Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

China Garden reviews please

bastos

China Garden boutique hotel was mentioned as a newer hotel with jacuzzi and the website looks good, but not much info on it.....not even a map and another poster mentioned that he didn't get a reply from an email he sent to them for booking a room.

I would like to hear from someone who may have stayed there.

Are they guest friendly??

'location' only says they are near soi Bukow and soi Dianna. How easy is it to get to Walking Street from there??

And is it still 1,200thb for their jacuzzi rooms [with balcony?]

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are a lot of reviews of the place in threads on here mate.

I've stayed there on a couple of occasions and really enjoyed my time there.

They have 3 rooms with jacuzzis all facing the street (Soi Lenkee)

As for location...I really think there is no better location than this street.

It's easy walking distance to LK Metro area.

This means good bars, GoGos, Lolita's and Devils Den are all close at hand along with the 2 best massage Streets Soi's Honey and Chayapoon.

Getting back from Walking Street will mean walking to 2nd road then getting a Baht bus to Soi Dianna (look for Kiss Food) and walking down this street. Or you could take a motorbike taxi for about 40-50baht.

The place has impressive bathrooms and their attention to detail is awesome.

It's very guest friendly.

The only down sides are there is no lift and some people mention the noise of the Karaoke next door is a little loud (though ie not heard it once in the room).

I found the best way to contact the boss is via this website.

He is a member in here....find the main thread and you will find his account on here.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

China Garden boutique hotel was mentioned as a newer hotel with jacuzzi and the website looks good, but not much info on it.....not even a map and another poster mentioned that he didn't get a reply from an email he sent to them for booking a room.

I would like to hear from someone who may have stayed there.

Are they guest friendly??

'location' only says they are near soi Bukow and soi Dianna. How easy is it to get to walking street from there??

And is it still 1,200thb for their jacuzzi rooms [with balcony?]

Guest friendly: Yes. There is a reception window where you can, at your choice, have your guest(s) leave their ID if you so Desire. There is no joiner's fee, and they are also ladyboy friendly.

Please note the photo is old, so the China Garden is in the spot located by The Golf Club in this photo, just to the left of Onyx. It is walkable (IMO) to either Walking Street or Soi 6 (20-30 minutes or so at a guess), but it is very easy to grab a baht bus within 5 minutes of the front door.

Cost: I *think* right now during low season a jacuzzi suite is 1000 baht. That said, I'm pretty sure the jacuzzi suites are booked solid through at least September, if not later. You'll have to e-mail and ask. There might be a bit of lag on the response time, but you will get a response.

This hotel must be good as I have read good reports many times and when I have tried to book it has always been full. Tried to book at least five times and the most recent was yesterday.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Awaaah....just called and fully booked for the 1st week in July. Any suggestions for 2nd best hotel with jaccuzi at the same price range???

Tried to book in September. Nothing vacant

No More Pink Nipples...

I understand now why the web connection/site is so underdeveloped they are so obviously highly booked by those that have experience, shame they are fully booked I know the location and would have liked to have tried it out . My loss not theirs as they are so busy.

I've stayed there and it's very well managed, very clean, and has a good, friendly staff.

I would have stayed there for my upcoming trip, but they're booked solid during the time I needed in October.

If Ian replicated this in a second venue, my guess is he'd keep it full too.

Awaaah....just called and fully booked for the 1st week in July. Any suggestions for 2nd best hotel with jaccuzi at the same price range???

you could try the destiny on LK Metro , there is a thread on it not far below this one

I would have stayed there for my upcoming trip, but they're booked solid during the time I needed in October.

Early or late October? That's when I'm looking to book (later half of that month) but I have to get the timing of my flights first (it's a bit more complicated since I'm going over to Chennai for three weeks first for business).

Ian seemed like a great guy via email but he did warn me they were booking up fast, and rightfully so from what I've seen and read here.

To give an example of how far people are booking ahead at China Garden...

I made my reservation for one of the jacuzzi rooms in early January for my upcoming trip in September,

and there was already someone reserved in the first floor jacuzzi suite.

I booked a deluxe room last year in july for 3 weeks and must say the place is great. Friendly staff, good cleaning, reception at night for keys and id's, location is excellent, quiet and right near LK Metro

I booked again for 25 days in july ( in 2 weeks :-p) and must say the response was a bit slower this time but still the owner managed to get me a deluxe room again :-). The jacuzzi rooms are sold out way beforehand lol.

I really recommend this place.

To give an example of how far people are booking ahead at China Garden...

I made my reservation for one of the jacuzzi rooms in early January for my upcoming trip in September,

and there was already someone reserved in the first floor jacuzzi suite.

It was me :GoldenSmile1: ... I had made my reservation in last September on the last day of my previous stay in Ch G H &R.

I can confirm that this is one of the very best places I have ever stay anywhere in our planet :9of10Score: ...great bunch of people works in the hotel. Ian the owner of this place is extremely friendly and hospitable. This time I'll stay in Jacuzzi Suite over 6 weeks :Clap8:

Anyway Ch G H & R is very highly recommended with absolutely incredible ratio of quality to value 4 money but if you want result book it well in advance... :GoldenSmile1:

Early or late October? That's when I'm looking to book (later half of that month) but I have to get the timing of my flights first (it's a bit more complicated since I'm going over to Chennai for three weeks first for business).

Ian seemed like a great guy via email but he did warn me they were booking up fast, and rightfully so from what I've seen and read here.

Hi

Well i booked on the 23rd February to be sure of getting in October/ November because the China Garden

has become very popular and is busy now year round.

Now looking forward very much to my second stay at China Garden.

I booked 18 february for OCT/ NOV and got the specific room requested.

However since then I often see people struggling to get a booking in this popular place.

Not stayed there before but dined in his restaurants

When I was at home, I was in a better place.

Alas, we travelers must be content

• 3 months later...

Loved the reviews of the place.. Didnt want to miss out so booked it for Oct 2013 already lol.. had to make sure I got the Jaccuzi rooms.

If you like to be "in town"then IMO this place is impossible to beat on price and location.

There is a top class ground floor restaurant that will deliver to your room (not expensive).

I rent out apartments if I was renting rooms in town I would find it hard if not imposible to complete with this boutique hotel.

JDM

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

good to hear the good comments.. got my room booked for a month in december :GoldenSmile1:

I work hard to support those on benefits! :Banghead2:

My only two issues on my stay there recently were the following:

1. 3 floors of stairs can be a bitch for barfines but thats just minor stuff.

2. Cockroaches here and there because of the restaurant underneath. Tons of dead ones on the way.

3. Sewer smell sometimes on path to stairs.

4. Internet out all the time.

My only two issues on my stay there recently were the following:

1. 3 floors of stairs can be a bitch for barfines but thats just minor stuff.

2. Cockroaches here and there because of the restaurant underneath. Tons of dead ones on the way.

3. Sewer smell sometimes on path to stairs.

4. Internet out all the time.

I've stayed here in the jacuzzi rooms on a few occasions. The last time was last weekend.

1. 3rd floor is a bit of a pain at the end of a hard night, but worth it when you get there.

2. I've never once seen a cockroach there, alive or dead.

3. Not noticed any smells on the stairs but on the last visit there was a occasionally a slight smell from the shower, possibly due to the heavy rains we were having at the time ?

4. Can't comment as I never used the internet while staying there.

Oh and I'm pretty sure the Karaoke bar next door has closed now so no noise from there.

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback.

1). Agreed the 3rd floor is a little hike ... let the girl go up the stairs first so you get a good view of what's coming next !

2). Cockroaches are a problem in Thailand in rainy season, we pay a company to spray monthly but you cannot completely eliminate them. Its nothing to do with the kitchen, it more the heavy rain flushing them out the street sewers.

3). Yes any smell from the drains is from the street sewers, I will have it checked but the white waters drains are directly linked to the street sewers .. again in rainy season its not uncommon for the street drains to over flow and have rivers of sewage and debris running up the streets / soi's ...luckly out part of Soi Lengkee does not flood

4). The internet is supplier by CAT, the best supplier available. We have wired and wireless, I will have an I.T engineer check each room and replace any defective routers.. someone once pointed out there are professional routers which reset themselves daily to avoid drop out / connection issues but they not widely available / very expensive thus we installed a wired point in each room.

Its great new the Karaoke bar seems to have finally closed it doors, lets hope it says that way !

My wife's brother Tik manages China Garden for me as I am busy in China but I will visit soon to make sure everything is in "tip top shape", please keep the feedback coming!

Thank you,

Ian

• 2 months later...

Im due to stay here later this month, booked the Jacuzzi suite roughly 6 months ago and looking forward to it after reading the reviews

Archived