IGNORED

iPhone app unable to access content

Tengu

Hey fellas,

I often use my iPhone hook up to PA.

Since yesterday i can get into forums. But when i ckick a thread, it goes to the usual page and the content is empty.

Is this error on my end or your end?

Cheers!

It wasn't me

There's something up with the mobile templates - the mods seem to have removed all feeds. I think there were trying to get rid of the header (the one pushing you to get another app) but it's all dead now. Hopefully they'll put it back online asap...

Cheers!

It wasn't me

Q - how do you find out if someone has an iphone

A - you just wait for them to tell you

Apparently this problem is not just happening on iPhones.

I started a thread on this a week or so ago and got responses from many different telephone users.

Mobile mode no longer works directly from the website so I tried downloading 2 different apps that were suggested.

Neither of these worked either...I'm having exactly the same problems as you.

I can only view the boards now on full computer settings.

It makes for slower loading times and having to zoom in and out a lot.

I hope in the future they can find a solution to this as its a little frustrating.

Although they are probably getting more ad revenue from me due to my many misclicks and hitting the ads. :)

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

Thanks for the input.

It wasn't me

Apparently this problem is not just happening on iPhones.

I started a thread on this a week or so ago and got responses from many different telephone users.

Mobile mode no longer works directly from the website so I tried downloading 2 different apps that we're suggested.

Neither of these worked either...I'm having exactly the same problems as you.

I hope in the future they can find a solution to this as its a little frustrating.

Although they are probably getting more ad revenue from me due to my many misclicks and hitting the ads. :)

I suspect that this is the answer, especially now that they're promoting Tapatalk. The admins haven't said what's happening, but with the constant increase of advertizing, social media hooks and promotions here, I imagine your assessment makes more sense than the silence we've had so far.

Gatver, wat een eikel..

Gatver, wat een eikel..

Some people are just jealous. :)

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

Now I'm just rockin full internet mode on my "phone".

One positive point is that I can get to my content easier.

It wasn't me

Now I'm just rockin full internet mode on my "phone".

One positive point is that I can get to my content easier.

One negative point is that all cookies and "helpers" here can now track you better. Something I just noticed - there's a Facebook "member" active on every page of this site. Look at the bottom of the page...

EDIT: I didn't want to wait, so I searched on IP Board's own forum and found an answer: Basically it's a Facebook bot looking for "Liked" posts to record back to FB. It's not supposed to be reading content, and the mods can/probably will mask it so we won't see it.

Not sure how much I trust FB to keep it's hands off the data though. In the past they've changed their rules to suit their needs whenever they chose to.

• 1 month later...

Please try and sort this out mods, it's highly anoying while on the move on a phone, it used to be perfect , now it's just an annoyance!

Thanks

Posted Image

Think lamok might be spending too much time on new ideas and not keeping up maintenance on the back bone of the site. Tapatalk version has been on and off now for 2 days. It a major pain

Yeah ..thanks for posting this..i thought it was only me having this problem of blank threads. I got some to work but most have to go through the "full site" button at the bottom.

and for all the iphone haters out there. I know where your coming from....until i got an iphone. Love It !!

• 8 months later...

Doesn't appear to be working via Tapatalk HD on iPad - you can read just fine, but it generates an error when trying to post or reply. Ditto on iPhone.

Any intention of fixing this?

Nothing more than an engineer/webmaster likes is having to answer constant enquiries rather than spend time on fixing the issue at hand. 

Just looking at it from the geeks point of view!!

You can never take back ......
  • A moment after it's missed
  • A word after it's said
  • Time after it's been wasted

Archived