Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Best SIM card?

What SIM cards you have used at Pattaya? I only have experience of Happy. I did work really nice. Wonder how long it stay active. Phone say it work till July, but if I charge money to it later this year. Does it start active again or do I need buy new card..

Can you pick up a Happy iPhone micro SIM card fom a corner store?

Any problems/issues ?

With Happy you can pay for extra time till it expires, mine is always good for one year until it expires.

I literally tried them all but finally stuck with True. I still have my Happy number but I'm more concerned about coverage mainly for Smart Phone activities and True handles that. If you get the 3G monthly plan with True they also give you a free WIFI username and password as well.

Tequila Reef Cantina Bar and Restaurant
Established 2001
Soi 7 Pattaya Beach Road
Tel:(038) 414-035

Pattaya: Tequila Reef Pattaya Restaurant

tequilareef_banner_300.jpg

FACEBOOK - TWITTER - YOUTUBE

1_1_Philippines-Addicts-Logo-May-2012.jp

Join Philippines Addicts the World's largest Philippines Sex Travel and expat forum with over 62,000 members today! Be advanced immediately ONLY if you are advanced on Pattaya Addicts with over 150 posts. PM me on PIA!

I like everything about True Move H, except they don't offer international roaming on prepaid. Sucks when you're in another country and need the OTA code from k-Bank to confirm a transaction

I like everything about True Move H, except they don't offer international roaming on prepaid. Sucks when you're in another country and need the OTA code from k-Bank to confirm a transaction

had that trouble myself trying to transfer money from my k-bank to Dancewatchers, whats the solution?

had that trouble myself trying to transfer money from my k-bank to dancewatchers, whats the solution?

I think you can change it to email instead of sms.

I have a happy sim card.

To top up I just go to any 7-Eleven and say " happy" they all understand.

I always ensure there is 200bht credit on the phone when I leave Thailand.

When ever I return its never working, so I just go to the Happy counter at Bangkok airport and they do something to get it live again..they chgaged me 8obht last time and at the same time I put 500bht credit on it which is normally more than enough for a trip.

My thai phone is on here in Uk, and its receiving texts on the UK network !

I use ais i have the sim card so when i arrive bkk i refil card for 150b that give me 20hrs internet and 43 b phone, if you require more phone time use the 7-11 to top up

1 2 cal for me every time and good for the K Bank top up etc

Anyone any idea of data connection charges on Happy (or other) ?

I'll be using my iPhone for location finding, maps etc

So it'll be a micro SIM. And yes I have unlocked it.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi, just taking old unlocked phone just to txt / calls whilst in pattaya to other BMs, the phone is so old think was built before the internet was invented lol so no 3G etc required, just a bog standard pay as go SIM required - any suggestions or are most at the level I want much the same - thanks Charlie

• 2 weeks later...

<p><p>

had that trouble myself trying to transfer money from my k-bank to dancewatchers, whats the solution?

I've had trouble using the new TRUEMOVE-H Network, with a 2 year old TRUEMOVE 3G Data SIM in an Android phone.I topped-up at the True shop in the BKK Arrivals hall and the phone display registered True, 3G and "H", everything looked OK.It wasn't till later I found it would not transfer data, no matter what I did to the settings.The True Shop, next to the K Bank near Tukcom,South Pattaya eventually sorted it but I needed a new SIM.Very good service in the shop too.

are all you Happy users using the happy tourist sim? I am and it seems expensive to keep it live

Truemove and Truemove H (data) for me.

Very happy with the packages they offer and I can easily top up with K bank.

If it flies, floats or fucks - it will be cheaper to rent !

• 4 weeks later...

The general consensus is

Get a HAPPY sim to be a HAPPY customer