IGNORED

US to move majority of naval fleet to Asia-Pacific

News Bandit

Singapore - The United States will move the majority of its naval fleet to the Asia-Pacific by 2020 in a new strategy to enhance its regional presence, Defence Secretary Leon Panetta said Saturday.

View the full article

I saw the news on the local channel, US is doing this to counter China on their relationships and have a "Eagle" eye on asian growing economies, They have major plans in building naval base in Bangladesh..........India is upcoming greatest economy in the world and many billionaires are competing the US giants.

Most of the shift is due to the growth of china, over the last several years china has claimed territory from damn near every country in Asia. Anywhere oil or natural gas deposits are suspected of being china has popped and said "hey, that's ours" and made a territorial claim. Two of the main countries it's attempting a land grab from is Japan and the phillipines and they have defense treaty's with the US

Edited by oldschool1965

Yeah-seeing old Leon onboard a US Navy ship in Cam Ranh Bay was a stunner.The fleet is moving to the Pacific for 1 reason-China.

"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it

helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but

at the very least you need a beer."

-Frank Zappa

One main reasons already mentioned, another key reason is to the north of the 1st reason.

Additional reasons (not in order) -- maritime shipping protection & natural resources (oil, natural gas et al also already mentioend). Other reason -- drawdown writ large in US military under the liberals, first to go in the USN are the fleets sailing the non West Pac waters.

Nothing surprising. The fleet are mini bases but 2020 is a long way off. I just hope they leave the mongering areas alone.

I am a fat kid in a sweet shop, I just cannot choose and want it all.

Oh they will be there in the thousands Boston Steve im certain of that but i might just go and get me job on one the bases there building why not. lol