IGNORED

LK Mansion!

sandman

Pats vet interested in staying @ LK Mansion, near Soi Buakow & Pattaya Klang, next trip. Their Website is more Flash than Fact. (B800/night is well within my means). Have tried the Forum's "Search" function with little avail. So, I would like to put a few questions:

hotel itself: Staff agreeable? Facilities good? Photos indicate a lift. Is this in fact so?

Is there a Joiner Fee? How about for multiple guests?

Map on Website indicates it is between 2nd RD & Buakhao. Another map by Thai something-or-other places it east of Buakhow, IAW between Buakhow & 3rd. Which is it?

Never stayed near that area, but am not particularly interested in returning to any of the areas where I have stayed previously. How is the immediate area for eating, drinking, & mongering? (I know that Soi6 is reasonably close & that LK Metro shouldn't be too distant).

If it is between 2nd & Buakhow, baht buses north & southbound should be easy to get. Agreed?

Any & all help given greatly appreciated. MANY THANX in advance!

CHEERS!

Stayed there last November/December (2 months) and paid one month at a time for 15K Baht per month with 5k Baht deposit. Had a friend (bar girl) set me up there. Nothing fancy but certainly adequate. Maid service every other day. With the exception of one middle aged woman at the counter, all staff is very cool. Don't think you'll have a problem with multiple guests as long as your not loud and too obvious. Location is just south of Soi Buakhow and less than a few hundred meters of Pattaya Klang. Great food at Leng ki (something like that) directly north through parking/alley. Eating, drinking, mongering is all good, plus short walk to beach road, 2nd road, central plaza, etc. Bottom line, I would stay there again but am learning about less expensive places all the time. Don't think you'll lose staying here. Good luck!

Yeah its down a little dog leg side soi that sort of cuts the corner off between Pattaya Klang (central) & Soi Bukaew. (all spellings are correct ).

Couple of mins walk from the stop light junction on 2nd road at Tops. Turn in down the side of the famous Leng Kee restaurant.

(always easy to get home as almost all transport operators in Pats know Leng Kee restuarant).

Many people eat at the food market hall on the opposite side of Pattaya Klang.

IIRC this place has 2 blocks. One old with very basic rooms and a newer one, quite plush, leather sofa etc. with swimming pool on the roof.

You can cut through by Pattaya Memorial Hospital, cross 2nd road and you're straight into sois 7 & 8.

Baht buses run north & south on Soi Bukaew, but if you want to go north towards BigC best to ask as occasionally they continue on Klang back to Beach Road. (or if you catch the bus off Klang, you can just point north, they know what you mean).

Edit: This map is correct:

LK%20Mansion.jpeg

Edited by BangkokBangher

i hav mates stay there ..12000 per month in the nice block above smugglers bar..quite plush and decent value..turn right on to soi baukhoa then next right[about 100 metres]leads you to new plaza..probs best value drinks in patts..20 baht samsong coke ect..walk through plaza to 2nd rd and you hit entrances to soi 7&8 so location good if you like these places..lift above smugglers block but not sure about other side..no joiner fee..map supplied correct but little bit out of scale,lk mansion about 80 metres from central pattaya road[pattaya klang]..lk metro short baht bus ride and on baht bus route but is walkable if energetic..dont know about multiple guests but reception on opposite side to block ive mentioned so maybe they might not see.adds to the excitement eh?...enjoy

I have stayed there last 2 months, A like new hotel room, with lifts ,swimming pool and helpful staff. Centrally located and top value for money.

Tarriff around $800 bht per night or 10,000 per month! LK brand have many apartment blocks (like outrigger in Hawai) and all blocks are in great condition and professionally operated!

What about safe deposit boxes?

Do they have in the room ir in reception?

Does the room have balcony?

What about housekeeping services (monthly rate)? (cleaning, changing bedsheets, towels)

Stayed in Feb 12, no problems, would like to stay again. 640B/day for a week is good. quieter place. if you are fruit lover , ideal place as there are near by fruit market. it is Girl friendly, no joiner fees, swimming pool. there is no Balcony in rooms and there is no inroom safe. Safe is at reception, thats ok. For internet you have ask for coupon at reception which is about 250B/10hr. Cleaning daily. It is in the heart of Pattaya, all sois are at walkable distance.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

i have stayed in that hotel many time from the last few years, before and after the renovation.

I always stayed in the superior room on the top floor near the smal swimming pool.

the room is very big for the price and well furnished (microwave, small kitchen...)

You can't hear any noise from the street as you stay on top floor.

It is very central from everything (many small restaurant open night and day, shops, market and bar everywhere....) You can easily go evrywhere with bathbus.

There is no safe in the room but you have still the possibility to use one at the reception.

The down side is the midle age women that manage the business..............she is very unfriendly and charge me 1000 bath for a broken light swicth! with no possible talking. She is not smiling and disrespecfull.

The rest of the staf is nice.

The junior room are smaller than the room before the renovation, and the furniture are getting old pretty fast.

Would recommand that hotel if you don't bother about the manager.

Som na na you!

i did stay overthere for 4 weeks last february. Booked the hotel on their site and had to pay, in full, in advance to recieve the special fare.

I was charmed with the swimming-pool on the roof, but, that was not accesable for me because i recieved a room in building 1.

The swimming-pool is on top of building 2.

On arrivel i did have to pay 5000 bath extra, guarantee for the key, wich i recieved back when i checked out.

That was NOT mentioned on their site. Instead of spending that 5000 bath, i had to take it home with me.

Wile booking, i asked for a silent room. Did get a room where the noise of the air-condition from the building (not the room's )

was overwhelming, impossibel to sleep. I talked about that with the reception, and their response was... "you wanna check out ?

Then you have to pay the daily rate, and you do not get your 5000 bath back because now the room is empty..."

The next day i was presented a room on the street-side, away from that noisy builsin-aircon.

Or, i could check-out if i wanted...

Al of these and also the unfriendly behavoiur of some staf-members while i complained made me feel very bad about the

place: i was scammed. Payed for a good hotel and recieved a dump.

Before you go there, check some other places is my advice. Plenty of them in that area, maybe better, maybe worse.

Once you book and pay you wil never recieve a dime back of the money you did pay in advance.

If i would stay there again ? Maybe for one or two days, the days i need to search for a place to stay while i am there.

As i said, i did have a bad feeling about the place, and they know why.

I was ripped off by them, that's the feeling left with me.

Never ever pay for rooms up front if you havent stayed there before!! Its a golden rule and you wont get any refunds or help either from Thais as like getting blood from a stone!!

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

Never ever pay for rooms up front if you havent stayed there before!! Its a golden rule

That's great advice.

I totally agree with you m8.