IGNORED

Using FF (frequent flyer) miles for seats on Singapore Air

muffhunter1

I've been trying with no luck through The Star Alliance, however I did get ANA business class.

They have an A340-500 goes non-stop LAX-SIN only 100 seat on the plane and all business class, would love to get on that but no seats open up….in fact no BC seats for the long haul on any of their flights.

Has anyone had any luck in getting seats with FF miles on Singapore Air?

Yes.

Are you a member with Singapore Krisflyer or another Star Alliance member? I have found it difficult using my Krisflyer points to get upgrades or flights on other Start Alliance carriers, looking through documentation on their website I found Singapore is an odd one out when it comes to using cross carrier points.

I don't know that much about Krisflyer, but I have heard that SQ are very restricted with award seats?

When are you looking for flights? Specific days? Some airlines open up more award seats 2 weeks before departure

I'm using United Air miles and booking early February 2013. Trying to book 2 weeks out would not work since I have to reserve rooms etc. I will keep an eye open for any changes as I'm currently booked on ANA.

Ok, I understand. As I said tho, Singapore Biz/First will be very hard to get. But there is many other options, like Asiana (LAX-ICN-BKK) and Thai. (Also, IMO All nippon is very good too)

Don't use United's website, try http://beta.awardtravelr.com/ I think that site shows more availibility. And when you find something just call United and book it.

Cheers

Ok, I understand. As I said tho, Singapore Biz/First will be very hard to get. But there is many other options, like Asiana (LAX-ICN-BKK) and Thai. (Also, IMO All nippon is very good too)

Don't use United's website, try http://beta.awardtravelr.com/ I think that site shows more availibility. And when you find something just call United and book it.

Cheers

Interesting site, never knew about. I'll have to play around with it and see how it works.

Thx

You'll NEVER get any Biz seats on SQ through Star Alliance. In 10 years looking, I've seen Econ availability only. Was very impressed with Asiana's Biz recently ( maybe the best I've flown) and ICN is my favorite airport. ANA is none too shabby in Biz either. wj