Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Sher 'E' Punjab Indian Restaurant, Pattaya (Beach Rd.)

There are a fair few Indian restaurants in Pattaya & to date I've only sampled but one.

Sher 'E' Punjab Indian Restaurant, Pattaya (Beach Rd.)

Indian food in Thailand can be relatively expensive when compared to equivalent Western food, don't you think? Sausage, mash & beans can work out anywhere between 150-250 baht, whereas a modest Indian dish can work out anywhere between 300-500 baht.

I chose a masala dish, with pilau(sp) rice & two tandoori rotis. . . washed down with a bottle of water. Cost, 480 baht.

The order arrived within a very few minutes which suggested that it perhaps wasn't freshly cooked, and the pilau rice looked like regular yellow Thai rice & it was damp rather than dry. I did query this with the waitress and they assured me it was pilau. The service was prompt & efficient, no complaints. the meal was quite filling, but then I'm not a huge eater. Overall ot a bad place to try, but next time I will go elsewhere so I have something to compare it with.

cardfront.jpg

cardback.jpg

dsc01209t.jpg

dsc01205e.jpg

dsc01202tm.jpg

dsc01203t.jpg

dsc01204vo.jpg

Maybe it is just me but that is a little expensive for one meal. There are plenty places to eat that are better and far less expensive. During my travels to LOS, I have only eaten breakfast at a Indian place on Soi 8 In BKK. It was not bad but the price was more than I should have paid for breakfast. If you venture out you wll notice these places are almost always empty or lacking customers. I think price is the reason. I know I will not reside in any during my travels. There are too many other options for far less and often even better quality of food. Meaning you can't eat it all!

Find someone who you can love like crazy and who'll love you the same way back. You have to try, because if you haven't tried, you haven't lived. - Meet Joe Black

Until Then......

www.dancewatchers.com

http://www.devilsdenthailand.com

http://www.lolitapattaya.com/

This is one of the worse restuarants in town. Ever wondered why it's always empty.

Thanks for the review, and since there are so many great eating options in Pattaya, perhaps I'll skip this restaurant. For Indian, I like Ali Baba - it's on Pataya Kland on the right just up from Beach Road. Thanks again for the review...

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination

I have a feeling the meal will be enjoyed even less coming out considering they are never busy and how fast they brought the food out.

thats not a tandoori roti for ur information thats a chapati indian bread . tandoori roti is not made of wheat flour. indian food is generally costly in pattaya . i had a lamb biryani last time 450 bahts at maharaja restaurent . if u want unlimited food go to star dice at naklua 200 baht for a buffet dinner.