IGNORED

Taking my Laptop

Steven B'stard

On previous trips i have left my laptop at home, but am considering taking it along this trip which is 4 days away. Can i just buy a dongle or something to gain Internet access? how does it work.

Don't be too technical, as far as computers are concerned i'm an oldie.

As i am an early riser in Pattaya it would give me something to do in the mornings and could add a daily TR

Thanks in advance to any responses.

Stevie

Dancewatchers.com hire a laptop for 2,000 bt a month.....

Always take mine and use hotel WiFi even if it means sometimes going to a hotel i am not booked in with.

You can also Tether your Mobile to Lap or Net Book

Ghosty

Most rooms in Pattaya now include internet access. If you have a modern phone (and a Thai sim card) you can set it up to work as a wireless access point. You could get a dongle from Tukcom, but a cheapish smartphone may be better value for money. Many bars and restaurants also have free WiFi.

+1 on via the phone access(called tethering on my htc) and bars etc

I have a notebook(which is a mini laptop) and wouldn't be without it for in room/bus/train movies and music as well as internet.

hi stevie..

check with your hotel if you already booked,ask what is available connection wise.

And ask about price..

if no connection many bars have free wifi..

internet shops are 24/7.. 20baht for an hour would probably surfice your needs..

And the chance of hooking up with a lady in shop 555. have fun

hi stevie..

check with your hotel if you already booked,ask what is available connection wise.

And ask about price..

if no connection many bars have free wifi..

internet shops are 24/7.. 20baht for an hour would probably surfice your needs..

And the chance of hooking up with a lady in shop 555. have fun

Yes, that is what i've always done in the past, just used the local internet cafes, never shagged an employee yet, i'll put it on my to do list.

ok thank you to all who replied.

Stevie