Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

(PAL) Philippines Air Lines flights from US

jacer31

I am in planning stage of a trip to LOS in Feb 08 with a week in the Philippines enroute. Best fares I have been able to obtain is on PAL out of LAX/SFO to Manila, spend a week there, then PAL to BKK for a 3 week stay, then PAL return flights to US. I am somewhat familier with PAL on domestic flghts within Philippines over the years, but not on international flightes. I know Pal has had a somewhat up and down history over the years, so if anyone has flown with them recently I would appreciate your input on their aircraft and service.

Thank You!

On all of my trips to The Philippines I have never flown their home carrier. One thing I do know that may be of interest to you is that they have their own Terminal which apparently makes clearing immigration easier.

That would definitely rate as a bonus as Manila airport is not likely to be near the top of many peoples lists as their favourite place.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

That would definitely rate as a bonus as Manila airport is not likely to be near the top of many peoples lists as their favourite place.

Know exactly what you are refering to: flew into Manila in 1998, plane TD at 1030 AM, by the time A/C got to terminal, deplaned, got luggage, and finally made it through immigration it was dark. Swore I would never fly into that airport again. Oh well, guess one should never say never, LOL. Cause here I go again.

Flew on PAL non-stop out of LAX a couple of years ago on their 747. Biz class is in the upper deck. We left LAX late, however we did not stop in Guam so we actually arived a little early and had to bore circles in the air untill the airport opened.

The plane was a little old, but comfortable. Old school seats with footrest's better than Thai air, but the cabin service sucked. I think once the food service was over the stews went off and hid.

RG.