IGNORED

Koh Samui, Best area to stay hotel etc,

tsamba

Hi lads,

I'm planning my trip for november will be los for 3 weeks so plan on spending the middle one on Koh Samui, i have never been before so need some advice on the best part to go and good price girle frendly hotel, also is there a good bg scen there?

Thanks in Advance

there some beer bars in lamai,on koh samui, been 5 years since ive been cant remember the name of the hotel, but you can get a nice place for about 1000baht a night, i would think.

there some beer bars in lamai,on koh samui, been 5 years since ive been cant remember the name of the hotel, but you can get a nice place for about 1000baht a night, i would think.

cheers i'l check out lamai, ko samui looks like a nice place! i'l have to get some proper tourist phots this time not just girls!! :)

I would second Lamai beach area. I found Chaweng beach area too crowded and that was in low season (June/July). If you just want a hotel room close to all the action then I would recommend Bonny hotel. If you want something flashier/midrange I can recommend Lamai Buri Resort (though it's not beachfront). Either way I suggest you read reviews on tripadvisor.com and travelfish.com and go from there.

My trips to KS I preferred the Lamai area because it has a village feel to it and you can walk around everywhere. No reliance on having a bike (drink riding lol) but I did rent a bike to go exploring the Chaweng area.

PS I have never heard of any accom. in KS being non-GF. I would be shocked haha

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

My vote goes to Lamai as well. Chaweng is more scenic and more upmarket, but Lamai is better for swimming and better value for money. Last time in KS a couple years ago, was with Thai GF but saw plenty of bars & plenty of pussy around the place. No hotel staff will think twice about you bringing a gal back, in fact they'll think you're a bit odd if you don't. Bo Phut also has a bit of a bar & restaurant scene, but the beach is shitty.

• 2 weeks later...

The beach at lamai is much much better, and lamai is cheaper, but I thought the nightlife in lamai sucked. I only spent a couple of days there, but it was in peak season, and most of the bars were dead!

There were loads of girls (way more beer bars than chaweng), but mostly average looking. Did enjoy bar hopping, and then at the end of the night all the BGs go to the club in lamai (think it was called fusion but can't remember, its the only real late night club in lamai though so you'll find it easily!) where you can pick them up without barfine for not much money (got a 500bt LT from there one night)

The nightlife in chaweng however is much more buzzing, loads more people, better clubs that are open later, and it seemed to me that the better looking girls went to chaweng where they could make more money.

If I were you I'd stay in chaweng, but hire a bike/car and spend the days around lamai, and the nights in chaweng. They're only a few mins bike ride apart, and its a great ride, going over a massive hill with great views of the ocean.

IMO

Lamai - fat old men paying not very much for average looking women.

Chaweng - younger people, more going on, better looking girls. More expensive.

"If you can't be a good example... be a horrible warning."

My vote goes to Lamai as well. Chaweng is more scenic and more upmarket, but Lamai is better for swimming and better value for money. Last time in KS a couple years ago, was with Thai GF but saw plenty of bars & plenty of pussy around the place. No hotel staff will think twice about you bringing a gal back, in fact they'll think you're a bit odd if you don't. Bo Phut also has a bit of a bar & restaurant scene, but the beach is shitty.

That sucks. I'm all booked in at bo phut with my Japanese girl. Thought it would be quiet and nice, aways from anything to do with P4P. And the hotel is expensive as hell.

It wasn't me

• 4 months later...

The entairtainment and the good night life is in Chaweng in my opinion.

If you like to go to disco : Sound Club and The green Mango are in Chaweng street