IGNORED

Cell Phone Advice

I've searched and read other cell phone threads but did not find my answer so I'll make a new one. I am looking for a cheap way to make and receive calls locally around Pattaya and also receive incoming calls from the US via Skype. Will I be able to do these things by simply picking up a cheap cell phone and Thai SIM card?

Dont know about skype but a 1-2 call or Dtac card will let you make & receive calls locally around Pattaya

I've searched and read other cell phone threads but did not find my answer so I'll make a new one. I am looking for a cheap way to make and receive calls locally around Pattaya and also receive incoming calls from the US via Skype. Will I be able to do these things by simply picking up a cheap cell phone and Thai SIM card?

Skype calls to Thailand are quite expensive but you can get a Skype in # and people can call that with a phone from where you live. And of course you can call to USA, UK, EU, on Skype with a low cost or Skype subscription.

In Thailand you get a cell phone from Tukcom for $30 or so and choose AIS 1-2-3 or DTAC , get a SIM, prepay and call to your heart's content.

Since most people have computers at home using Skype to call Skype on another person's computer makes more sense as it is free.

Thanks for the tip guys. I'm asking because I need to be able to receive calls anywhere I go.

From USA, Google voice is 3 cents per minute for me to speak to friends in Thailand.

Does any one know which service is the best to use the blackberry service with ?

12call which i think is also AIS

dtac

true

would be good to have the internet data package possible as well as the Blackberry mail service, need it this time before i switch to a goggle phone

Will this work? Pay for Skype number and buy the phone and sim card. Have Skype forward calls to the phone.

At TukCom on Pattayatai on the 1st floor you can buy an AIS 1-2-CALL Freedom SIM-card at 50 baht. In 7ELEVENs you can buy recharge tickets for 50, 100 or 300 baht. 50 baht gives you 1 week validity. For calls in Thailand they charge 1 baht per minute. Skype from PC to PC is free, but from PC to mobile can be rather pricey.

When I need to make a business call to the states I use my 1-2 Call... Easy.. Look at how many mins I have, go to 7/11 top with 300/bt and call.. Usually cost me 100-150/bt..

If they need to get a hold of me.. They text me and I call them back on 1-2 Call..

For friends and family I use MSN messanger on my laptop with a web cam.. its free..

• 2 weeks later...

I use 1 2 call but as overseas calls are rather high, I have my girl friend buy calling cards here.

They say zoo something only cost $2.00 and last longer than a 300 bt 1 2 card.

I call her and have her call me back.

Edited by Anokanite