IGNORED

Motocycs, Moto-X, Motorbikes in Thailand

layow

Thailand has alot of motocycs mainly used for transport. I like stating the obvious.

Where in the west they are mainly for fun, recreation or sport.

Heres some of my observations of bikes in los.

My outfit south of Pattaya

woody_bike_1.jpg

Would you run or stop if on a super bike?

cop_bike.jpg

I want this bike

weird_bike.jpg

Anyone want a helmet?

girla_on_bike.jpg

Phuket freewheelin.

r1_phuk.jpg

Intersting badges

scooter_bkk.jpg

hmm would you buy this bike?

poster_bike.jpg

Building up sweat.

d_sweat.jpg

Brigde ride!!!

bike_k_chang.jpg

Thai Moto-X in Nong Bua 70ks east of Nakhon Sawan

Tom...Thai 2005/6 Enduro champion

mx_thai_1.jpg

Modified Scooters, added Moto-X suspension and hotted up motors

mx_thai_2.jpg

Some real MX bike too

thai_mx_3.jpg

The ambulance????

thai_mx_4.jpg

Somat, ?????, Tom.

thai_mx_5.jpg

Havin fun on anything!!!

thai_mx_6.jpg

Thais really know how to improvise and get these thing going

thai_mx_7.jpg

Please add your own

photos and experiences

Remember its (crashing) is only how often and how hard,,,, and I like not often and not hard,,, complete opposite to the other riding I like;-)

Stay safe and WEAR PROTECTIVE CLOTHING

Woody

the aftermath of over the bars on a mountain bike from a broken/derailed chain today

2 grazed elbows 1 deep, 1 grazed knee, 2 grazed palms, various brusies, bent up bike

Edited by woody

Member since Dec 06.

good stuff. I wouldnt ride across that bridge if my life depended on it..

Do you have any idea how much it is to rent a big bike?

good stuff. I wouldnt ride across that bridge if my life depended on it..

Do you have any idea how much it is to rent a big bike?

I pay 300 baht a day for a 1000 cc honda fireblade, but i rent for the whole holiday. Your looking about 600-800 baht a day me thinks for a new bike. A yamaha r1 is 1000 baht a day.

2 of my friends had an accident in the Philipinnes a few months ago, had to spend 6 weeks in hospital there, 1 lost a leg and the other a seriously fractured skull.

Wow what a great set of pictures, I never had a motorbike as I was a scooter boy & had a lambretta :Cowboy:

I got some really good old photos I will add when I'm home & brought a scanner

:Drunk_Party:

Anyone want a helmet?

girla_on_bike.jpg

Hey! There's only 3 on that bikeT They should be able to fit at least 2 more! :Drunk_Party:

Wow what a great set of pictures, I never had a motorbike as I was a scooter boy & had a lambretta :Cowboy:

I got some really good old photos I will add when I'm home & brought a scanner

:001_Sawasdee:

hhahahhahaa - I was a Yorkshire Brave - but a Vespa rider.

I have the chance to buy some Harleys at knock down prices and I am tempted to do it but can anyone tell me what i need to ensure I get i.e. green books etc as there is a chance they are dodgy.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

In Pattaya 1996 I was there for a month, my mates all had big motor bikes spinning around town!

So not wanting to be left out I went & hired a chooper style bike on beach road.

I had never rode a motorbike before & was shit scared, I didn't know how to change gear

or anything. After half an hour of telling me how to ride it, I slowly let the clutch out &

headed down beach road. 200 yards down I stopped & asked one of my mates to take it back.

They talked me round & I tried again, I turned into 2nd road & thought fuck all or nothing

you only live once! I opened it up to about 60 mph & thought it was great. I kept the bike

for nearly a month, we travelled all round pattaya & the the attreactions!

Ah the memmories B)

10890-13219.jpg

10890-13220.jpg

In Pattaya 1996 I was there for a month, my mates all had big motor bikes spinning around town!

So not wanting to be left out I went & hired a chooper style bike on beach road.

I had never rode a motorbike before & was shit scared, I didn't know how to change gear

or anything. After half an hour of telling me how to ride it, I slowly let the clutch out &

headed down beach road. 200 yards down I stopped & asked one of my mates to take it back.

They talked me round & I tried again, I turned into 2nd road & thought fuck all or nothing

you only live once! I opened it up to about 60 mph & thought it was great. I kept the bike

for nearly a month, we travelled all round pattaya & the the attreactions!

Ah the memmories B)

10908-13217.jpg

10908-13218.jpg

Fukk me - you look slim

Did you have a bike licence? Maybe you did as I have one from passing my test on my 150 vespa 32 years ago.

Hirers note the following;-

1. You MUST have the appropriate licence to hire a motorbike in Thailand

2. If you dont and you are caught you will be fined - usually ONLY fined but we are hearing of 20k fines these days.

3. Even if your hired bike DOES have insurance it will be INVALID if you don't have the appropriate licence. many claim to be insured but are not - if it is insured the insurance sticker will be ON the bike, usually on the rear wheel arch. Dont take a bike with no insurance sticker.

4. Your travel/medical insurance will NOT cover you if you are hospitalised driving a motorbike without a licence.

I do not want to be a "killjoy" but a lot of the rental places tell people they are OK to ride when they are NOT. I am simply making any newbie and maybe not so newbie aware.

5. MOST IMPORTANTLY Wear a helmet not a pussy, girly, polka dotted, beasty bandana!!!!

Ride happy but ride safe.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Fukk me - you look slim

sweetmouth! It was a long time ago

Did you have a bike licence? Maybe you did as I have one from passing my test on my 150 vespa 32 years ago.

No, just a normal liscense

Hirers note the following;-

1. You MUST have the appropriate licence to hire a motorbike in Thailand

2. If you dont and you are caught you will be fined - usually ONLY fined but we are hearing of 20k fines these days.

3. Even if your hired bike DOES have insurance it will be INVALID if you don't have the appropriate licence. many claim to be insured but are not - if it is insured the insurance sticker will be ON the bike, usually on the rear wheel arch. Dont take a bike with no insurance sticker.

4. Your travel/medical insurance will NOT cover you if you are hospitalised driving a motorbike without a licence.

I do not want to be a "killjoy" but a lot of the rental places tell people they are OK to ride when they are NOT. I am simply making any newbie and maybe not so newbie aware.

5. MOST IMPORTANTLY Wear a helmet not a pussy, girly, polka dotted, beasty bandana!!!!

yes youre right but it was nice to pretend to be a real biker for a month

Ride happy but ride safe.

It's good to see some motorcylce enthusiasts. When it comes to biking in LOS, like Woody said its only for transportational purposes, but throw in some adrenaline and we got us some bikers here.

Count me in as a tourer as I love biking all over the country. Recently bough myself a brand new Spark 135 and I am looking to juice it up with a racing CDI chip and the works soon...will post a pic soon as well.

Burn rubber not your soul.