IGNORED

frequent database corruption

manarak

what's up with the database corruptions that seem to occur more and more often on PA?

has the problem been found out?

Last couple of days I,ve had difficulty accessing the forum also- problems????????????

Admins: have someone check out the mysql stats as well as server load when the DB gets corrupted.

PhpMyAdmin has a nice stats page and from the values shown one can check if there is a problem with database operations.

Hi Mods

please help ..I am having lots of issues with accessing the forum.

I manage to log in but 90 percent of the time it wont let me access content and a message comes up " Sorry you don't have permission to access this community"

You help or response would really help!

Cheers

Arrabista

"Never put off till tomorrow the fun you can have today",Aldous Huxley ...

Hi Mods

please help ..I am having lots of issues with accessing the forum.

I manage to log in but 90 percent of the time it wont let me access content and a message comes up " Sorry you don't have permission to access this community"

You help or response would really help!

Cheers

Arrabista

Hi mate I'm not a mod but I have this problem a lot.....even before the upgrades.

Are you talking about having this problem on a mobile device that switches between 3G and Wifi?

This is when it happens to me.

The only way I fix it is to turn my phone into airplane mode then back on establishing a new connection. Works every time for me.

Hope this helps.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

Hi mate I'm not a mod but I have this problem a lot.....even before the upgrades.

Are you talking about having this problem on a mobile device that switches between 3G and Wifi?

This is when it happens to me.

The only way I fix it is to turn my phone into airplane mode then back on establishing a new connection. Works every time for me.

Hope this helps.

this problem should be split into a separate thread, has nothing to do with DB corruption

I am experiencing 2 problems all the the time.

1. Database Corruption (as the OP described)

2. Difficulty logging in on my Computer

My phone is fine as I stay logged in. My home computer is shared with the GF thus I log in every time then delete all history.

Whenever I attempt to log in that annoying box appears requesting I join. I close this then type in my details in the required section.

When enter is pressed a box appears stating I have not entered a user name!

Fresh page - follow process sometimes 2 more times and usually I will get in.

Is there a way to fix these 2 things?

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

i am having problems trying to get on forum web page from my laptop at home.. internet is fine, but i get an index link for website say "gateway error""

its annoying...

is the website getting to BIG for the Setup they have running it..???

i am not a techy so cant really give any advice..

i am having problems trying to get on forum web page from my laptop at home.. internet is fine, but i get an index link for website say "gateway error""

its annoying...

is the website getting to BIG for the Setup they have running it..???

i am not a techy so cant really give any advice..

Me too. It's getting very frustrating. Seems to be OK now, so hopefully something has been done.

I'm still having log in connection problems, I can log on most times but the connection drops out and sometimes when I go to another topic of interest I get the same data base messages as the above posters, I am using google chrome.

I am not a Techie so not sure what the problem is

@999 baht ...thanks mate for your assistance but my pompem is just from a laptop ...exactly the same as harry brown below..

I'm still having log in connection problems, I can log on most times but the connection drops out and sometimes when I go to another topic of interest I get the same data base messages as the above posters, I am using google chrome.

I am not a Techie so not sure what the problem is

any progress on this problem ?

cheers

"Never put off till tomorrow the fun you can have today",Aldous Huxley ...

@999 baht ...thanks mate for your assistance but my pompem is just from a laptop ...exactly the same as harry brown below..

any progress on this problem ?

cheers

My guess is that your provider switches your IP address around during your session, and the forum has a security feature active that validates a PHP session against the user's IP (which is supposed to remain the same). This setting has to be adjusted in forum admin section.

you can check if this is the problem if you go on a site that tells you your IP address and you keep refreshing the page. Maybe you will see your IP adress change from one GET request to another.

Edited by manarak

• 2 weeks later...

No idea if the owners are aware but just in case they are not than the forum has been down in the South of England since early today.......seems to have come back around 10 minutes prior to this post.

If you're aware than apologies.