Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Soi2 Hotels:soi2inn,sabaiinn,sabailodge or else ?

mikkol76

On my 2 holiday i have stayed in soi 2 area

Stayed sabaiinn 7 years ago

And 2011 august i did stay soi 2 inn(room 1000baht/night,walk in price)

I think soi 2 have many good value for money hotels

Also not too much noise from baars and also easy to travel Soi 6,soi 7-8 and Walking Street

But this year in can be littlebitt different because lot off construction work in soi 2 now

2011 october they pull down all bars from second road to sabaiiin

And start building new hotels

I just wondering have any of you mongers stayed recently in soi 2 area ?

does the noise of construction work make it too hard to stay these hotels ?

Here is some picture from soi 2 taken about 6 months ago

(i did found internet,not taken by me)

post-6-0-81236800-1319292577.jpg

I just wondering have any of you mongers stayed recently in soi 2 area ?

Years ago I stayed at sabailodge,

Yeah there are a few beer bars up there, soapies and close to Big C, but if I am going to sit on a plane for hours, then a taxi from BKK airport, I want to be as close to the action as possible. ( Soi 6 or Walking Street )

Yeah, I understand it is only a baht bus or motorcycle taxi away, or close walk, but even that is too far for me.

Yes of course the price is great and the quality is good. I would consider staying there is I was on a very long trip, but with short trips. I would rather spend more to stay closer to Soi 6 , WS and Coconut Bar, because that is where I hang out the most when I am there. Time and distance is more important to me.

Sorry if this posts sounds negative about your topic, but I am just being honest.

i stayed at the charming inn soi 3 alot over the years and always seems to be some construction going on in the area,could be nosiey at times,

Years ago I stayed at sabailodge,

Yeah there are a few beer bars up there, soapies and close to Big C, but if I am going to sit on a plane for hours, then a taxi from BKK airport, I want to be as close to the action as possible. ( Soi 6 or Walking Street )

Yeah, I understand it is only a baht bus or motorcycle taxi away, or close walk, but even that is too far for me.

Yes of course the price is great and the quality is good. I would consider staying there is I was on a very long trip, but with short trips. I would rather spend more to stay closer to Soi 6 , WS and Coconut Bar, because that is where I hang out the most when I am there. Time and distance is more important to me.

Sorry if this posts sounds negative about your topic, but I am just being honest.

I think your post is not negative

It is very good that people post their own opinion

I understand very well if you want to have room very near action

I have also sometimes stayed in Soi 6 myself

Only problems for staying very near action can be noise from bars

I myself want somedays go sleep early(i did find that hard in examble Soi6 or soi LK Metro guesthouses)

Of course if you have short holiday and you drink all night long you sure want to have

room inside action area

On Soi 3, you may consider BJ Holiday Lodge

1000 B/night room, totally girl friendly, have a pool, 100m from Beach Road, quiet place.

You will find some review on the forum and you have some room pictures on tripadvisor.

On Soi 3, you may consider BJ Holiday Lodge

1000 B/night room, totally girl friendly, have a pool, 100m from Beach Road, quiet place.

You will find some review on the forum and you have some room pictures on tripadvisor.

Today i just call some lady who has friend working in soi 2 inn

She tell me that they now have walk in price

1000 baht/night (no breakfast)

1200 baht/night (with breakfast)

She also told me that no problems with sound of construction work

Sound of construction very quit and not hear when in room

I think i will test first 2 nights soi 2 inn

But i have also looked bj holiday lodge from internet and i will consider it also,looks good option for soi 2 inn

Thank you for your post

I just stay now at soi2inn

Noise of construction is no problem here,or else soi 2 hotels

construction site is near second road,

I just stay now at soi2inn

Noise of construction is no problem here,or else soi 2 hotels

construction site is near second road,

2 pictures what the soi 2 looks near second road

Photo0079.jpg

Photo0080.jpg

And here 2 pictures from soi 2 near beach road

Photo0081.jpg

Photo0082.jpg

Thanks for the info on the "noise level" in Soi 2 together with the photos !

Really appreciated !

Enjoy your stay :hello09:

Thanks for the info on the "noise level" in Soi 2 together with the photos !

Really appreciated !

Enjoy your stay :hello09:

I sure enjoy my stay here

I very happy to see that noise no problem here

because i think at soi 2 has many good hotels priced between 800-1200 baht night

I like soi 2 hotels because from here very easy to travel Soi 6,soi 7-8 or Walking Street

• 2 weeks later...

Just back a couple of days from staying at the Sabi Inn. Should have stayed an extra week but my father died so had to rush back home. As

mikkol76 picture shows, they have made a start on the ground works at the top of Soi 2. Must say the work is going at a leisurely pace.

The real killer regarding construction noise is if they do piling work. If i remember rightly from last year, they were driving piles for the new hotel opposite the Sabi Resort. Think it's called True something.

• 2 months later...

I'm looking to stay at Sabai Inn for my next trip to Patts

As mentioned, I prefer this area as it's not to far Sois 6, 7 & 8 and your far enough, yet close enough from the maddening crowds

Can any of the lads provide any of their experiences from staying at Sabai Inn

• 3 months later...

Have any of you mongers stay near soi 2 recently ?

I just wondering how is construction work at soi 2 nowadays.

It would be nice if somebody has "updated information" on soi 2

• 11 months later...

Have any of you mongers stay near soi 2 recently ?

I just wondering how is construction work at soi 2 nowadays.

It would be nice if somebody has "updated information" on soi 2

Yes .I am staying there also at xmas,would like to know a bit more about the noise and area.

Cheers

I stayed at Sabai Lodge in middle of October this year. Dolphin pool villas. Nice rooms. Quite a bit of noise from construction, especially from the hotel they are building next to Holiday inn. Back in December and decided to try See Me Spring hotel on Soi 10. Great staff in Sabai Lodge, but just fancy a change in location. 

Archived