IGNORED

All Aussies Read Cheap Flights Bangkok

rhino

I've paid 925 inc tax with full service/direct Melb>Bkk/BKK>Melb and 1160 with an extra flight from bkk to Phuket and back

Jet star is IMO a crock of shit....poor or no service and the same price as Thai/singapore etc.

And wow Quantas dropped thier fuel surcharge from $30 to $25

even though fuel prices have dropped below the price before they added the fuel surcharge.

sorryfortherant

Member since Dec 06.

I've paid 925 inc tax with full service/direct Melb>Bkk/BKK>Melb and 1160 with an extra flight from bkk to phuket and back

Jet star is IMO a crock of shit....poor or no service and the same price as Thai/singapore etc.

<snip>

Agree, give jet* awide berth. Also jet* \ KLM/Air France - see what they charge for changing your mind! Especially when they tell you they want $300-500 MORE if you need to change dates, makes it a no service airline. Other airlines are more flexible and show more discretion, especially those where you with to stay in the host country longer. Thai, is just undercutting everybody, thus stealing marketshare from Malaysia and HK.

>>>Try http://www.bestflights.com.au/cgi-bin/209/flights?mainlist <<<

Sometimes good deals come up. Pay attention around July/August for 'Smoked Tickets'.

Stingray

Carriers out of Australia seem to have been colluding to keep prices up. China Airlines had a deal -SYD-Taiwan-Vietman HCM -> Taiwan -> BKK -> SYD for $1000 all taxes inclusive!

Asian traffic is down, as the $250 taxes/surcharges has been hiked to $360, killing off budget travellers from ozzie.

Indonesia's annual burn-off causes a haze that typically smothers parts of Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand as well as Indonesia itself. Fares are gettable around August-October for about $500+250 taxes around then - July to October. Then hop on a LCC to BKK. Last year was not so bad, so 2007 they will be smothered for months!

Don't think it as a ticket, think of it as a set of 'terms and conditions, and non-refundables'. Avoid Stingray airlines that are all too ready to dish out an 'Urwin' to you. Jet* like stingray.

China Airlines had a deal -SYD-Taiwan-Vietman HCM -> Taiwan -> BKK -> SYD for $1000 all taxes inclusive!

that would be a fun trip how long were you able to stay in the countries, meaning any restrictions, or were all flights prebooked?

Member since Dec 06.

Changed my ticket after missing my flight last year with Thai at no charge. More airlines should take their example and they would keep their customers instead of losing them.

• 2 weeks later...

Your not wrong there Braveheart. I have been using Emirates my last three trips, they are superb.

• 2 years later...

they are still very cheap. so if they stay that way for awhile i will give them a try next trip.

Hi Guys,

Jet Star are no longer cheap, the cheapest is Air Asia but the only issue is you fly to KL first (which isn't really an issue) as it is little over an hour to BKK.

Plus they run loads of flights from KL all over asia. This means no lengthy delays waiting for your connecting flight.

I am flying out this coming Saturday from Perth for AUD$727 including 15Kg luggage and food on the flight.

If I wasn't so stupid I would have booked 2 weeks earlier and for it for little over AUD$500.

They have specials running if you book now from Perth to KL for AUD$90 + texes which works out that a return flight is about $320. The flight from KL to BKK is about AUD$150 including taxes.

Great easy to use website the only issue is you have to book them as 2 different flights (ie Perth to KL snd KL to BKK) and allow time (preferably 2 hours) between flights as they close the desk 40 or 60 minutes before take off (60 mins for Air Asia X and 40 for all the other flights)

This makes the spondulas go a bit further.

Cheers

Highlander

A downside to Air Asia is that they only operate out of Gold Coast, Melbourne and Perth airports meaning if you're a Sydney sider like I am, you have to arrange your own connecting flights. At the end of it all, Thai Airways has direct return flights to BKK for as little as $900 so it's easier and cheaper to fly with them.

A downside to Air Asia is that they only operate out of Gold Coast, Melbourne and Perth airports meaning if you're a Sydney sider like I am, you have to arrange your own connecting flights. At the end of it all, Thai Airways has direct return flights to BKK for as little as $900 so it's easier and cheaper to fly with them.

Sorry mate, that is a fair point but sometimes Thai charge more than $1200 so it can still work out more economical to use the budget airlines in Oz to get to another state.

Cheers

Highlander

thats the good thing atm about Emirites they fly out of Sydney atm and they are so much cheaper than Thai air.

I booked flight from Syd to BKK $1060.00 thai and Emiritis is $708.00

Cheers Mick

Hi Guy

I found going from brissy asia air is the cheapest and but the worst stopping in KL sucks even though the are doing up the airport No booze to drink !!!

Xmas trip this year had a 7 hour stop over because the canceled my connection flight took for ever

Booking at the right time thai air is the way to go prices seam to be good at the moment

Jetstar forget them what a rip off

Cant wait to book my next flight

I got Air Asia out of Melb to Bkk for $550 rt in May including all taxes and even extraleg room seats.

• 1 month later...

i dont mean to brag (well actually i do) but i got airasia return tickets to KL for $120 on their last major sale :) another $20 to get to BKK plus a whole bunch of other flights around LOS and nearby SE asia destinations has cost me $320 so far. still need to book some discount flights to melb but other than that I'm pretty happy with the cost of it all.

BIG TIP: every year airasia run the FREE SEATS sale, it is THIS sale that you want to get in on as you only pay the taxes, resulting in extremely cheap flights, but the catch is, you need to be ready to snap on them immediately as they dont last. hopefully your work or local dole office is flexible in you booking before asking for time off, because you need a flexible lifestyle to take advantage.

i'm not travelling with checking in baggage at all this time, should be interesting but i figure i can cram enough pairs of shorts and t-shirts to last me a week and as i don't buy souvenirs or any other crap i can jump off the bus or ferry, hop on a scooter and be good to go!

• 4 weeks later...

Brought 2 tickets from Brisbane flightcentre flying Brunia $578 each, only catch 22 hrs in Brunia, 3 on the way back, be able to catch some sleep before parting hard.

but wow what a bargin been to bangers 3 times now first time to Pattaya be there on the 24th July 4 weeks to go.

Yehaa

I have found no one consistantly cheaper than Air Asia. I do live in Perth and have been lucky enough to get hold some of the $99 tickets.

Also they are relitively cheap to get around Asia with.

You guys from Sydney ever thought of Tiger Air Sydney Perth then Air Asia. Anyway Flights Syd melb are about to start the go Air Asia.

iam on my way in august and have found tickets with air asia for under $500 from melbourne not sure tho how much time to i have to have between connecting flights and do i have to exit international to go back in for connecting flight? lol i have to give them a call.

Christos

<center><embed src="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/&clickLABEL=MySpace Countdown Clocks&flashLABEL=Countdown Clock Codes&skin=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/skins/9.jpg&text=%0D%0DI%20land%20in%20Pattaya&untilColor=6724095&textColor=0&datesColor=0&year=2009&month=9&day=15&hour=22&minute=15&second=40&x=6&y=77" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200" name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /><br><small><a href="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/">MySpace Countdown Clocks</a></small></center>

iam on my way in august and have found tickets with air asia for under $500 from melbourne not sure tho how much time to i have to have between connecting flights and do i have to exit international to go back in for connecting flight? lol i have to give them a call.

there is no such thing as a connecting flight with air asia out of australia, when you get to kl you collect your bags and go through imigration and customs, then have to go to another part of the airport to check in for your NEW flight .

Works out ok, did it 6 times last year and twice so far this year with another 2 trips to go this year and 2 booked for next year.

I aslo take advantage of their free tickets, pay taxes only

does airasia fly outa sydney? if so do u guys go thru a agent or thru airasia website?? :Laugh1:

go through air asia website. Air Asia are soley a internet bookings. Forget the travel agent. They will charge youj just for logging into the site.

I know the local agent here pretty well, and she told me she charged a couple $50 for booking them a tiger airlines flight solely on the Web and said if anything went wrong with the flight not to call her.

Show me any woman, and I'll show you the bloke thats sick of rooting her!

How much time should i give myself to get from the arrival to the next flight out of kl to get the next flight to bkk is 3 hours enough going through customs and going to the other part of the airport and checking in?

Christos

<center><embed src="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/&clickLABEL=MySpace Countdown Clocks&flashLABEL=Countdown Clock Codes&skin=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/skins/9.jpg&text=%0D%0DI%20land%20in%20Pattaya&untilColor=6724095&textColor=0&datesColor=0&year=2009&month=9&day=15&hour=22&minute=15&second=40&x=6&y=77" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200" name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /><br><small><a href="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/">MySpace Countdown Clocks</a></small></center>

How much time should i give myself to get from the arrival to the next flight out of kl to get the next flight to bkk is 3 hours enough going through customs and going to the other part of the airport and checking in?

yes thats what i did on all my flights, no problems yet, but no delays yet either which would throw a spanner in the works