IGNORED

Big daddy is here & time to eat your Apple!

Hellbender

I been waiting for this long time and Windows 8 is a real computing tablet and rest are just TOYS!

Those who want a tablet do all your computing task should go for Windows 8.

I am keeping my 1000 USD aside for this piece of tech art.

Microsoft Surface for Windows RT

http://youtu.be/_3085PVvNWE

http://youtu.be/oKOUeI6l4ik

http://youtu.be/Fk7TLehLvw4

None of this might make sense until you touch one yourself, but it's our job to at least help you understand: the Surface really is as rigid and lightweight as Microsoft's executive team promised us it would be. The magnesium casing makes it wholly inflexible, and we mean that in the best possible way. As thin and light as it is (9.3mm / 1.49 pounds), there isn't a hint of give in the whole chassis. Were it not for fear of scratching that 10.6-inch display (HD on the RT model, Full HD 1080p on the Pro), we wouldn't have too many qualms about accidentally dropping it: the magnesium is as smooth and scratch-resistant as it is sturdy. Heck, even the display is coated in second-generation Gorilla Glass, so maybe we shouldn't handle this thing with kid gloves. Bonus: the whole package seems relatively impervious to fingerprints -- at least on the rear. And remember, this is after dozens of tech writers put their curious paws on it.

The kickstand, too, is as thin as they say (3mm thick on the RT model). It folds out in a controlled, reassuring motion; we're not worried about this snapping off. It also seems like it'll take a little more than a breath of air to make the whole thing knock over. Our first thought was that the stand looks like the fold-out back to a frame, but unlike a frame, which might fall face-down on your shelf, the tablet stayed put, even after rigorous handling from all the press here.

Take a tour around the device and you'll see a mix of ports -- we use the word "mix" deliberately because it's a medley of sockets you'd expect to find on either an ARM-based tablet and a full x86 one. On team ARM, you've got a microSD slot, befitting the sort of low-powered consumer tablet you're used to. But, unlike most Android tabs you've seen (much less the iPad), it also has a USB 2.0 port and HDMI output. Inside, you'll get either 32GB or 64GB of built-in storage, along with a 31.5Wh battery, though that last spec is fairly meaningless until Microsoft clarifies the rated battery life.

Display

Right now, Microsoft reps are refusing to clarify the resolution for either the RT or Pro Surface tablets. For now, then, suffice to say the 16:9 display is indeed crisp, but you know what's even more impressive? The viewing angles. Try following along with a demo, standing off to the side while someone else has his turn taking photos from dead-center. Turns out, it's no so hard. Factor in that kickstand and you've got the ingredients for some easy movie watching between friends.

Performance

As for performance, we'll be honest: tech press were treated to about two minutes at each of several stations, some of which demoed design, and not so much the power that lies inside that thin frame. (Microsoft has only said that the ARM chip is made by NVIDIA. No one ever said it's a Tegra 3 SoC, but that is naturally our best bet.) Still, in our brief hands-on the optically bonded screen was incredibly responsive to our various taps and swipes. Fast, slick and very, very promising. Now if only we could see the Core i5-powered Pro model in action. As for pen input, it's very possible, including PDF mark-ups and all, but we didn't get to see that demoed today. Sorry, Charlies.

Touch Cover and Type Cover keyboards

Unfortunately, we didn't get to see a working demo of the keyboards. As in, we weren't permitted to type sample sentences and feel what it's like to hammer out characters on a flat keyboard, or on keys that have just 1.5mm of travel. It's a shame, because what makes both keyboards special is that they have built-in accelerometers that allow the keyboard to tell which key you're hitting, how fast and how forcefully. An intriguing idea if ever there was one, but difficult to weigh in on if all you're allowed to do is peck at a lifeless demo model.

Still, they were on display in the demo area and we did get to, you know, put our fingers on them. Starting with the flat one (that'd be the Touch Cover), the keys have a slightly scratchy surface that seems like it would make one's fingers feel just a bit more anchored. Still, we're curious about the learning curve for a keyboard that's so... what's the opposite of "tactile?" What else can we say having not been allowed to actually type on a working model? Oh yes, it will be available in five colors.

Interestingly, with the Type Cover, the cushier of the two keyboards, it's still difficult at first Blush to tell one key from another if you're not looking down at them. Each manufacturer has a different way of conserving space when building a set of keys for a 10-inch device, and it's clear that Microsoft decided using a chiclet layout would have been inefficient: the keys are packed fairly tightly, with the flat keycaps almost blending into one another.

Based on remarks by Steve Ballmer and others during the presentation, it sounds like a lot of thought went into the two keyboards, so we wouldn't be surprised if a large focus group of touch typists were able to prove Redmond's engineers right. But having played with both, we don't imagine this being like settling in with a new laptop or Transformer-style dock. You might have to re-learn how to type (or at least teach your brain to fuhgeddaboutit and trust your fingers to land where they're supposed to.)

Wrap-up

It's impossible to weigh in on Surface when we only handled one of the two tablets, and when each hands-on opportunity amounted to a Supermarket Sweep-style tour of various demo areas. Still, even after some brief handling, we feel impressed, almost sobered by what Microsoft's managed to produce after vowing to take the Windows 8 hardware-software package into its own hands. Surface for Windows RT is well-made, polished, durable and carefully engineered. And yes, that's sobering news: Microsoft's own OEM partners, everyone from ASUS to Acer to HP, should feel a tinge of defensiveness. If Redmond's mission until now has been to showcase all the possible form factors for Windows 8, it may have just taken a step in the opposite direction by upstaging everybody else. http://www.engadget.com/

My wife is a sex object. Every time I ask for sex, she objects..

WTF guess the OP just got a woodie

tjhis is about mongering how?

cool!! I hope this keyboard is comfy and easy to use, because it looks the opposite!

cool!! I hope this keyboard is comfy and easy to use, because it looks the opposite!

Same we said for Ipad and infact we all ruled it out but look now. They have two type of keyboard, the traditional one & the gesture friendly one. This is just a sneak peak and a lot yet to reveal.

One thing i can assure you, wondows 8 will beat any tablet in market by a click. They are the real computing device and rest are just toys IMO

Edited by Hellbender

get a mac

This time turn back!

My choice will always be apple ipad

Living sober,clean and staying away from loose women doesn't make a man live any longer. It just fucking feels like it.

My choice will always be apple ipad

With time technology changes & people adopt the best. Upto you!

can he can cum on the keyboard and after just swipe off his juice ?.. do damage

คนโà¸à¸«à¸à¹€à¸¡à¸·à¹ˆà¸­à¸žà¸§à¸à¹€à¸‚าไม่สามารถจัดà¸à¸²à¸£à¸à¸±à¸šà¸„วามจริง

เวลาที่เราอยู่คนเดียว à¹à¸¥à¹‰à¸§à¸™à¸±à¹ˆà¸‡à¸¡à¸­à¸‡à¹à¸‚นมองดูมือ ดูหน้าตามองตัวเอง ในà¸à¸£à¸°à¸ˆà¸ จะทำให้เà¸à¸´à¸”คำถามมาà¸à¸¡à¸²à¸¢ ที่มาพร้อมคำตอบมาà¸à¸¡à¸²à¸¢à¸žà¸­à¸à¸±à¸™ จะทำให้เราเข้าใจตัวเองà¹à¸¥à¸°à¸Šà¸µà¸§à¸´à¸•à¸¡à¸²à¸à¸‚ึ้นไปอีภอย่ามัวใช้ชีวิตเพื่อทำอะไรมาà¸à¸¡à¸²à¸¢à¹€à¸žà¸·à¹ˆà¸­à¸™à¸„นอื่นอย่างเดียว ทำเพื่อนตัวเองบ้าง ชีวิตเรามันไม่ได้ยาวนานอย่างที่คิดหรอภทำวันนี้เพื่อพรุ่งนี้à¸à¹‡à¸žà¸­à¹à¸¥à¹‰à¸§...

same, same but different.

Well not really. First off I have a iPad as well as several PCs. The iPad is a good toy but that is the key ... it is toy. People that have real work to do usually go looking for a real computer (Mac, Linux, PC or other) to get past its limitations.

Surface has the advantage of addressing some of the those problems with the ability to use a real keyboard, mouse and external storage. It is also likely to see a lot of people picking it up to remotely control more robust systems with significant processing power (the low end RT model can be used for this purpose).

It will not have a much of an impact on the higher end PC market (those installations with multi-core CPUs, multiple large screen display, etc). It may be a bit over kill for the low end tablet market (people browsing the internet, email, social media, ereader and small convenience apps).

My guess is it will have the most impact on the Home PC market. In many cases the PRO version can replace the home PC and offer the advantage of having portable tablet device as well ... but the RT, iPad and Androids will still have the advantage of less thickness and weight.

Conclusion: A lot will depend on how well the METRO interface is received ... so far people tend to love it or hate it. Microsoft will sale a lot of these but it will not be an ipad killer.

Edited by lostagain

There's no way that's it's going to beat iPad.

but the USB 2.0 and HDMI ports are a big plus, I might even have to think of buying it because of that USB port even though I already have an iPad.

Edited by callme

The snap on keyboard is clever. I'm surprised no one has done something similar already. It will be interesting to see exactly what you can do on this computer and how well it will sell. Microsoft are playing catch up here so it needs to be very good to compete in a significant way. Its good see ports that Apple wont use on its iPad. I'm guessing it will have a microSD slot on it somewhere?

Same we said for Ipad and infact we all ruled it out but look now. They have two type of keyboard, the traditional one & the gesture friendly one. This is just a sneak peak and a lot yet to reveal.

One thing i can assure you, wondows 8 will beat any tablet in market by a click. They are the real computing device and rest are just toys IMO

How's that Zune working out for you? (Ouch!)

Microsoft is always chasing last years products. Making a tablet more like a computer is completely missing the point .. you're just making a crappy computer. I use a tablet and a computer both as business tools and fun toys.

The later Zunes were way better then Touchs imo hell just not having to deal with iTunes sold me in itself. I think the real key will be if they integrate their phones/tablets with your home computer using Win8 in some meaningful way which is what I had hoped from win7 phones. Now with Smart Glass on the the horizon I think they have the chance to do some really cool integration things but then I also thought that they had a chance to do some ground breaking stuff with the Connect using it on computers but nothing really came from it. Time will tell I think Apple has been really stagnant of late like since they lost Jobs they are afraid to go outside the box. Maybe iPhone 5 will be some kinda beast but I am beginning to doubt it.

I will keep my new iPad thanks.

Microsoft Surface Windows RT is a tablet with full windows OS. Current Tablets are mobile OS so it is no competition at all.

What i assume Android Tablets will be the cheapest device for web browser & certain task with Apps and most of them will be less than 200USD mark. 500+USD Android tablet is a joke & we will see them go down.

Ipad with iOS cannot survive either until they bring Mac OS in Ipad & that's not currently possible.

Terry Gou, the CEO of Foxxcon said that iphone 5 will put Samsung’s Galaxy III to shame.

http://9to5mac.com/2...s-iii-to-shame/

Talking about the sweat shop owner? Dickhead!

Talking about the sweat shop owner? Dickhead!

Being the owner of the sweat shop doesn't undo his words though.

Being the owner of the sweat shop doesn't undo his words though.

Even if he is correct i will still keep my hands off from his products.

unfortunatelly maximizing profits equals mass production, which leads to work camps and sweat shops.. I can't imagine what's next....

wtf,did bill gates start this thread? :GoldenSmile1:

people HERE are into playing with thai pussy,not electronics.