IGNORED

PattayaForum.com for sale

LaaMok

This forum/domain is being sold for 7 million baht, just for the domain!!!

http://www.bahtsold.com/en/view/reduced-premium-domain-for-sale-pattayaforum-com-104466

It claims you will make at least 1 million baht a month by just updating the website.

I think its time to sell up and retire.... (insert sarcasm) a word of warning to investors here, its will take you 10 or more years to get your money back and thats if your very very lucky.

I can't call the price a scam, (because people make their own prices) but I can say that those claims are completely made up and the level of work that is required is played down.

If you want your own Pattaya Forum, I actually know one that is for sale at a reasonable price, it has no traffic/few members, but its all set up and ready to go! Maybe 150k and alot more money for 6 months worth of support.

that is a good laugh, wish him luck but i think it will still be onsale when renewal is due!

"There's plenty more prostitutes in Pattaya" ©2012™

"Only Newbies go home when planned" ©2012

"I don't run a gogo, i run a dance academy" Â©2014

"Sauna and milkshakes a winning combination" Â©2015

Facebook Group ::: Pattaya Bar Crawls and Parties

an empty forum with 8 members!!!

the claims made are totally ludicrous

that is a good laugh, wish him luck but i think it will still be onsale when renewal is due!

an empty forum with 8 members!!!

the claims made are totally ludicrous

Those of us with experience of SEO, websites, forums etc can see the funny side to it, but if someone invested that sort of money into it, it would be real sad.

My opinion with Pattaya forums, is that we are so big now, it would take alot of money/advertising to get bigger, I would say spend 9.99 USD on a domain and pay someone like me to consult, and invest a few million in links, websites, videos and social media marketing etc. ( a few million sounds like over kill, but your going up against aged forums, of which all are dying but PA)

the domain is probably worth around 3k USD, but that's all!

+maybe the IPB license if it comes with the forum.

i"ll give him a tenner for it if he throws his laptop in.........

I offered 100,000 baht, but I don't think he will be happy with me, as I was FRANK about the 1 million baht per month, talk about wild dreams! I wish!

I will make sure that I am always number one for "pattaya forum"

the domain is probably worth around 3k USD, but that's all!

+maybe the IPB license if it comes with the forum.

I thought that also and offered 100k just to say that I have it... but the word "pattaya forum" isnt important much now, names will change....

Pattaya Message Board

Pattaya Discusssion Board

Pattaya social networking

Pattaya Chat Room

I offered 100,000 baht, but I don't think he will be happy with me, as I was FRANK about the 1 million baht per month, talk about wild dreams! I wish!

That's about what it is honestly worth.

The value simply comes from the name, the domain is not only an exact keyword match but also the top type-in for that topic (a forum about pattaya).

That guarantees top rankings in Google, therefore 3k USD.

Edited by manarak

That's about what it is honestly worth.

To me, its worth nothing, I don't need it, I don't want it. But its always worth having domains like that, just to stop someone else buying it and putting a forum on there, as its an aged domain with good keyword in there, so it will give them a very slight advantage, just to have that domain and sit on it, is worth 100,000 baht. (you know all this already, just explaining it for any newbies)

However it could be worth more to someone else that simply has no idea for another name, and wants a slight advantage. Its worth around 10 USD to me, but I am prepared to pay more, just to take it out of circulation and use it as a redirect etc

i think 100k is too much.

sure it might be ok to rank for one term but there is nothing else of value to it. not even any sort of current ranking. The time needed to build up a new forum is massive and like you point out there is a lot of competitors for the same niche.

For someone who has some experience they could turn it into a good moneymaker but the effort required to do so is so much that they would already need an income before they started and even then it would be a gamble.

Plenty of other pattaya brand-able domains available to go into the forum niche better just spending $20 ona new domain. $150 or so on a shared VPS and if you havent at least broken even in 12months give up on the idea.

"There's plenty more prostitutes in Pattaya" ©2012™

"Only Newbies go home when planned" ©2012

"I don't run a gogo, i run a dance academy" Â©2014

"Sauna and milkshakes a winning combination" Â©2015

Facebook Group ::: Pattaya Bar Crawls and Parties

Ahhh.. I thought you were selling this site !

I have to admit,, When I first looked for this site, my search sent me to that other site first

and thought to myself " its not as good as I was told "

Ahhh.. I thought you were selling this site !

I have to admit,, When I first looked for this site, my search sent me to that other site first

and thought to myself " its not as good as I was told "

we are number 1 for "pattaya forum" and "pattaya forums" I don't know how you found that one.

1000 Baht LT is my bid

Hmm I just think its funny that he thinks it can make 1 Million Baht per month.

If it really was/can make that much then why wouldn't they just continue to keep it updated???

Anyone with brains should be able to work that out for themselves.

The sellers are crazy if they turn down Laamoks very generous offer.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

I know many people made hell of fortune selling just domain but certainly not this kind!

Running a forum for profit is hell tough job when you have huge competitor and unfriendly environment.

Online stuff are no more cheap startup anymore!

To Laamok:

If not many years back you started this forum, would you do it now?

If yes how different it would be?

My wife is a sex object. Every time I ask for sex, she objects..

This forum/domain is being sold for 7 million baht, just for the domain!!!

http://www.bahtsold....orum-com-104466

It claims you will make at least 1 million baht a month by just updating the website.

I think its time to sell up and retire.... (insert sarcasm) a word of warning to investors here, its will take you 10 or more years to get your money back and thats if your very very lucky.

I can't call the price a scam, (because people make their own prices) but I can say that those claims are completely made up and the level of work that is required is played down.

If you want your own Pattaya Forum, I actually know one that is for sale at a reasonable price, it has no traffic/few members, but its all set up and ready to go! Maybe 150k and alot more money for 6 months worth of support.

Why would anyone pay 150k for a forum with no members or traffic when you can buy the software for 6000 baht and a domain name for a bag of peanuts and there you have it...a forum for less than 7000 baht! What is so special about that forum that warrants the seller to ask 20 times the cost of setting one up?

Edited by COYS

Very good domain name, but a joke price.

If it was Pattaya.com it would maybe be worth half of it though!

LOL!------

Quote: Price was always 10mil THB but we reduced this by 30% because we want to get rid of it and invest in our other website projects.

* please serious counterbids only

If it has potential to give back 1m/month why the hell sell it for 7m?

Assrat.

Edited by Nausea
CXNID=1000015.12NXC.gif

LOL!------

Quote: Price was always 10mil THB but we reduced this by 30% because we want to get rid of it and invest in our other website projects.

Assrat.

I agree it's a joke price and he's obviously a bit of a chancer to ask for that much. Wouldn't call a guy an ass rat just for that though, he might be a perfectly normal hetrosexual for all you know :GoldenSmile1:

Earlier today before i saw this thread i was was thinking to myself is Pattaya Addicts the "Google" of Pattaya Forums? Will it ever be rivalled? Will it remain the leader in it's field? It would take alot of work to knock addicts out of the number 1 position. Although having that domain would be a good start.

Edited by cheaptrick

He does not really have a big enough email listing for true investment....

any forum need 20000 plus and a good forum with 100000 members for email listing would be great...

but a pattaya forum is a very special nieche advertising...

so really only DUREX would be interested and maybe expedia.... LOL

in surfing terms he missed the big wave....!!! LOL

He does not really have a big enough email listing for true investment....

any forum need 20000 plus and a good forum with 100000 members for email listing would be great...

but a pattaya forum is a very special nieche advertising...

so really only DUREX would be interested and maybe expedia.... LOL

in surfing terms he missed the big wave....!!! LOL

Durex, expedia, kodak, emirates etc, do not want to be associated with these forums, and they are just the tip of the iceberg.

Earlier today before i saw this thread i was was thinking to myself is Pattaya Addicts the "Google" of Pattaya Forums? Will it ever be rivalled? Will it remain the leader in it's field? It would take alot of work to knock addicts out of the number 1 position. Although having that domain would be a good start.

I doubt it will be overtaken. Providing I don't loose interest in Pattaya. The huge support from donations puts us miles ahead! It keeps us running ahead, improving and expanding.

I agree it's a joke price and he's obviously a bit of a chancer to ask for that much. Wouldn't call a guy an ass rat just for that though, he might be a perfectly normal hetrosexual for all you know :GoldenSmile1:

He got quite shirty about my 100,000 baht offer, then I questioned him about the 1 million a month and how he justifies those claims, no answers.

LOL!------

Assrat.

Its a nice domain to have, but he clearly will be waiting for someone to shell out, I am pretty sure it was for sale 6 years ago at 100,000 baht.

Why would anyone pay 150k for a forum with no members or traffic when you can buy the software for 6000 baht and a domain name for a bag of peanuts and there you have it...a forum for less than 7000 baht! What is so special about that forum that warrants the seller to ask 20 times the cost of setting one up?

Time, experience and effort of course. I am not selling a forum, but if I was, it would be a package. You are thinking about the core costs, not time, experience, extras, link building and other strategies. Not to mention setting up policies and forum structure. Its not easy like just setting a website up, there is a web of permissions to battle with.

To Laamok:

If not many years back you started this forum, would you do it now?

If yes how different it would be?

I don't regret it and I would do it again if my life rolled back. However, I can't see myself ever setting another forum up, its too much time, effort and a massive battle in every way. There is alot of blood sweat and tears. Not again in my lifetime. If i spent that amount of time doing ecommerce sites, I would be super rich by now.

Hmm I just think its funny that he thinks it can make 1 Million Baht per month.

If it really was/can make that much then why wouldn't they just continue to keep it updated???

Anyone with brains should be able to work that out for themselves.

The sellers are crazy if they turn down Laamoks very generous offer.

My offer is gone now, I just decided that I can't be bothered. I just wanted it as part of the portfolio, but I will save 90,000 baht by spending 10,000 baht on extra seo to make sure we stay above their core key word.

1000 Baht LT is my bid

You should contact them lol

Bahtsold is a good site for people to be ripped off on. There is a lot of stuff for sale on it well over priced, just looking for someone with cash to waste. I can see that at his current levels of new memberships he should have at least 10 by high season. By the year after someone may of even replied to one of his posts. How many years will take for someone besides the Admin to started a topic

I feel sorry for the poor sole that falls for this scam

I don't regret it and I would do it again if my life rolled back. However, I can't see myself ever setting another forum up, its too much time, effort and a massive battle in every way. There is alot of blood sweat and tears. Not again in my lifetime. If i spent that amount of time doing ecommerce sites, I would be super rich by now.

Exactly my point, setting up a forum is quite easy, making it a successful is not for faint heart & earning revenue out of it is a tough nut to crack!

God bless, you did it for many of us! You might not earn by the effort you put in but surely made many good friends & some wild lifestyle many of us dream doing. I know at the end $$$$ is what matter so my good wishes for your hotel & Club.

You still can do E-commerce through this forum, may not be that high volume but certainly decent amount with the huge members & hard core followers!

My wife is a sex object. Every time I ask for sex, she objects..

7 million baht.................anyone want to buy a gogo bar for 100 million baht? :GoldenSmile1: