IGNORED

Pattaya Agent for China Tourist Visa application?

Kola

Hello,

On a tourist visa in Pattaya, do you know if it's possible and which Travel Agent can do a China Tourist Visa (L) for 30 days, by going themselves apply for the visa in Bangkok?

Thank you

Went from Patts to China late last year.

Found the best price and booked seat online and then went to Chinese Embassy in Bangkok for visa.

Check the hours on their website, some hours you can only apply for visa, other hours you can only pick up visa.

I caught a taxi from Patts to Bangkok, the driver waited for me and brought me back, 1,500 baht.

Found the best price and booked seat online and then went to Chinese Embassy in Bangkok for visa.

is that just a tourist visa?..for 1 month?

do you have to provide info on where you are going in china?

thanks

http://www.chinaembassy.or.th/eng/

seems like a good site, ill have a look around

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

Thank you, but I'd like to know if it's possible to save the trip, I mean me not having to go there in BKK. And if it's possible then which travel agency have been used successfully by PA members in the past. I haven't asked any travel agent yet, I think I'd ask first the ones in soi5 near immigration office, but if PA members have previous experience with no problem from one travel agent I don't mind going there too.

I went to China a year and a half ago. Orchid Travel (corner of Second Road & Soi 1) got my visa for me. I expected a single entry (30 day), but ended up with a 6 month multiple (30 days per entry). I have applied for a China visa in Thailand before, but this is the first six month visa I've gotten here. The other visas were all 30 day single entry. I always use a travel agency to get my China visa.

I don't remember the price, but it was not cheap. It was worth it though. Did not have to take a taxi to/from BKK and did not have to go to the China embassy. It took 3 or 4 working days to get my passport back.

Gaee lao. mai law doi. Mai ben rai, mee daang!

Thank you timbota for your experience feedback, since you confirm it is possible I'll do it this way, I really don't want to go to bkk and do it myself if I can save myself the trip.

I know it's not wise to give anybody your passport but my lazyness is stronger :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you timbota for your experience feedback, since you confirm it is possible I'll do it this way, I really don't want to go to bkk and do it myself if I can save myself the trip.

I know it's not wise to give anybody your passport but my lazyness is stronger :-)

Super Group Travel at Soi Buakhao (near the Tuesday and Friday Big market) has been offering this service for more than 7 years. Visit www.visa2world.com

• 4 weeks later...

Update: they don't do it anymore. I've asked 5 travel agencies, including the super group travel, and 3 of them who didn't say straight that they don't do it, told me they don't do it anymore, 2 of them after phoning to their contact for confirmation. The reason being that china embassy asks for too much documentation now from travel agents, like return ticket, hotel accomodation, travel insurance, proof of enough money, etc. They told me it would be easier to do it myself, well not easier for me.. But that's what I'll do anyway, go to china embassy in bkk with the chance they say no for whatever reason..

The travel agencies told me they still do it but for thai national only now as it is more relaxed for papers.

Anyway, would be good if they open a chinese consulate in pattaya for visas..

Update: they don't do it anymore. I've asked 5 travel agencies, including the super group travel, and 3 of them who didn't say straight that they don't do it, told me they don't do it anymore, 2 of them after phoning to their contact for confirmation. The reason being that china embassy asks for too much documentation now from travel agents, like return ticket, hotel accomodation, travel insurance, proof of enough money, etc. They told me it would be easier to do it myself, well not easier for me.. But that's what I'll do anyway, go to china embassy in bkk with the chance they say no for whatever reason..

The travel agencies told me they still do it but for thai national only now as it is more relaxed for papers.

Anyway, would be good if they open a chinese consulate in pattaya for visas..

Another option is to get a China visa in Hong Kong. I have done this on many, many occasions. CTS (China Travel Service) has a booth in the lower level of the airport. If you submit your passport in the morning, you can pick up your passport/visa at 18:00-19:00 the same day. Very quick, very easy, but very expensive. I think I paid about 2600 HK$ (+10000 Baht) for a six month multiple visa. You need two passport-size photos. It is helpful, but not mandatory to have contact information in China. Also good to have the name of your hotel in China, but if you don't know just find a hotel on-line and get the name/address of the hotel. They do not verify your flight details.

I have been using CTS since 1994 and I have never been refused a visa. Depending where you are going in China, it is often times easier to fly through Hong Kong than ending up having to take a domestic flight within China to get where you are going.

If you arrive Hong Kong too late in the day, you cannot get your passport until the following day. This means staying a night in Hong Kong. hotels in Hong Kong are not cheap so this adds to an already pricey visa.

If you travel to China on business (like me) and your expenses are covered, Hong Kong is the way to go.

Also, CTS has an office in Kowloon. Until recently I applied here, but the last time I applied (2011) at this office, I ended up waiting 3 working days to get my passport back.

Gaee lao. mai law doi. Mai ben rai, mee daang!

Thank you timbota for this additional information which can be useful to future readers of this thread. Personally it's only a one-off travel and it's not on business, so I'll try the bkk consulate and if they make it too hard then I won't go spend money in china, it is not a big issue at all! Well big enough for me to go to bkk just for this, but still I won't cry over it if they make it too difficult, then for sure I'll never try again :-)

i got one in ireland and they required 2passport photos, flight details,passport , 30euro and about five days delay. you fill out a four page form and present it in person. they do not accept cash and show a small choice of accepted payment methods.

finally you get a receipt for the application and you or a nominated person can return on the appointed day and collect your passport with the visa attached.

note..........they insisted that you had a number of free pages on the passport.

i hope that this helps , however please remember that this application was in ireland,

check the net !!

• 4 years later...

Just a short update.  Super Group Travel is now located at 391/150, Moo 10, Theppraya Road (Between Sugar Hut Resort and Pattaya Court), Pattaya.  Website : www.pattayasuper.com.  Mobile : 081-6220128.  We have been providing visa services to overseas and visa to stay in Thailand (retirement visa, marriage visa, ED visa etc) for nearly 13 years. Visa To China services have been back to normal. 

• 1 month later...

We are very pleased to inform you that we are still keeping our 100% successful rate for our customers who want to get a tourist visa to China.  Please contact us (081-8620008) if you are interested. Also, you can visit our website www.visa2world.com

• 6 months later...

Archived