IGNORED

Nana Hotel vs Majestic Suites vs ?

me43

I am spending a few nights (3-4) in BKK before heading out to Pattaya...then probably 3-4 again on the way back home.

I am a purest...there is only one purpose to my solo trip...experience the local talent...no sightseeing, no temples (ok, maybe a tailor or two, but thats it)...and, I like to be close to the action (street noise is music to my ears, I love the buzz).

After much reading...here and elsewhere, it seems like hard core mongers like the Nana hotel simply cuz its at the heart of the action and in spite of the fact that its a bit worn...however, equally central seems to be the Majestic Suites and this establishment seems to be much newer/cleaner/friendlier...but no pool.

I am thinking of booking one of these on the way in and one on the way out just to see for myself, but this seems to be a great forum for advice on this kind of thing...so, fire away boyz...my ears are open!

OR...if you know one within a block or two of these, give it a mention too! THANKS!!!

There is nothing like an 18yr old hottie in a plaid skirt with an ass so firm you and your buddies can play a round of quarter-bounce off it...and then she offers to fuck the winner and blow the losers!

I've stayed at both and I can honestly say that Majestic suits is by far the better of the two. I've never been to the pool at hotel Nana but the thought of the DNA soup in there makes my skin crawl. The hotel Nana is just too funky and not very clean.

I wouldn't automatically assume that you can necessarily get a room at either place. They may be fully booked. Still, for that area I'd first try the Majestic Suites, then the Dynasty Inn, then Nana hotel. If you don't mind spending some money, try the JW Marriott.

Rex

Majestic is by far the better of the two. Dynasty would be next, then Nana hotel. All three are within 100 yards of Nana Plaza.

Do not stay at the Dynasty , I stayed there last trip and its a dump. The Majestic Suites is Nice but book early as they are full all the time.

Cheers

Dude

Do not stay at the Dynasty , I stayed there last trip and its a dump. The Majestic Suites is Nice but book early as they are full all the time.

Cheers

Dude

I would agree with dudebrah that the Majestic Suites is way nicer then the Dynasty Inn. I have stayed at both hotels and the Majestic Suites is very classy while the rooms at the Dynasty Inn are small dark and not very inviting just to sleep in. The Dynasty Inn in Pattaya is a real nice hotel compared to it's Bangkok counter part! :P

Edited by Owl

Owl

Majestic have a new place too. I think with a pool. Majestic Grande. It is in Soi 2 - just along from the Marriott. If you are standing in front of Annie's Soapy (Raja hotel forecourt) it is right in front of you.

Skip the Nana IMHO.

Definately book ahead if you want to stay at the Majestic Suites, it's a smallish hotel that is quite popular. Also I think you mentioned needing a tailor, the Majestic tailors next door is an honest one.

The pool at The Nana was recently re-done and it is very nice.

Unfortunately, the rest of the hotel is vintage 70's, maybe 60's.

The Majestic has it beat unless you absolutely need a pool. Ask for

the rooms facing Soi Sukhumvit; they are much more quiet than

the rooms facing NEP.

Cowards die many times before their deaths;

The valiant never taste of death but once.

William Shakespeare, "Julius Caesar", Act II Scene 2

Unless you want roaches crawling around your toothbrush, and taking the roadtrip with you to patts after stowing away in your bags..skip the nana.

The most unfair thing about life is the way it ends. I mean, life is tough. It takes up a lot of your time. What do you get at the end of it?

A death. What's that, a bonus ? I think the life cycle is all backwards.

You should die first, get it out of the way. Then you live in an old age home. You get kicked out when you're too young, you get a gold watch, you go to work.

You work forty years until you're young enough to enjoy your retirement.

You do drugs, alcohol, you party, you get ready for high school. You go to grade school, you become a kid, you play, you have no responsibilities.

You become a little baby, you go back into the womb, you spend your last nine months floating... you finish off as an orgasm.

It's perfect !

The Nana is a shit hole but I ended up staying there one night last year even though I knew better. To crush any remaining doubt here are the pictures.

post-1849-1178860572_thumbjpg

post-1849-1178860594_thumbjpg

post-1849-1178860620_thumbjpg

post-1849-1178860641_thumbjpg

Edited by BassGod

Nana? Lets not mention

1) the brown stained shower heads (these shower heads were no doubt designed in the 70's and are probably only now found in prisons/mental institutions - no modern power showers here)

2) the yellow stained cracked baths (You don't want to go for a soak in those things)

3) that you will always know whenever your neighbours are using the showers because of the loud howling and baying noises as the water tries to make its way through the rusting pipes (it ends up as a trickle when it comes out)

4) you will spend most of your shower time fiddling with the taps to try and get the temperature right but the water will alternate between scalding or freezing

5) the insects feasting in the bathroom on any bits of soap and toothpaste droppings that they can find.

6) the hotel has longstanding customers who it treats preferentially when it comes to allocating rooms. I booked twice a long way in advance and each time I was given a room looking out on to a brick wall near to a powerful generator which kept the room humming with noise and vibrations. Whenever I tried to change rooms I always got the same refrain 'Solly, no more loom. Fully booked now Sah'

4) you will spend most of your shower time fiddling with the taps to try and get the temperature right but the water will alternate between scalding or freezing

Why does it always seem to switch to scalding when you are washing your balls?

Whats with the phone there in the bath

That's in case you are sitting on the toilet and want to make a call to 1982. Seriously, when was the last time you saw a rotary phone?

Edited by BassGod

I stayed at the Grace hotel which is 1/2 block from Nana Plaza. The rooms were good for 1300 baht. Twin and single room.

I was just about the only white guy in a hotel that was full of arabs. There were a lot of muslims around the hotel.

I stayed at the Rose hotel 1/2 block from Pat Pong. The rooms were OK for 1500 baht. It's an old hotel that they are trying to modernize.

I am spending a few nights (3-4) in BKK before heading out to Pattaya...then probably 3-4 again on the way back home.

I am a purest...there is only one purpose to my solo trip...experience the local talent...no sightseeing, no temples (ok, maybe a tailor or two, but thats it)...and, I like to be close to the action (street noise is music to my ears, I love the buzz).

After much reading...here and elsewhere, it seems like hard core mongers like the Nana Hotel simply cuz its at the heart of the action and in spite of the fact that its a bit worn...however, equally central seems to be the Majestic Suites and this establishment seems to be much newer/cleaner/friendlier...but no pool.

I am thinking of booking one of these on the way in and one on the way out just to see for myself, but this seems to be a great forum for advice on this kind of thing...so, fire away boyz...my ears are open!

OR...if you know one within a block or two of these, give it a mention too! THANKS!!!

Bangkok_Birthday_004.jpg

why is everyone down on the Nana? Nana is $cheap ,free breakfast,free drink in the lounge, nice pool,lots of lobby and car park action,disco(so,so).

why is everyone down on the Nana? Nana is $cheap ,free breakfast,free drink in the lounge, nice pool,lots of lobby and car park action,disco(so,so).

Hi,

Dont know mate. I always get a nice room when I go there. I like the smell of pussy in the morning, it smells of Bangkok.

No man is a hero to his valet.

After much reading...here and elsewhere, it seems like hard core mongers like the Nana Hotel simply cuz its at the heart of the action and in spite of the fact that its a bit worn...however, equally central seems to be the Majestic Suites and this establishment seems to be much newer/cleaner/friendlier...but no pool.

Agree that Majestic is a fine place, albeit with somewhat small rooms.

If you're a purist, try to get a room on the seventh floor at the end of the hall near the elevator. It give a great view of of Nana Plaza from the room's window. Looking out at the lights, the girls and goings on as you're getting ready to head out for the evening is a great buzz builder.

I am not necessarily having a go at the Nana hotel as I have stayed there twice before. If the question is whether the hotel is near to one of the main P4P area and within easy access of freelancer hotspots then the answer is yes. However, if the question is whether it is a good hotel just from a hotel perspective alone then a whole load of minuses are indisputable.

I think that a lot of guys stay at Nana hotel because they want somewhere near Nana Plaza and this is the most well known place. They are unaware of other hotels which are far better but which are also in the same spot. This is where forums such as these are invaluable.

Nana is fairly cheap but there are reasons for this (this has been discussed previously - its old, worn, terrible bathrooms/showers, insects, etc, etc). It is cheap but whether you are getting value for money is a different matter.

Buffet breakfast is included however it finishes early (10am I seem to remember) and so people will miss out on it unless you stay out all night or get your girl out of bed early. You get one free welcome drink during your stay however a 100 baht beer is not enough to cover up for all of the other drawbacks. You don't have to be a resident at Nana hotel to pick up a freelancer in the Nana car park or in the Nana lobby - its free access to absolutely everyone 24 hours - so you can go there pick up whatever you want and take it back to your hotel. The Majestic suite is only 1 minute walk away.

There is a disco in Nana hotel however again that is free entry to everyone as long as you are prepared to pay. Whether you are resident at the Nana or not you still pay the same entry fee of 400 baht. A free drink is included but after you have deducted you 100 baht beer you are still paying an entrance fee of 300 baht for what is basically a small disco. There are other discos which are just as big and close later (Nana closes at 2/3am) and which also have freelancers e.g. Spice or Boss clubs which close at 5/6 am and are only 200 Baht (including free drink) entry.

THANKS guys...Im booked in at the Majestic...sounds like that was a no-brainer!

There is nothing like an 18yr old hottie in a plaid skirt with an ass so firm you and your buddies can play a round of quarter-bounce off it...and then she offers to fuck the winner and blow the losers!

I am not necessarily having a go at the Nana hotel as I have stayed there twice before. If the question is whether the hotel is near to one of the main P4P area and within easy access of freelancer hotspots then the answer is yes. However, if the question is whether it is a good hotel just from a hotel perspective alone then a whole load of minuses are indisputable.

I think that a lot of guys stay at Nana hotel because they want somewhere near Nana Plaza and this is the most well known place. They are unaware of other hotels which are far better but which are also in the same spot. This is where forums such as these are invaluable.

Nana is fairly cheap but there are reasons for this (this has been discussed previously - its old, worn, terrible bathrooms/showers, insects, etc, etc). It is cheap but whether you are getting value for money is a different matter.

Buffet breakfast is included however it finishes early (10am I seem to remember) and so people will miss out on it unless you stay out all night or get your girl out of bed early. You get one free welcome drink during your stay however a 100 baht beer is not enough to cover up for all of the other drawbacks. You don't have to be a resident at Nana hotel to pick up a freelancer in the Nana car park or in the Nana lobby - its free access to absolutely everyone 24 hours - so you can go there pick up whatever you want and take it back to your hotel. The Majestic suite is only 1 minute walk away.

There is a disco in Nana hotel however again that is free entry to everyone as long as you are prepared to pay. Whether you are resident at the Nana or not you still pay the same entry fee of 400 baht. A free drink is included but after you have deducted you 100 baht beer you are still paying an entrance fee of 300 baht for what is basically a small disco. There are other discos which are just as big and close later (Nana closes at 2/3am) and which also have freelancers e.g. Spice or Boss clubs which close at 5/6 am and are only 200 Baht (including free drink) entry.

Hi Sybarite

Great post-lots of good info appreciate it. I'll be there in November, think I'll book Dynasty Inn Grande, then get the free transport to the Pattaya Dynasty Inn.

• 2 months later...

To call for medical assistance when you scald your bollocks in the shower.

Edited by Slacker

i used to prefer the nana when the disco was really good, you could pull off a shorty in 12 minutes (my record) but it's gone to shit these days so i've gone majestic.