Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Do expats get Hay Fever in Thailand?

satyr

Am wondering if people who have Hay Fever in their home countries have it when they move to Thailand or do they finally find relief from those horrific seasonal allergies!

What brewster said - different types of pollen here I guess. I always got it in May/June in the Uk and never in Thailand.

Not an ex-pat but chronic hay fever sufferer April -September(bad eyes today)-.Never get it when I travel anywhere outside UK,even Northern France.

No problems with hay fever since moving here, but I do get a cough and sinus infections frequently.

I don't encounter the hay fever I would get back in the US...but man the yellow fever runs wild!

strangely enough, i have hay fever and you know what sets it off here? bus exhaust. not normal diesel smoke, ut the smoke from the old buses. If i get any of that in my nose i have uncontrollable hay fever.

Hay fever shouldn't be a problem in Thailand, probably due to the tropical climate

Never had hey fever here, another benefit of moving here!

Good for you. I found out I'm allergic against wasp stings here, never had a problem with them in Europe. You like many expats cut your life expectancy by a couple and maybe many years just by moving here. Contaminated food, polluted air, soil and water, noise, stress, substandard medical care, fucking at an age when you should sit in a rocking chair and read the Encyclopedia Britannia, STD's, Dengue, flus, and a hundred conditions we don't even know by name because they don't exists in our moderate climate, The insane traffic and crime. Just follow the news and a pattern emerges, Farang die at the age of 60 or 70 at best. Not seldom before that. Beyond 80 is the average in Europe. Make the best of the short time remaining you accept by becoming an expat.

Am wondering if people who have Hay Fever in their home countries have it when they move to Thailand or do they finally find relief from those horrific seasonal allergies!

Used to get it really bad in Sydney, Australia. Since moving to Thailand - gone. RESULT!

Cheers,

Mark

Mark (Always Bar4)

I was also a chronic hay fever sufferer in australia and never get it in SEa at all, Thailand, Philippines, vietnam, cambodia none of them have brought on an attack for me. its just one more good reason to stay in this part of the world.

Good for you. I found out I'm allergic against wasp stings here, never had a problem with them in Europe. You like many expats cut your life expectancy by a couple and maybe many years just by moving here. Contaminated food, polluted air, soil and water, noise, stress, substandard medical care, fucking at an age when you should sit in a rocking chair and read the Encyclopedia Britannia, STD's, Dengue, flus, and a hundred conditions we don't even know by name because they don't exists in our moderate climate, The insane traffic and crime. Just follow the news and a pattern emerges, Farang die at the age of 60 or 70 at best. Not seldom before that. Beyond 80 is the average in Europe. Make the best of the short time remaining you accept by becoming an expat.

I think some of the things that you post for early death are incorrect. For example the quality medical treatment is high if you are prepared to pay. What evidence do you have for contaminated food and air pollution (at elevated levels above western cities)? I would have thought guys living in Pattaya would have lower stress levels than living in the west.

You missed the most obvious contributing factor and that is alcohol consumption. Two other important factors are physical inactivity and a lack of purpose (other than chasing pussy and hanging out in bars). IMO it still boils down to mainly three things: genetics, diet and lifestyle. You can't do much with the first one but the other two are controllable. Where you live has little to do with the last two factors unless you lest door to a dirty industrial site.

The life expectancy for a male living in western countries is around 76 - 78 so not sure where you got the 'beyond 80' from.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Do you have diarrheas more frequently here than back in Australia? Diesel cars, trucks, and buses have particle filters in the west, Thais might not know they exist. Nor catalyzers for gas engines. From my balcony I can watch a small pond being filled with garbage, when its full it'll be bulldozed and another condominium build on this dump. Many buildings in this city sit on landfills like this, many roads are lined man-high with garbage. You mentioned good points, but missed that Pattaya is turning into a industrial site, and construction with all the dirt that comes with it, seems to grow year after year. I add one more point, the bloody heat. It's nice for a two week holiday coming from foggy England in mid-November, but do you get used to it in the long run? Thousands of people died in the record heat in the summer of 2003 in Europe. The temperature in Pattaya is frequently above 35 degress, combined with high humidity.

I meant the combined average of male and female farang when I said 'beyond 80'. For a male Thai, it's 66.5 years, and I bet he's better adapted to the conditions.

I came off my bike about 10 years & dislocated my big toe. The doctor said it would need fusing in a few years because the cartilage would have drained away. It gave me jip for around 6 months but was then OK except during UK winters. I've not had a single flair up since I've been here!

I have had the squits regularly on & off for a year but narrowed it down to cheap Thai whiskey. Been OK since I stopped drinking that gut-rot :LOL2:

strangely enough, i have hay fever and you know what sets it off here? bus exhaust. not normal diesel smoke, ut the smoke from the old buses. If i get any of that in my nose i have uncontrollable hay fever.

Bio-diesel? :Dunno:

sgu_banner.gif

All depends on what you are allergic to. I used to get ridiculously bad HF about 10 years ago, and I got tested and desensitised through a series of injections. Since my allergies were all pollen/grass related I found I never suffered whilst in the UK, Europe, US and Asia. Especially in the big cities. I think the humidity keeps the pollen down as well.

Red

"Just trying to have a little bit of fun folks, that's all." - Dean Martin

Do you have diarrheas more frequently here than back in Australia? Diesel cars, trucks, and buses have particle filters in the west, Thais might not know they exist. Nor catalyzers for gas engines. From my balcony I can watch a small pond being filled with garbage, when its full it'll be bulldozed and another condominium build on this dump. Many buildings in this city sit on landfills like this, many roads are lined man-high with garbage. You mentioned good points, but missed that Pattaya is turning into a industrial site, and construction with all the dirt that comes with it, seems to grow year after year. I add one more point, the bloody heat. It's nice for a two week holiday coming from foggy England in mid-November, but do you get used to it in the long run? Thousands of people died in the record heat in the summer of 2003 in Europe. The temperature in Pattaya is frequently above 35 degress, combined with high humidity.

I meant the combined average of male and female farang when I said 'beyond 80'. For a male Thai, it's 66.5 years, and I bet he's better adapted to the conditions.

I have had diarrhea once in 6 years of living in Pattaya.

It has been Thai law since 1993 that all cars are fitted with catalytic converters. I am sure that there is not 100% compliance but they certainly know about them.

I only drink bottled water (I think most expats do the same) so any pollution of the ground water by 'garbage' should not be an issue.

I have yet to see anything other than light industry in Pattaya so not much pollution from there. Construction is transitory so there should not be any long term exposure.

Heat is not an issue. Where I am from it gets near to 45 degrees.

I think the main reason that Thais have a shorter life span is due to not being able to afford quality health care. A good indication of this is that life expectancy is longer in Bangkok that Thailand in general. In this report the average Thai male lives 69.9 years while those in Bangkok live 75.6 years (not a lot different from that in the west). The numbers may not match your source but it indicates that even in the more polluted environment of Bangkok people live longer than in rural areas.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Never had hay fever but suffered Asthma in the cold damp uk, used my puffa regularly, with the humidity here dont have a problem with it.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

• 9 months later...

Archived