Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Chon buri- details required

nikcool10

Dear frends,

I am planning to rellocate for work to thailand (chon buri) , can someone give me details of living expenses as to the housing, transport, food , etc

in general to live out there with family , what sort of decent income would suffice and what all can be expected in that income? and any other tips , that is important to know before moving or before negotiating with the company, so that I can include or count that ...

thanks in advance for the tips.

Cheers !

with 69 posts i would like to think you would know this is a very hard question to answer.

check out the expats forum. there you will find hundreds of pages of discussion on the cost of living for a monger, cost of living of a teacher, cost of living of an expat and cost of living of a thai.

general figures and this is what you asked for but you will see its useless as a general rule.

cost of a house 5k to 50k a month (depending on area, bedrooms, pool, age of house, distance to pattaya)

food 3k to 30k a month (thai or western or mix)

transport 10baht (bahtbus) to 50k a month car rental with insurance

in general i would say that 100k a month would be plenty, but for some 500k a month would not be enough.

some teachers get by on 20-25k a month but this would be no fun at all.

If you dont have at least 50k a month i wouldnt think about moving

"There's plenty more prostitutes in Pattaya" ©2012™

"Only Newbies go home when planned" ©2012

"I don't run a gogo, i run a dance academy" Â©2014

"Sauna and milkshakes a winning combination" Â©2015

Facebook Group ::: Pattaya Bar Crawls and Parties

Chonburi the city or Chonburi the province, if the later what town/city in the province/

What type of housing are you looking for?

As for expected income as is anywhere else in the world depends on your position and industry you are working in.

• 2 years later...

Chon Buri is much cheaper than Bangkok. I pay 2500B/month for my furnished studio in a newly built 8-storey building, 10K monthly installments for my new Honda, food... maybe 10K a month? 3k a month is 100B per day. Possible but you don't get any dessert then! Also, if you want to feed a family, make it 15-20K per month. For transportation, a family needs a car, right? Buses are cheap but they don't run very late.

Chon Buri is much cheaper than Bangkok. I pay 2500B/month for my furnished studio in a newly built 8-storey building, 10K monthly installments for my new Honda, food... maybe 10K a month? 3k a month is 100B per day. Possible but you don't get any dessert then! Also, if you want to feed a family, make it 15-20K per month. For transportation, a family needs a car, right? Buses are cheap but they don't run very late.

Fuck a duck...that sounds very very cheap...are you sure it is 2500B per month...sounds more like 25000B per month to me.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Fuck a duck...that sounds very very cheap...are you sure it is 2500B per month...sounds more like 25000B per month to me.

Sure. It was 1000B the first few month, unfurnished. Then they brought in the furniture and that rent went up. There's still no kitchen but there is AC ... and then water and electricity on top so it's around 3500B total now, depending on how often I turn on the AC and how often I shower at home. 

Archived