a great deal of time spent in each place. the journey from chiang rai , phayao, nan , leoy, and udonthai will be a long trip . I hope you are good with directions because a few wrong turns could stuff up your plans . have you travelled to any of these destinations before ?? for me if you cut out anything north of sukothai and headed through phitsanulok to sakonnakhon you would save a lot of time , maybe even a vist to the mekong in nong khai , and on the way back stop of in the highlights of issarn that you would like the most , i think buriram has a historical park similar to the ones in sukothai , happy travels

Yes I am the adventurous type as long as I am not sleeping in the car , backpacking or sleeping in tents. Enough of that in younger days. Yes I am fairly good in directions and handy with a GPS. Phayao is important though cos teelak's father is there and a visit seems inevitable.

Been to Chiangmai and Chiangrai before and I would love to revisit.

I do tend to be a speedster so am quite concerned about children playing near roadside and buffalos/cattle on roadsides. Also concerned whether the teelak is really up to it .

I do appreciate you taking time to post your comments.

Edited by Madcat