IGNORED

Grand Hotel Vs Jasmine Hotel in WS

sisio

I've never stayed at the the Grand hotel, but I have stayed at Jasmine hotel. Based on that experience I would pay the extra money for the Grand hotel sight unseen.

I was once in Grand hotel, rooms are decent and clean and it was arround 1000 baht if i remember right. And when you go out of hotel you just fall into WS and girls from beer bar always eeeiiiiiii you :D

<iframe width="263" height="180" src="//w2.onlinecountdowns.com/98515" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Veni, vidi, vici.

• 1 month later...

I was at the Grand hotel last May.

I was in a "superior" to the ninth floor.

Quiet room, spacious and clean.

I had a nice view of the sea and the hill with the light sritta "pattaya" - very romantic look out with your lady

They welcomed t

defects:

1) the reception staff is not friendly. Welcome customers so rude and lazy.

2) the hot water pressure is bad.

Please note:

The safe room is located only in superior rooms

Jasmine is really nice on the outside and in the corridors, but the rooms that I have seen are very basic and not particularly well maintained. Admittedly, I was there a couple of years ago and didn't see larger rooms, but even so it was OK rather than great. That said, it is a cheap place to stay on WS that isn't awful. If you do go there, though, do take your own towels (or buy some from a market) - theirs are truly awful.

I have never been in the Grand, so I can't comment. It is expensive for what looks like a fairly basic hotel, though. My guess is that it is probably better than Jasmine - but, for the price, you could probably do much better by moving a little away from Walking Street. Have you been to Pattaya before - do you appreciate how quick and easy it is to get around?

Trip Reports:

"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company."

Mark Twain