IGNORED

Full Moon Party Accommodation

Nasca147

Hi Guys,

I am trying to find some accommodation in Koh Pangan for the full moon party, I will only be there for 2 nights, and have found most places are a minimum 5 night stay, can anyone recommend somewhere close to the party with no minimum stay or anyway to get around that?

Cheers,

Nasca

Never been, but I believe you can stay on Ko Samui and catch a boat/speedboat over and then back in the morning.

You might want to check out the Lonely Planet Thorntree Forum. It's a very common question on that forum

Thanks mate I will check it out.

I heard catching the boats back in the morning can be difficult, boats overloaded etc so would like to stay on the island.

It shouldn't be that much of a problem. Coming from Samui they will probably run private boats, lots of them to bring people over. You may be charged 100 baht 'entrance' on arrival for the party and this seems common in the last few years for people not staying on Haad Rin. I think those Samui boats pop up at the Sunset Beach in Haad Rin (Haad Rin Nai).

Going back the next day there may be the private boat options of just the regular big ferries that leave early morning and also about mid day. Look up Lomprayah's schedule.

If you want to stay in Koh Pha Ngan itself then maybe check out the other beaches. I think the ones closer to Haad Rin like Baan Tai and Baan Kai will probably also want 5 days stay, which isn't so bad. I am not sure if all the others will also want that, try Haad Yao or Mae Haad. The thing is the island gets so busy at Full Moon that they 'know' they will be fully booked at this time so if there's a guy staying there 2 days at 600 baht a pop you're occupying that room on Full Moon before and after day when they'll be a massive influx of farang and Thais and they can probably book it for 1000 or something