IGNORED

Anyone tried tequila reef cantina soi 7?

I like the food. Service is good. If for some reason I need service and they're not around I just wave my hand or say something loud (but nice) and they run over.

Never tried the one in pattaya.

The A/C branch is decent,great sevice,cute girls,but its quite small and can be a bit of a smoke fest.

Eat well,sleep deeply.For tomorrow comes,and its all yours.

Pattaya is smoking outside only.

I rate Blue Parrot ahead of Mikes and TR. Pitchers of margaritas for 450, good combo plates.

Retired

Been there twice so far with my buddies, the food was good. I have no idea how the menu can be so big economically speaking must be hard. I will say the service was a bit slow but once they pickup on your drinking speed it's fine.

been there 2 times on my last trip, and cant say much about the mexican food, but rips where great :-)

As you grow older, you'll find the only things you regret are the things you didn't do.

- Zachary Scott -

Thanks for all the comments guys good and bad. Improvements are always being made and our menu has expanded with more American favorites. New All You Can Eat monthly buffet coming soon here in Pattaya same as the one we do in Angeles City with the Ribs and Mexican along with a free margarita or local drink of your choice. Be sure to come by for our annual July 4th American Independence Day All you can eat buffet in Pattaya. Details for that can be found here - http://www.tequilareefpattaya.com/promotions.html

Tequila Reef Cantina Bar and Restaurant
Established 2001
Soi 7 Pattaya Beach Road
Tel:(038) 414-035

Pattaya: Tequila Reef Pattaya Restaurant

tequilareef_banner_300.jpg

FACEBOOK - TWITTER - YOUTUBE

1_1_Philippines-Addicts-Logo-May-2012.jp

Join Philippines Addicts the World's largest Philippines Sex Travel and expat forum with over 62,000 members today! Be advanced immediately ONLY if you are advanced on Pattaya Addicts with over 150 posts. PM me on PIA!

Food is not too bad but service is really bad. The "waitresses" totally ignore the customers and sit around watching TV and talking to each other. Jad a really bad experience there last year and wrote to the owner. Was offered a free drink next time but I didn't want to appear like we were looking for a freebie so just went back again unnanounced. Service was just as bad.

Not been in TR for ages as dont saunter down soi 7/8 much these days but from what I remember food was ok and service bit slow, but nice change to the usual to Thai or English foods.

Like the TR in Angeles though as good breakfasts and good location and friendly funny staff there and the best eggs benedict I have tasted, wonder if Pattaya branch does breakfasts also?

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

• 2 weeks later...

i used to eat in the reef,its not the same as before i had a margarita 3 weeks ago which was awful,i complained to waitress she just smiled and gave me the check.angeles reef is better and suaves lounge is great,wish they had one in patts.

sailor bar for cocktails is cheap,but so is quality!.beergarden is good for margaritas,blue parrot is even better,i will try the reef

one more time on my next trip in 3 weeks

The last time, I visited TR, was about two years ago.

As soon as my food arrived the person at the next table asked for an ashtray ....... and got one !

Enquiring to the waitress of why they had a no smoking sign on their door, I got a shrug.

A request to the next table for a smoke free dining experience, I got a f*ck off !

Paid up, left and went elsewhere, never to return.

been to Tequila Reef over the years a couple of times , food was ok . Discovered the Texas Lone Star this yea i found the food better there

"And were you pleased?" they asked Helen in Hell.

"Pleased?" answered she,when all Troy's towers fell;

And dead were Priam´s sons, and lost his throne?

And such a war was fought as none had known;

And even the Gods took part; and all because

Of me alone! Pleased?

I should say I was!"

Lord Dunsany

Seems all the naysayers have not visited the Reef in Pattaya for quite a while. In either case we generally get good reviews in both places in Pattaya and Angeles City these days and any complaints about our staff here in Pats are being dealt with accordingly. Nobody said the restaurant business was easy especially in Asia and try doing in two countries, I'm not making excuses. Your comments about the food, staff and services are greatly appreciated.

The business model in Angeles CIty is completely different than Pattaya so are the demographics. Therefore, we have a much larger menu in AC with breakfasts and other American comfort foods.

Tequila Reef Cantina Bar and Restaurant
Established 2001
Soi 7 Pattaya Beach Road
Tel:(038) 414-035

Pattaya: Tequila Reef Pattaya Restaurant

tequilareef_banner_300.jpg

FACEBOOK - TWITTER - YOUTUBE

1_1_Philippines-Addicts-Logo-May-2012.jp

Join Philippines Addicts the World's largest Philippines Sex Travel and expat forum with over 62,000 members today! Be advanced immediately ONLY if you are advanced on Pattaya Addicts with over 150 posts. PM me on PIA!

It's about what you'd expect from a Mexican joint in Thailand. Food's ok, service usually slow.

I would definitely recommend trying it though, you might enjoy it.

I've been 3 times and they didn't have guacamole twice :( - gotta have the guac

kanchanapattayadispensary1.jpg

any time i ate there i never had a problem with the service...ac or patts. +1 on the place from me.

MMC - Monster.Monger.Clique

certified whore & war monger

I have eaten there and I think it's good

Eyes were to big for my stomach tho was full before my main meal come out

And the margaritas were good and cheap

• 3 weeks later...

Went once, we loved it, everything was pretty good, enough to bring us back at least. Went back again.. not nearly as good as the first time, but it's ok nothing to panic about! Third time, our food experience was not so good.

When Rob from San Francisco ran TR and was in the kitchen at least part of the time, it was absolutely terrific. The Mex was a little California for my taste, to be honest, but still terrific. After Rob left, however, the place went into rapid decline. I've tried them three times since thinking surely they would eventually find their feet without Rob, but each time I have encountered nothing but dry, tasteless food and indifferent to rude service. To my mind, the place is now a pale shadow of what it once was.

• 1 month later...

the menu prices are not including taxes , that comes with the bill , or it was because i showed my pa card for discount ,

I eat at Tequila Reef, Mike's and Lone Star every trip. I am always looking for different restaurants to try. Where is the Blue Parrot?

• 2 weeks later...

I've never had a big problem with the service there, I haven't tried the Blue Parrot but my experience has been that Tequila Reef has far and beyond the best Mexican chow in town.

Tried Mike's Tex Mex and Sam's Mexican and American grill for mexican food recently and both times didn't finish the meal the food was so bad. Neither season the meat at all, Mike's burned the nachos we ordered (twice), and the enchilada was actually soggy (I think from the meat being wet). All in all, I'll try the Parrot, but I'd resolved to stick to Tequila Reef from now on....love that they're on door 2 door too for when I'm too lazy to haul my ass to Soi 7.

Living in Angeles City I visit TR a lot and always have a great meal. While in Pattaya I decided to see if the same quality food be found there. The easy answer is yes, actually I think the quality was better, The waitress was OK with very limited English. That is one of the only things I didn't like about Pattaya compared to Angeles City. I ordered my usual Chicken Chimichangas and my guest had the 1/2 rack of ribs. Here are a few pics, make sure if you like Mexican food you stop by and have a look.

153.jpg

164.jpg

165.jpg

166.jpg

167.jpg

Moderator on PiAtNight and Living the Dream in Angeles City, Philippines :)