IGNORED

Golden Crab

Khun Scalawag

The Inn of the Golden Crab, Soi 13, Pattaya.

E-mail: Mr. David Wales, [email protected]

I've spent little over two weeks at The Inn of the Golden Crab and give it high marks.

It is not a hotel, but rather apartments. One bedroom apartments are 1,000 Baht a day (Low Season) and you can add 100 THB to that if you want your unit cleaned and linen changed daily.

Monthly Rates (as of 10 August 2006):

1 bedroom B20,000 p.m. Low Season, B23,000 p.m. High Season.

2 bedroom B26,000 p.m. Low Season, B29,000 p.m. High Season

The apartment has a kitchen with a two burner cook-top, full cabinetry, counter space, refrig. and all the tableware and cookware you might need.

The floors are very attractive marble tile throughout the apartment.

The bed is perfectly adequate for 2, but too small for 3, so if you are into all night threesomes you might not find it comfortable.

The bathroom has a shower, walk-in type separated from the loo by a 4 foot tall by 6 inch thick partition. Nicely done for that type of bathroom design.

The in room safe is the best I've seen to date, but, unfortunately, not the biggest. You can have a 7 digit number plus a letter combination making it nearly impossible for someone to "crack" your code. Plus, you only have to enter the code once to open the safe. To lock it, just close the door and turn the knob counterclockwise.

If I could change anything I would add a couch (sofa) in the living room. As it is the two chairs and the coffee table give what is otherwise a very attractive room a "cold, unfinished" feeling.

Each apartment has a balcony large enough for a table and two chairs looking toward the east and over the pool.

There is a car park under the new wing, but at ground level, and, of course, a lift.

The new wing is completed and I understand the owner has shut down the old wing and is refurbishing each apartment so they match the new wing.

As it is not a hotel there is no food service, but La Maison is next door, The Haven is just across the street and The Sportsman is across the street and just to the left of The Sandy Spring.

While it is not the Marriott, it is a great location and I would stay there again.

GC-02ec.jpg

GC-04ec.jpg

GC-03ec.jpg

GC-05ec.jpg

GC-06ec.jpg

GC-07ec.jpg

GC-08ec.jpg

GC-09ec.jpg

GC-10ec.jpg

GC-11ac.jpg

GC-01ec.jpg

GC-12ec.jpg

They are very girlfriend friendly, but unless there has been a change in policy in the last few months, they do state, in print, in no uncertain terms, that they do not want the business of certain individuals who, one might say, are.... confused about their sexual orientation?

Lowest Rates for hotels

Sawasdee.com

Agoda.com

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for that. I have walked by this inn many times and never checked it out. I have sent an email to check availability as I like the location.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Does anyone have more up to date information about this hotel?

The owner will sometimes rent this by the week during the off peak season. He'll rent the one bedromm for B10,000/wk and the 2 bedroom for B15,000 or B20,000 I forget which. I travel to Pattaya with a friend and we have been looking for a 2 bedroom 2 bath place near Beach Road. The Inn of The Golden Crab is perfectly located. The place looks nice but I don't like the lack of a couch. If two guys bring two girls back, there aren't enough seats.

Does anybody know if the 2 bedrooms here have 2 bathrooms?

If two guys bring two girls back, there aren't enough seats.

Seats? What for? :D

Is there any internetpage/broschure from the Golden Crab where I can check out the different options? Or is it only possible to book via email?

I stayed various times at the Inn House, but I'm missing the seaview now...guess why. :rolleyes: Prices from Inn House have increased dramaticly over the last 2 years as well. :GrinNod1:

• 3 months later...
The owner will sometimes rent this by the week during the off peak season. He'll rent the one bedromm for B10,000/wk and the 2 bedroom for B15,000 or B20,000 I forget which. I travel to Pattaya with a friend and we have been looking for a 2 bedroom 2 bath place near Beach Road. The Inn of The Golden Crab is perfectly located. The place looks nice but I don't like the lack of a couch. If two guys bring two girls back, there aren't enough seats.

Thank you for the information.

I checked this place out last summer and was not impressed. The bed is too small as well as the bedroom. Also, the tv is in the living room, which means you can't lay in bed and watch it. Still, it does have an excellent location with a good price. I don't know what channels the tv gets.

Thanks for your report. The place looks more than adequate.

à¸à¹‰à¸™à¸›à¸­à¸”ยอดขุนพล <center><embed src="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/&clickLABEL=MySpace Countdown Clocks&flashLABEL=Countdown Clock Codes&skin=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/skins/14.jpg&text=LA%20VIDA%20LOCA&untilColor=0&textColor=0&datesColor=0&year=2008&month=8&day=28&hour=23&minute=45&second=0&x=30&y=72" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200" name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

<small>MySpace Countdown Clocks</small></center>

Also, the tv is in the living room, which means you can't lay in bed and watch it. Still, it does have an excellent location with a good price. I don't know what channels the tv gets.

No TV in the bedroom is a good idea. :o

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I thought I might update this review

I have been visiting Pattaya since 1988, having stayed at approx twenty hotels etc, but now always stay at the Golden Crab.

I am attaching their latest leaflet, giving current prices etc and also a few photographs of mine of the pool area as exterior shots are lacking in the OP.

I like Soi 13. It is very central and on the baht bus route and easy to travel North or South. The soi is also very quiet after midnight, unlike some others in party town, for those of us who like a nice sleep in order to re-charge their batteries.

It is spotlessly clean and I have never come across any ants or cockroaches there.

John

INN OF THE GOLDEN CRAB

SERVICED APARTMENTS 100M FROM THE CENTER OF PATTAYA BEACH

Welcome to the Golden Crab. We hope you decide to stay with us for your next visit. This information sheet is designed to provide answers to questions you may have about the facilities. We hope you find it useful and informative.

The complex contains twenty six one bedroom apartments, and nine two bedroom ones. All have air conditioning & ceiling fans with hot & cold water. There is a small swimming pool, and a bar.

There are books in many languages in our library next to the lift on floor 2. All apartments have cable TV showing around sixty channels in many languages 24 hours a day.

Each apartment has a small kitchen, with a two ring hob and refrigerator. All pots, crocks, etc. are provided, and there is an electronic safe fitted. Each has a separate living room with dining area. All bedrooms have double beds and en-suite shower room and toilet. Bed linen and towels are provided and these are changed, and the apartments are cleaned, every three days. There is no additional charge for this service. Please note that we do NOT provide toilet rolls, soap, etc. free.

ROOM RENTALS May 1st. To Oct. 31st. Nov 1st to Apr. 30th

Payable in advance

1 Bedroom Apartments Per Week Per Month Per Week Per Month

Floors 1 to 3 B 5,500 B20,000 B 7,500 B24,000

Floors 4 to 6 B 6,500 B22,000 B 8,500 B26,000

2 Bedroom Apartments Per Week Per Month Per Week Per Month

Floors 2 & 3 B 8,000 B26,000 B 9,500 B30,500

Floors 4 to 6 B 9,500 B29,000 B10,500 B34,000

ELECTRICITY Is charged according to metered usage at B7.0 per unit

WATER Is charged according to metered usage at B25 per CuM

RETURNABLE DEPOSIT We require a deposit of B5,000 on arrival against loss or damage to

the apartment. This is returnable in the event that no loss or damage occurs.

RESERVATION DEPOSITS To book in advance we require a deposit of B2,000. This can be sent by bank transfer directly to one of the bank accounts listed below. Please fax or E mail us a copy of the transfer document from your bank.

ROOM RENTALS are payable in advance. In the case of periods in excess of one month, one

Months rental is payable in advance. Unless the length of stay is stated at the commencement of the tenancy, we require one months notice of termination, or one months rent in lieu.

Details of our bank account are :-

LLOYDS TSB BANK PLC

HIGH ST. EVESHAM.

SORT CODE 30 - 80 - 34

ACCOUNT NO. 36952160

ACCOUNT NAME: MRS C. WALES

IBAN gb40loyd30803411686268

BIC (SWIFTCODE) loydgb21723

We hope you found this information usefull. Should you have any other queries

please E mail us and we will provide any information we have. Thank you for your enquiry.

CONTACT DETAILS

Telephone +66 (0)38 421648 Fax +66 (0)38 422728 Email [email protected]

IMG_0222.JPG

IMG_0218.JPG

IMG_0219.JPG

IMG_0220.JPG

IMG_0221.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

What about wifi at The Crab? And if you have a room on floor 4-6, do they have any sea view/afternoon sun?

For wifi you need to pay extra, at least I had to, last may.

Rooms are worn out, bed linens are, how can I put it, ugly and uncomfortable.

Bathroom has a tub, me not like. And also look old.

location good, clean. Price also good.

Would not stay again, have better options.

<p>

For wifi you need to pay extra, at least I had to, last may.

Rooms are worn out, bed linens are, how can I put it, ugly and uncomfortable.

Bathroom has a tub, me not like. And also look old.

location good, clean. Price also good.

Would not stay again, have better options.

where else do you stay mate? Can't beat the location of the Crab.

Free today - Pay tomorrow

where else do you stay mate? Can't beat the location of the Crab.

Agree on location,it's great, but I always rent motorbike and hate Walking Street... :D

Just not like the look of the rooms and bathroom...look cheap and worn. And you need to pay for internet... :wacko:

<p>

• 3 years later...

Are they charge for electricity and water with a weekly rates too or only with monthly rates?

How much is extra for wifi in room?

Thanks in advance

Are they charge for electricity and water with a weekly rates too or only with monthly rates?

How much is extra for wifi in room?

Thanks in advance

Best to e-mail the owners direct,as the last post was over three years ago?

• 1 year later...

Hi @all, I plan to book an One-Room-Apartment with Sea View. Could someone tell me, what Rooms have a Sea View? Maybe all on floor 4-6?

Regards

Archived