Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

New York New York

Pattaya One

It might be a wonderful town, but the bar didn't strike us as up to much, when a few friends and I decided to try it out recently.

New York New York is the latest bar on the jinxed site of the old Coyotes bar in Marine Plaza.

We weren’t impressed when we went in – over-loud music, two or three ladyboy dancers mingling with the other female dancers, and a large ladyboy mamasan suggested this may be more of an Arab-oriented bar than one for me and my friends. This impression was reinforced (a) by its location in Marine Plaza and (b) by the gold and black exterior.

But we persevered, sat down and the place slowly grew on us; which might just be another way of saying that we got drunk in there.

We toasted TJ, speculated on the unusual nature of his death, and then got down to checking out the girls.

On the whole I would have given them, collectively, about 6 out of 10, which isn’t bad but not great either.

The décor is horrible – white. I don’t like it in any Pattaya bar. There are small stages for the dancers, which I also think is a mistake, lots of girls sitting around and too few dancing, and the big perspex champagne glasses are now downstairs and put to good use by having dancers in them.

We went upstairs to the toilet, up the same metal staircase, and walked past the infamous short time room (I bet that’s not used any more). Not much has changed upstairs but again it has a sterile, empty feel to it because of the white paint.

In the end we thought it was OK.

Would I go back? Maybe, but I won’t be rushing back.

InPattayaNow?d=yIl2AUoC8zA InPattayaNow?d=qj6IDK7rITs
sJ6s7U0MPVI

View the full article