IGNORED

Buying prescription drugs in patts

ivan77

I'm coming to pattaya to live in two weeks, my problem is i have been taking a very small dose 10mg of paxil also known as paroxine at night to help me sleep and stay relaxed, Its a very small dose but i don't think two weeks is long enough to taper of it, some people get bad withdrawel symptoms, although i don't think that will be me, i want to taper of properly over a month. I bought the drugs from a online pharmacy so the tablets are in there blisters but without the boxes, i thought it would be okay to take them with me, but after reading about it I'm not sure because i don't have a prescription. So now I'm hoping that i can find somewhere in pattaya that will sell me paroxine if i feel i need it, or to taper of it. Anyone have any ideas if i will be able to buy it. Or will i be okay to bring the stuff i have, which is legit, but no prescription.

Theres a pharmacy on second rd next to tim's gogo opposite soi yamoto they speak good english you should have no problems here buying what you need. bringing anything in is a risk thats up to you as they.

You will need a copy of the prescription to bring drugs into Thailand, if you don't then you're leaving yourself open to real problems....!!!

Leave them at home, take guru's advice.

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

The interesting thing is that Paxil is not prescribed for sleeping at all. It is an antidepressant and withdrawal can be dangerous. A side effect of taking it for what it is precribed for is sleepiness. But it is being taken by the OP for the wrong reason and the side effect is the desired effect, coicidentally enough. It can also cause suicidal thoughts.

Best idea is go to a doctor (a novel thought on this board for sure) and tell the doctor you are on Paxil (right lyor wrongly) and get a legal prescription before you go so you can cross borders without worry. A doctor can prescribe it such that you can taper off (not of) safely.

Not that this is a particualrly abused or scheduled drug but the OP is now dependent on a drug taken for the wrong purpose and withdrawal causes Insomnia among other worrisome effects.

The other ironic thing for anyone going to Pattaya is that SSRI's cause impotence.

Edited by ricktoronto

• 3 weeks later...

I'm coming to pattaya to live in two weeks, my problem is i have been taking a very small dose 10mg of paxil also known as paroxine at night to help me sleep and stay relaxed, Its a very small dose but i don't think two weeks is long enough to taper of it, some people get bad withdrawel symptoms, although i don't think that will be me, i want to taper of properly over a month. I bought the drugs from a online pharmacy so the tablets are in there blisters but without the boxes, i thought it would be okay to take them with me, but after reading about it I'm not sure because i don't have a prescription. So now I'm hoping that i can find somewhere in pattaya that will sell me paroxine if i feel i need it, or to taper of it. Anyone have any ideas if i will be able to buy it. Or will i be okay to bring the stuff i have, which is legit, but no prescription.

just go into BOOTS pharmacy in shoping mall on 2 rd no problum just tell them what you want write down your prescription and they have a good price not a rip off and you get the right stuff

Normally you have to go see a hospital doctor to get a prescription for sleeping pills. Many other drugs that you need a prescription for in Europe can be bought over the counter.

Most drug stores around Soi Boukao/Soi LK sell the stuff. You can also get Xanax to help u relax and sleep. Prescription not needed. I walked into 3 different drug stores in the area and basically told them "Im in Pattaya for 10 more days and I ran out of my Xanax prescription" and within seconds they produced a small blister pack of 10 pills @ 1mg each. I think the price was about 180-200 baht for 10 pills.

Never asked me for my prescription.

no prescription iz ever needed in patts

but if you are looking for REAL sleeping pills or anti-depressants, its going to be hard if not impossible

• 2 months later...

no prescription iz ever needed in patts

but if you are looking for REAL sleeping pills or anti-depressants, its going to be hard if not impossible

Ambien,a real sleeper,is easy to acquire without going to a hospital. It shouldn't be,but it is.

Reliable sleepers are the Z tablets,chemical names Zopiclone and Zolpidem. There might be more Z names too,but I have only used the two mentioned. Only ever used for flights,so can't say how addictive they are,so be very very careful not to build up a dependance.

These might be the ones you read about,people having their drinks spiked and waking up to an empty safe and last nights companion in the wind with your holiday money,camera and iPhone.

Build a man a fire,and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire,and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Ever try melatonin--great for jet lag recovery also.

Theres a pharmacy on second rd next to tim's gogo opposite soi yamoto they speak good english you should have no problems here buying what you need. bringing anything in is a risk thats up to you as they.

I use them to pick up sleeping pills aswell not always exactly what you want but have good alternatives