IGNORED

iPhone 3GS cost in Los ? / iPhone 4 unlock able ? Many iPhone questions

K guys I'm debating on buying an old 3GS to use as my Thai phone . ( would love to have instant access to I internet as I do In USA)

1. Is the 3G fast I Thailand?

2. Do you guys think it's worth it to get a smart phone in Los?

3. how much is the 3GS In patt . ( I can get a used decent on in USA for 200$ )

4. Can they unlock the iPhone 4 yet ? Last I heard use couldn't use the 4 if it was brought from USA . Have they found a way to get around that yet ?

5. How much is the unlocking for the iPhone ?

6 lastly . If not the iPhone what other semi cheap smart phone would you / are you using now that you would recommend

I'm getting tired of using cheap ass phones every trip.

Thanks guys

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..

nokia 5800 xpressmusic unlocked, not an iphone but serves it's purpose in pattaya,

front and rear camera with flash

FM radio

web browser

GPS (I installed garmin)

micro sd card.........

and if you really want to take an iphone search ebay, plenty of good deals there.

:Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1:

Any android phone try Huwaweii cheap cheerful does as advertised

tumblr_mozsz8Bsd61qauzwfo2_250.gifIn honour of Smoakparktumblr_mozsz8Bsd61qauzwfo3_250.gif

K guys I'm debating on buying an old 3GS to use as my Thai phone . ( would love to have instant access to I internet as I do In USA)

5. How much is the unlocking for the iPhone ?

6 lastly . If not the iPhone what other semi cheap smart phone would you / are you using now that you would recommend

I'm getting tired of using cheap ass phones every trip.

Thanks guys

I can answer some of these questions.

I take my unlocked iPhone 4s over to Thailand to use and it works fine.

1. The 3G in Thailand is not too bad when compared to Australian 3G (sorry I don't know US 3G standards)

2. I think it's worth getting a smartPhone for Thailand. You can navigate, share Facebook etc with the girls right there, take photos if them and play games and of course use google translate both ways.

I find it very useful on many occasions.

3. Not sure of the price of a used 3GS in Thailand but for $200 I'd just buy it in your home country and get it unlocked in Thailand.

5. The cost of unlocking and resetting was about 5-600 baht when I got one done for a friend a couple trips ago in Tuk-Com.

I'm with DTac (happy) when in Thailand and I go for the Internet plan of 3Gb per month on 3G then unlimited edge which costs 650Baht for the month. As my holidays have been between 2-3weeks I don't ever use the full 3GB.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

I used my iPhone 4S in Thailand last trip with a Thai sim with no problem. The staff at Tukcom sold me a 3G sim card and cut it so it would fit into the iPhone 4. It was magnificent, reasonably fast and cheap.

Now... Before I left Australia I called my phone provider and told them I wanted to use my iPhone with a Thai sim and they unlocked it for me over the phone for free. Safer than jail breaking it I presume. In pattaya the staff at Tukcom will want about 3-4 k baht to unlock your iPhone.

Just remember to carry around a toothpick to open up the sim card slot when you wanna check your other sim.

I got no idea how much an iPhone is outright in LOS though.

Good luck

Edited by fantasmas81

Thanks for the info guys .

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..

True 3G H for 199 baht with 50 mb of data and you go 1 baht per mb from there not cheap but i just use the free wifi all over the place

A 3GS in Bangkok is about 10,000 baht new not sure what a used one i guess about 6,000 to 8,000 baht depends on the condition

Edited by nthn