Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

motor bike licence

mike2228

thank's for the info .....last time in pattaya...kept seeing police stopping tourist on scooter's....for licence's and paperwork.....

thank's for the info .....last time in pattaya...kept seeing police stopping tourist on scooter's....for licence's and paperwork.....

If you are coming to Pattaya on a tourist visa you will not be able to get a Thai driving license. You will need a visa that is valid for 1 year

You're ok with an international license . It's the only thing they always ask for because they know most tourist won't bring one .

If you are coming to Pattaya on a tourist visa you will not be able to get a Thai driving license. You will need a visa that is valid for 1 year

That is not always the case. I ad my first thai license with a 2 months visa.

thank's... i think i'll go with the international licence.....

Do you actually need to do a driving test in a car and motorcycle? Or is it just a theory test?

I had no problem getting one. Got it and the car in an hour.

But I didn't even bother till I'd lived here for 5 years.

Never had more than a helmet fine, no matter what licence I showed them.

But some areas are less tense, or in need of teamoney, than others

pubstud

If you have a car & bike license from your own country just a colour blind & brake reaction test plus all the forms, if not its a theory & a small driving test, very easy.

pubstud

If you have a car & bike license from your own country just a colour blind & brake reaction test plus all the forms, if not its a theory & a small driving test, very easy.

I have a current DL from Western Australia but it's for car only. I have an International DL but that's also car only. I had Thai licenses for both car & motorcycle but they expired years ago (but I still have them) so I'd like to make a license for motorcycle too. I'll be going to see the gov dept for licenses tomorrow. If I have to take a driving test for motorcycle that's OK with me but I don't own a motorcycle, so do they have one there I can use? Guess I'll find out tomorrow. Suppose I can always offer a Thai 200Bt to use his bike for 10 minutes.

I have a current DL from Western Australia but it's for car only. I have an International DL but that's also car only. I had Thai licenses for both car & motorcycle but they expired years ago (but I still have them) so I'd like to make a license for motorcycle too. I'll be going to see the gov dept for licenses tomorrow. If I have to take a driving test for motorcycle that's OK with me but I don't own a motorcycle, so do they have one there I can use? Guess I'll find out tomorrow. Suppose I can always offer a Thai 200Bt to use his bike for 10 minutes.

My license was also epired for half a year and i had no problem renewing it. Not sure about a few years though.

And yes you are expected to bring your own bike (how the hell did you get there without a license? :) How do you drive back if you fail? :D )

if i apply for a thai licence do i have to surrender my uk licence

No

william7093

No you can keep your UK license

Good day gentlemens , first message here from my side as i can not wait more to go Thailand in this 2012 , recently planning since 2009 , but no chance for job

One question from my side as i will like to rent motorbike in Thailand

Could anyone advise me how much are the rates for renting ?¿ daily ? and also there is any chance to arrange by any agency a Enduro Tour ? Offroad tour in Bangkok or Pattaya ¿?

Thanks much in advanced for all the knolwdge posted on this forum

• 8 months later...

What do I need to renew a 1 yr licence.?

Anyone help pls ?

• 2 weeks later...

I will put my own experience from januar 2013. There is a lot of very good descriptions how to get thai drivers license and i decided to try to get as well. I bring inetrnational drivers permit from my country,have TOURIST visa on my passport. I get confirmation of my address at jomtien immigration (I ask someone in visa office before,he made all at 1 hour for 800bath,maybe expensive,but i prefer fast and easy way and it was) and papers from thai doctor(15minutes,150bath,probably you can get 70bath chepaer,but...).

The biggest problem was to find the place. It is not before Regent school or after,it is inside. Drive inside to Regent school and then ask security guard and you will find it. As written in another posts,outside is several shops where you can make a copy of your documents.

In main building downstairs you need to get ticket from machine.You ticket will be called and you go upstairs and lady will check the ticket and all your papers. I was there at about 9am,and wait about 5 minutes for this first step.

There is written a lot about type of visa you need to get the licence. So lady check my tourist visa and all the papers,say ok,we make only color and brake test,gave me another number and after it is the same story like in another posts.

So my information is: you can get it on tourist visa.If you have international DL,they check eyes and reactions only.Easiest way to get there is drive inside to Regent school.

I wish good luck to everybody.

Archived