IGNORED

Guesthouse Recommendation, Please?

player

Hi, I took a look at the top 14 or so (pinned) hotels, but they didn't list their prices, and that's important to me, so-

I'm just asking if any of you can recommend a guesthouse to me, please.

This is what I'm looking for:

Location- Loosely speaking, Soi Buakhow, around Soi LK/Diana area

Price- 3,000~3,500 Baht weekly

Amenities- Wifi IN THE ROOM- Not merely a sign that claims to have that. I use Wifi a lot, and I need a room that has it. Air-con.

At Katesiree House, I once had the nerve to ask reception there for the Wifi login~ the receptionist started yelling at me- yes, YELLING- and hitting her hand on the counter for emphasis as she did so. For what? Because I said, "Can I have the Internet login, please?"

The rest of the staff is about the same, attitude-wise.

I'm not asking for friendliness, in my experience, this isn't the Land of Smiles anymore.

But I'd at least like to stay at a place where the staff doesn't act like a bunch of Nazis who are having a bad hair day.

Since then, there has been no Internet in the room, and I don't ask why.

Lastly, it would be nice to stay at a place that serves a nice cup of coffee downstairs.

-------------------------------

I very much appreciate all helpful answers.

If you object to this post, rather than flaming me, please report it to the moderator and ask for it to be removed.

THANKS! :)

Katesiree House.jpg

Hi, I took a look at the top 14 or so (pinned) hotels, but they didn't list their prices, and that's important to me, so-

I'm just asking if any of you can recommend a guesthouse to me, please.

This is what I'm looking for:

Location- Loosely speaking, Soi Buakhow, around Soi LK/Diana area

Price- 3,000~3,500 Baht weekly

Amenities- Wifi IN THE ROOM- Not merely a sign that claims to have that. I use Wifi a lot, and I need a room that has it. Air-con.

At Katesiree House, I once had the nerve to ask reception there for the Wifi login~ the receptionist started yelling at me- yes, YELLING- and hitting her hand on the counter for emphasis as she did so. For what? Because I said, "Can I have the Internet login, please?"

The rest of the staff is about the same, attitude-wise.

I'm not asking for friendliness, in my experience, this isn't the Land of Smiles anymore.

But I'd at least like to stay at a place where the staff doesn't act like a bunch of Nazis who are having a bad hair day.

Since then, there has been no Internet in the room, and I don't ask why.

Lastly, it would be nice to stay at a place that serves a nice cup of coffee downstairs.

-------------------------------

I very much appreciate all helpful answers.

If you object to this post, rather than flaming me, please report it to the moderator and ask for it to be removed.

THANKS! :)

I don't know why the photo came out the way it did. It says "Internet Available, Every Floor, please ask for a login at Reception."

p.s. I have has a couple of small items go missing from my room. Nothing that cost more than $2.00, nevertheless, stealing is stealing. And, I'm not making any mistake about this, or I wouldn't post it.

Edited by player

Try this thread by BM Norcalkid

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/95276-2012-lk-area-gh-review

He reviews a few guesthouses in your price range around the Soi Buakhow, around Soi Lengkee

In my trip in march this year I stayed at 3 guesthouses, Sanya Apartments near the soi buakhow market, Katesiree House and The Rock Place in soi lengkee.

Sanya Apartments was probably the best place, clean and quiet, good sized room. But the wifi signal was crap in my room, and not much better in the bar.

Katesiree house I stayed in for 1 night. Always got a good strong wifi signal there, but never got a connection. Apart from that, It was ok, and yes the staff were a bit surly lol.

The Rock Place , I stayed here for 2 weeks, cost was 550 baht per night. I had a few ants in the room, but apart from that it was fine. The best thing about this place is the internet was rock solid. Its over a thai travel agent, so I suppose their network has to be up for the business to run. You can find contact details for this place in the Norcalkid thread.

Hi Look up Pasadena Lodge. LK Metro. Stay there whenever I go. great place to stay. Nice room, girl friendly, very clean, greeat service.

TO KNOW AND NOT TO DO......IS NOT TO KNOW.

Aren't we all. Good luck.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

3some guest house.is pretty nice for the price.

plus lots more on LK Metro at that price.

irish rovers have great rooms for their price might be slightly over 3k a week tho. check their website

"There's plenty more prostitutes in Pattaya" ©2012™

"Only Newbies go home when planned" ©2012

"I don't run a gogo, i run a dance academy" Â©2014

"Sauna and milkshakes a winning combination" Â©2015

Facebook Group ::: Pattaya Bar Crawls and Parties

Hey Player try www.soidb.com this website has every guesthouse & hotel in Pattaya & there prices hope this helps mate

Hello Player

There is a guesthouse in soi Rungland, Allstars-Apartments.

stayed there a few times.

Owners speak English German and dutch and of course Thai.

cheap, clean and not that far from the party places.

They have free WIFI, do not charge extra for the girlfriend when you find her.

The prices of the drinks are also very nice.